Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007922 times)

YPM

• Blue Pirate
    • View Profile
Hey, DLPB. I've been struggling to find a full answer on the small model size within fields issue. I've looked in the bug reports, help files and the forums but I can't find much on it, so I'm gonna ask here. Forgive me if you've heard this 1000 times but is correcting the Kaldarasha field model sizes to look larger on the table for you or no?

I've been playing around with HRCResizer and Makou to varying levels of failure success, but since this is my first playthrough and first crack at FF7 modding, I'm not convinced I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the mod and the game. I've got a bunch of other mods installed under Custom, so the mod framework seems solid, too. I hope you keep everything going. Thanks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Possibly but not a priority at this time.

YPM

• Blue Pirate
    • View Profile
Completely understandable. I'm tempted to start working through the flevel.lgp in Makou to do each field myself (I'm bored :D) but I believe the next time you update Reunion, my changes would be lost and it would all be for nothing. It's a tad immersion-breaking when I flip back to stock graphics and see the size difference but I can deal with that.

Thanks, again!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ir2iHMUDPSlNZe3Hc8Vkq41Kfooz2Muu/view?usp=sharing

need testers.  Use this file and play at least 1 hour of battles and send me app.log  - if crash, let me know as well and send as soon as crash.  No crash = 1 hour of data.  It attempts to fix the crash with a custom TRY CATCH.  A sloppy work around.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Forget it.  Bug still exists.  I think only hope failing the bug being located in this code is to just merge ffxn to this and update to work properly with Reunion.

Xeogred

• View Profile
I'm now near the end of my playthrough and the Reunion/retranslation truly enhanced my love for the game even more. Tifa repairing Cloud's mind finally made sense!  :P

Now the only issue I have, is that the item duplication trick doesn't seem to work with Reunion enabled? I saw some people in a Steam forum reporting this too. I was wanting to do 100% this run and grind on those Magic Pots, but with only a dozen Elixers now that won't be possible.  My goal is to beat Emerald without resorting to KOTR at all (did this back in the day when I was a kid since I didn't want to bother with chocobo breeding lol)

So is there anyway to get around the duplication issue?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
I'm now near the end of my playthrough and the Reunion/retranslation truly enhanced my love for the game even more. Tifa repairing Cloud's mind finally made sense!  :P

Now the only issue I have, is that the item duplication trick doesn't seem to work with Reunion enabled? I saw some people in a Steam forum reporting this too. I was wanting to do 100% this run and grind on those Magic Pots, but with only a dozen Elixers now that won't be possible.  My goal is to beat Emerald without resorting to KOTR at all (did this back in the day when I was a kid since I didn't want to bother with chocobo breeding lol)

So is there anyway to get around the duplication issue?

you have to disable reunion in options.ini, then load your save in vanilla and do your duping, then transfer that save back to reunion and re-enable

Xeogred

• View Profile
you have to disable reunion in options.ini, then load your save in vanilla and do your duping, then transfer that save back to reunion and re-enable
So disabling the mod, copy/pasting my save file over and doing the duplicate, then reversing all that won't mess up the save file or anything?

Xeogred

• View Profile
Yeah that worked! Wow, pretty nasty seeing and hearing the vanilla version in comparison after playing through the whole Reunion hehe.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you're gonna cheat - may as well just use Black Chocobo or Ochu to add 99 Elixir.  The in-game way of doing it without cheating is to morph the Master Tombery.  or steal or whatever.

bliznik

• View Profile
Is there a file with the translation words that I can edit?

I absolutely *love* a large majority of the translation, and a lot of items that were renamed (e.g. Fire2 renamed to Fira), but there are a few items, like the material "Elemental" being changed to "Property" that just didn't sit right with me. Is there a way I can reset a few words that didn't sit right with me? Or is this more of an all or nothing deal?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion

I absolutely *love* a large majority of the translation, and a lot of items that were renamed (e.g. Fire2 renamed to Fira), but there are a few items, like the material "Elemental" being changed to "Property" that just didn't sit right with me. Is there a way I can reset a few words that didn't sit right with me? Or is this more of an all or nothing deal?

i actually agree with you, for me i wish the series canon option changed gold needle to soft, but for the most part you have to get DLPB to agree with you for a change to be made, and i dont think that happens very often  :-P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Not only that but because soft means nothing and Gold Needle was even how it was translated in earlier titles.  You'll need to learn to use the tools provided to edit the game.  Right now, way too busy to assist with that.  There's no feasible way anyone in my position could give options for every single person's tastes.

bliznik

• View Profile
You'll need to learn to use the tools provided to edit the game.  Right now, way too busy to assist with that.  There's no feasible way anyone in my position could give options for every single person's tastes.

Gotcha, I was a bit afraid of that. Was hoping that it was some easy-to-use XML file or something. No worries. Thanks for everything! This was a really well-made mod.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I do have plans to make more of it external but there's no way to do it with the field files at present...  so dialogue needs altering as well you see

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I am currently merging latest ffnx to R06g and good progress being made.  Obviously, stripping out a lot of stuff that's not needed - but I think the fixes will be worth it.  What of the shaders though?  The one I am currently using is great.  Any good ones we can use?

pearl-lp

• View Profile

This isn't really what you're looking for, but there is a text document labelled "Exe" in *\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text, which you can change some things like status effects ('anger' just wasn't doing it for me, so I changed it to "rage"), and also some options from the menu such as sorting materia and the like. You just open it with Notepad, replace the word and save. Maybe it's something you can use?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's not. He'll need other tools too.

corebela

• View Profile
Hey there, I just started using the reunion mod. It's taken me hours to get it all set up properly with remako mod, so it seems like almost everything is finally working, except a very important part, the re-translation.  Other parts of the mod are working, like 60fps battles. Remako is working too. But the re-translation is just not doing anything. I check by seeing is phoenix down is changed, and it isnt. This is making me crazy. For the love of god please help.   

Agravaile

• View Profile
Any plans for adding the Honeybee inn cut content with the transition to FFxn driver? Or not sooner than R07? Also, will the transition still be R06 or will become R07?

Oh, and a quick question, does someone know if there's something that can make the "Load" option available at the status screen, or just make "Quit" go into the title screen, instead of closing the game. Does anybody know if this exists and share a link please?

I know there is a button combo that Reunion has which returns you to the title screen, but for some reason, it always led me to crashes which is why i tried to avoid it. At least in the past releases. I haven't tested it as much in the updates that came out since, but still having the "Quit" option take you to the title screen would be much comfortable to me.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-26 08:50:27 by Agravaile »

Pegboard

• View Profile
Hey there, I just started using the reunion mod. It's taken me hours to get it all set up properly with remako mod, so it seems like almost everything is finally working, except a very important part, the re-translation.  Other parts of the mod are working, like 60fps battles. Remako is working too. But the re-translation is just not doing anything. I check by seeing is phoenix down is changed, and it isnt. This is making me crazy. For the love of god please help.

Just to make sure, you have New_Translation = y in the Options.ini and you installed New Translation properly when using the installer?

skyhawk

• View Profile
Oh, and a quick question, does someone know if there's something that can make the "Load" option available at the status screen, or just make "Quit" go into the title screen, instead of closing the game. Does anybody know if this exists and share a link please?

The feature you're looking for is called "soft reset", and I likewise have not had good results with it in the past.

That doesn't make much sense to me. The retranslation is very integral to this mod. 

Please check in options.ini that
Code: [Select]
[MAIN]
New_Translation = y
remains untampered with?

Also, did you select 'series canon' during installation? 'Phoenix Down' is series canon, it only becomes 'Phoenix Tail' if that option is not selected. Start a new game, and examine the very first line of dialog, from Barret to Cloud after he hops off the train:

New Translation OFF: "C'mon newcomer. Follow me."
New Translation ON: "C'mon, newcomer! Follow me!"
« Last Edit: 2020-05-26 21:57:36 by skyhawk »

corebela

• View Profile
Also, did you select 'series canon' during installation? 'Phoenix Down' is series canon, it only becomes 'Phoenix Tail' if that option is not selected. Start a new game, and examine the very first line of dialog, from Barret to Cloud after he hops off the train:

Ah geez, I thought checking those options would change it, not the other way around.  Thanks a ton!

kno2231

• View Profile
Is this mod possible to change the music and SFX?

skyhawk

• View Profile
Is this mod possible to change the music and SFX?
Yes, both music and sfx can easily be overridden by your own "mod". See the Mod_ID parameter in options.ini