Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Ifrit: Some questions about the program <Solved>  (Read 4663 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
Hey guys!
I was modding some enemies stats and trying to make then use some new moves and magics.
Then I was messing around with Diablos, and put him to use Silence and Slow, but I've got a question about the program now:
Spoiler: show

Is it possible to make priorities? Like "he will use magic X more frequently than others of the list"? Or they're casting everything from the list at random?
Another thing: I've put him to use Cura but hes using on my party members instead of himself. Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-23 03:55:12 by Hazedge »

Girl next door

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Ifrit: Some questions about the program
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-14 22:23:24 »
You'll have to change the AI for that. There is a version of Ifrit made by JWP in witch you can do that but it's quite buggy, we are waiting for a new version someday.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-15 11:24:29 »
So for now they'll use all their actions at random then?
One more thing, what is this "Animation" value exactly? The camera move or something? All the new Magic I'm putting I set the Animation to 11 but don't know exactly what the value means.

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-15 12:54:25 »
You'll find your answers in this thread : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17851.0  ;)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-16 21:39:50 »
In case you still wondering: The anim, is the animation performed by the battle model of the specific enemy your editing.  To have the enemy use another magic/attack you have to mess with the AI as gnd stated. I'll take a look in that thread as well. 😎

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-07-17 20:59:06 »
Oh great you're a life saver, the problem is that I'm a bit of an amateur on programing, I know the basic and understand the logics, but I cant write it from the start. It would be perfect if I had the formulas to change the values and order as I need.

Divatox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-07-18 00:44:29 »
Just be careful, because if you change small things in the AI the game will be bugged or crash. I'm still waiting sum update version of Ifrit to go back in my mod.

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-07-18 03:08:08 »
Just be careful, because if you change small things in the AI the game will be bugged or crash. I'm still waiting sum update version of Ifrit to go back in my mod.
yeah i having that sort of issue even with no AI changes and only some magic swaps...
tried restoring orig files for those enemies/bosses but i seem to still have issues.... maybe i've messed something up in cactilio i guess though...

Divatox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-07-18 07:01:38 »
yeah i having that sort of issue even with no AI changes and only some magic swaps...
tried restoring orig files for those enemies/bosses but i seem to still have issues.... maybe i've messed something up in cactilio i guess though...

Indeed i was changing some basics things like the number of targets that some magic would hit, and the visual game was a mess, strange colors, enemies missing, or crashed battles  =/
i wanted so badly that Ifrit work fine, but its ok

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-07-18 21:58:41 »
Indeed i was changing some basics things like the number of targets that some magic would hit, and the visual game was a mess, strange colors, enemies missing, or crashed battles  =/
i wanted so badly that Ifrit work fine, but its ok
I suppose its still a new program that needs more patches to work the way we want then, still some bugs to fix but its in the right way.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-07-19 02:03:24 »
When using the AI editor, typically the glitches will occur when modifying enemies that appear in formations with other different types of enemies (although not always). On their own, these enemies will generally be fine and behave as expected but it's better to err on the side of caution and leave AI modifications until everything else has been changed and a back-up has been made of the file.

Typically what I do is, I make all the non-AI changes and then I place the enemy file into a folder called 'pre-AI'; then I make the AI changes and test it out. If it works, great. If not, then I have a back-up to revert to.

JWP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2018-07-19 18:09:49 »
Heh, I really need to get around to fixing it but the whole AI section really needs a rewrite =/.

Divatox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2018-07-20 16:17:18 »
Because of that (before i lost all my work with a damaged HD Ç_Ç) i was using ifrit, doomtrain and cactilio to changes stats, magic and attack powers from the enemies to make a hard mod, the Sorceress MOD.
When all enemies have stats changed to a little hard, bosses more powerfull and the sorceress boss are the true challenge, i had catastrophe magic with ultima animation too XD
Maybe soon i start all over again, i really wanted to use the AI to make littles stuffs with magic combos nothing complex. but i will keep the waiting untill the Ifrit become perfect *_*

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2018-07-25 12:05:26 »
Because of that (before i lost all my work with a damaged HD Ç_Ç) i was using ifrit, doomtrain and cactilio to changes stats, magic and attack powers from the enemies to make a hard mod, the Sorceress MOD.
When all enemies have stats changed to a little hard, bosses more powerfull and the sorceress boss are the true challenge, i had catastrophe magic with ultima animation too XD
Maybe soon i start all over again, i really wanted to use the AI to make littles stuffs with magic combos nothing complex. but i will keep the waiting untill the Ifrit become perfect *_*
It would be my dream to be able to perform my own AI, I had like tons of ideas to make it more fun and challenging... Maybe better luck in the future I guess.