Author Topic: SOLVED: mt corel rail drop movie doesn't load..  (Read 2989 times)

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
SOLVED: mt corel rail drop movie doesn't load..
« on: 2011-09-01 06:44:40 »
Hi. I have just installed most of the mods i wanted for my ff7 game and i was in the mt corel area for the first time on the railroad were the rails break and you fall.i had decided to use the fmv replacement for movies from grimmy. So i edited the rgistry in order to do so. But the problem was that when i fall the video wouldn't load. After that i decided to set the path to the original again until i pass those rails but when i changed it back it still wouldn't recognize it even though the movie file exists inside the ff7 disc. what has happened?? Also i use the AC cloud model (which if i recall well it isn't illegal that's why i'm mentioning it). Maybe the model can't work well with this particular place of the game that's why it skips it. Any opinions on what happened and how i could fix it???

here's an image of the error
« Last Edit: 2012-01-16 12:59:52 by Bosola »

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
Re: mt corel rail drop movie doesn't load..
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-05 19:31:54 »
Hi kicker,

can't see your image.

Export the following registry key and post it (don't forget the # button) :

Windows 32 bit :   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.
Windows 64 bit :   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
Re: mt corel rail drop movie doesn't load..
« Reply #2 on: 2011-09-06 06:26:22 »
i actually fixed it yesterday in a strange way. i never really understood what had happened to it. I copied the whole folder of ff7 to my desktop and re-installed the game. then i overwrote the folder again and ta-da. :) It had to do something with me changing the registry of the root folder that it read the movies. Anyhow thnx for the reply UGerstl but you can consider it finished :) If someone can lock this post though..