Author Topic: Crash when I press any button  (Read 3822 times)

Carnage11388

• View Profile
Crash when I press any button
« on: 2016-12-26 22:45:01 »
Hello, I followed the tutorial to the letter, as far as I can tell and am having some issues. First, the OpenGL Driver Configurations keeps changing, specifically, I have to keep turning the music back on and the internal size X and Y, as they keep reverting to blank. Also, side note, I can't seem to get the game to be Full Screen even though I have it set for that in the game launcher and configs, and the option in the tutorial for full screen, below the internal size, is not there for me.

Secondly, when I started the game yesterday, no mods were applied, so today, I reinstalled everything, and just to be extra sure, I put the Game Converter and 7th Heaven both into the folder with the Games exe, to keep everything together. Now, when I start up the game, if I press NOTHING, it plays the opening credits just fine, but if I press any button, (both with the keyboard and a gamepad), it gets this crash every time:

---------------------------
Error
Oops! Something very bad happened
Wrote crash.dmp to FF7 install dir.
Please provide a copy of it along with APP.LOG when reporting this error.
Write emergency save to save/crash.ff7?
Yes   No   

I will give all the info I can. I have all the mods from the catalog mod page, (from using just the URL in the tutorial), minus Field Textures part 1, (tried it yesterday, decided to go with the smaller part 2 today), and the Gameplay difficulty and story mod, (had it yesterday but no options I'm interested in are in it, so no reason to use),

I use Windows 10, desktop PC, am using the Steam version of the game, and I followed every step in the tutorial in order. I'm not sure what logs you need, but this is the App.log:

http://pastebin.com/CxGg3TZ0

Little help as soon as you have the time to look this over please?

« Last Edit: 2016-12-27 05:52:43 by Carnage11388 »

Carnage11388

• View Profile
Re: Crash when I press any button
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-28 01:47:01 »
Bump, any help from anyone? I've reinstalled and tried many ways, I'm just not sure what is going wrong. This isn't the first game I've modded, just the first Final Fantasy

Carnage11388

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-28 06:22:17 »
Ok, so I completely re installed the game and did the tutorial step by step again, this time with my firewall off, (just in case), and it is now working!! I don't have Reunion or the Menu/Avatar thing, and am afraid if I try adding them, I could mess it up again. Now the only problem is, it's not full screen, and nothing I'm choosing changes that. I'll play around with it though.

WhiteShadow11

• You are free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-12-28 09:39:35 »
Hello,

Modify the ff7_opengl.cfg manually you should be able to get fullscreen. The line should be 'fullscreen = on'
You can also try running the 7thHeaven with admin, it should change the values of ff7_opengl.cfg

Carnage11388

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-12-31 02:49:45 »
Thank you for helping. I used your suggestions, but they didn't work. If I launch in window, it launches fine now, mods working, etc... but if I change the fullscreen to on with your method, it TRIES to launch full screen, screen goes black, then poof, nothing, it's gone

Carnage11388

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-12-31 03:16:17 »
Ok, now got the fullscreen working, had to run the game converter again with my firewall off, but now the last thing I can't figure out, my sound. I have it set to VGM, I checked, and just, no sound whatsoever

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2016-12-31 04:14:56 »
Go to your game folder and check the root\music\vgmstream folder. If there aren't any .ogg music files in it, then the GC did not work properly, and they are still in the root\data\music_ogg folder. You can also check this file move in the FF7_GC.log, along with the status of everything the GC does.

Carnage11388

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-12-31 04:35:53 »
Yea, I ran the GC again and this time it worked :) Thank you for this awesome mod manager. Especially since I see you've helped with support for years now, and most people would have stopped by now. Hopefully the remake will be moddable too, and revamp modders interest :)