Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 596645 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Team Avalanche's 2D Overhaul
« Reply #1275 on: 2009-09-05 20:36:05 »
sometimes we keep on quoting each other and its like a HUGE purple box for just to put one statement, lol. :-P

A huge purple box just like you made :-P

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: 2009-09-05 20:36:20 »
sl1982, do you have any screenies that the rest of us would be interested in?

Not really, but there a a few new vids up for people if they havnt seen them

Ah, those bolt3 and fire3 spells looked good 8-)

BTW, I think people need to trim their quotes :wink:
Too lazy, lol.  :-P

Whats that?
I think he means when we quote each other, to shorten it because sometimes we keep on quoting each other and its like a HUGE purple box for just to put one statement, lol. :-P
Ahh that makes sense  :-P

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: 2009-09-05 20:45:53 »
Well, when I download your patch.bat file, there is no option that says "Save As". I don't think Vista has that option (since I'm using Vista-64 bit). Just shows an option of what program to open it with.

well what internet browser are you using? a setting may have been changed at some point (or even just installed a bit off, as things tend to do in vista per my experience... vista is full of holes), so check your browser's options and see if you can set everything to the default, or can easily see anything that would prevent saving. having vista doesn't make things very easy to begin with, i will be with xp until they make another half decent OS that doesn't crash more than ffvii pc before the modders got to it  :roll:.

and sl1982, are you doing all of the magic in acquisition order (i.e. the fire/ice/bolt/cure magics, then whichever materia comes next in line), or just at random? it may be easier to just go through the tex files alphabetically rather than chronological game order, because that way you don't accidentally skip a spell or so  :lol:. then again, if you are keeping track of all the magic you do, and what is needed, either way works  :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-09-05 20:49:34 by secondadvent »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: 2009-09-05 20:49:39 »
Just go into windows explorer and look at the patch.bat if it says batch file for type you are good. If it says text u need to go into folder options and uncheck hide known extensions. and then delete the .txt from it

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 2009-09-05 20:52:02 »
Well, when I download your patch.bat file, there is no option that says "Save As". I don't think Vista has that option (since I'm using Vista-64 bit). Just shows an option of what program to open it with.
well what internet browser are you using?

I must second this question :-D

Firefox has right click > save link as, and I think that Internet Explorer has the same

(or even just installed a bit off, as things tend to do in vista per my experience... vista is full of holes), so check your browser's options and see if you can set everything to the default, or can easily see anything that would prevent saving. having vista doesn't make things very easy to begin with, i will be with xp until they make another half decent OS that doesn't crash more than ffvii pc before the modders got to it  :roll:.

Pfft, the only problem I've had with Vista is the UAC (mind you, that's a big problem :roll:)

Vista isn't nearly as bad as the people that don't use Vista say it is :wink:

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: 2009-09-05 20:57:36 »
i have had vista for a year or two, and i hated every second of it (not to mention that ffvii would not work on it, no matter what i tried, and emulation didn't work all that well either, and that is what i spend a lot of my computer time doing   :|), not to mention the very weird bugs i went through, and that i prefer not to talk about  :x. evil vista... and i disabled that uac within five minutes of having it  8-).

aaronlite

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: 2009-09-05 20:58:08 »
I am on a dif computer right now, but I will dl those files later on today. Thanks for posting that.

Anyone have any background in the default resolution ripped I can try editing? I will try to figure out the programs better soon... >_<

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 2009-09-05 21:06:03 »
What kind of backgrounds do you want out of the game the ones in battle or on the field or on the map

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 2009-09-05 21:09:27 »
i have had vista for a year or two, and i hated every second of it (not to mention that ffvii would not work on it, no matter what i tried, and emulation didn't work all that well either, and that is what i spend a lot of my computer time doing   :|), not to mention the very weird bugs i went through, and that i prefer not to talk about  :x. evil vista... and i disabled that uac within five minutes of having it  8-).

I often wonder whether there are two different Vistas. Not different editions, but completely different OSs called Windows Vista; one of them has annoying UAC but generally works as well as XP does and is perfectly capable to running FF7, the other can't run anything and crashes every three seconds :lol:

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 2009-09-05 21:10:28 »
The version of Vista that works is actually XP  :-D

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: 2009-09-05 21:12:00 »
Windows Vista isn't that bad, I've had it for a while and never had any problems  :-)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: 2009-09-05 21:12:13 »
The version of Vista that works is actually XP  :-D

Then there's something wrong with my XP; it keeps calling itself Vista and looks just like it :-o

Windows Vista isn't that bad, I've had it for a while and never had any problems  :-)

This is what I was talking about :-D

We have the first Vista that I described, secondadvent and DragonNinja used the other one :wink:

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 2009-09-05 21:13:01 »
Im running vista 64 and ff7 runs perfectly fine on mine :-D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: 2009-09-05 21:18:33 »
stay on topic people, this thread has nothing to do with operating systems

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1289 on: 2009-09-05 21:20:00 »
But they are trying to help me... Since I have this Vista and cannot get this mod to work.
Anyways, I got it to work thanks to sl1982 with the folder options thing. I ran it (ADMIN) but this happened...

Don't know if you can see it well, but that's what I got.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: 2009-09-05 21:22:40 »

Sorry But timu are you going to draw or redo the map i seen you say something about it in the world texture thread just wondering if the map would be in this mod

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 2009-09-05 21:29:22 »
Sorry But timu are you going to draw or redo the map i seen you say something about it in the world texture thread just wondering if the map would be in this mod

i'm not sure if I'll repaint the gorund texture, as pyro has gotten some good results, i'd like to modify thema  bit, make them less noisy, (just a bit, they do need noise) and change the colors a fair bit, but as to it being in this project, we'll see. I'd consider that close to a 3d upgrade (we dont really improve 3d textures, other than magic effects). We'll see where the project goes in the future

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: 2009-09-05 21:33:14 »
Ok well i wasn't talking about the world textures i was referring to the little mini map that you bring up to see where the towns and continents are the one pyrozen found had the names written on them and a free extra places that is not there on the original game

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 2009-09-05 21:42:50 »
oh, yea i dont have the image, if someone were so kind as to supply it to me i'll gladly make an upgrade

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 2009-09-05 21:43:30 »
Anyways, I got it to work thanks to sl1982 with the folder options thing. I ran it (ADMIN) but this happened...
Don't know if you can see it well, but that's what I got.

it looks like it is trying to look for everything in the windows\system32 directory instead of your C:\GUI directory, try doing this in command prompt:

cd "C:\GUI"

then press enter and type:

patch.bat

and hit enter again and see if that works, this is assuming that it is on the C drive and in a folder named GUI, it is hard to see in your pic  :roll:

aaronlite

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: 2009-09-05 21:56:07 »
Hmm, probably field. I could try a battle background too though.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 2009-09-06 00:23:48 »
Ok I've made a video Tutorial of how to install this mod, hopefully it will help anyone thats having problems

Link to Part 1 Here and Part 2 Here

These are the files you'll need

Download This modified patch.bat

Then Download Aali's Lgp Tools

Then Re-download the GUI Beta 7

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 2009-09-06 00:28:59 »
Wow i didnt think it was so complex as to require a video tutorial

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 2009-09-06 00:32:34 »
Wow i didnt think it was so complex as to require a video tutorial

Neither did I, but I don't have a problem installing it, so I can't really comment...

Sometimes its better to 'see' how to do it, rather than follow instructions in text...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 2009-09-06 03:23:53 »
@drfeelgud88

Could Not Find C:\Windows\System32\magic\magic.lgp

Okay...it's not finding a magic.lgp... or lgp.exe or unlgp.exe according to that screenshot...(which is a screenshot and not a copy/paste)

Did you put lgptools and all three necessary lgp files in the folder so it can patch them? Because it doesn't look like it.