Author Topic: [Solved] Snowboard crash  (Read 4091 times)

jinrok

• View Profile
[Solved] Snowboard crash
« on: 2012-06-24 00:44:50 »
[I just found a save pack on a french website just after the snowboard & submarine game. so i've skip the bug, not really solved]

Hello there, sorry that's me one time again...

I've search on the forum and find a similar problem but there wasn't any solution. (Pittbratt were answered: it was a translation bug in the LGP)

Here is my error:

Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
ERROR: failed to find file snowboard/ea_k.TEX (LGP) (path: C:\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\Data\minigame)
ERROR: offset error: ea_k.TEX
ERROR: could not open file ea_k.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE ea_k.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE ea_k.tim
ERROR: unhandled exception

I've try to take the original files from my installation CD (real CD, not cracked or copy)  and try to rename the snowboard-us.lgp in "snowboard.lgp" or "snowboard-fr.lgp"
I've try to don't apply the translation and let the game in english.  but it didn't work.

Could you help me? i can't progress in the game, and i think i'm gonna encounter the same problem with the submarine minigame.
(Didn't encounteur any problem with the motorbike)

Thank you so much for help.
Have a nice day
« Last Edit: 2012-06-25 09:19:13 by jinrok »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: Snowboard crash
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-24 01:37:46 »
Thanks for the input.
I identified the differing file names.
The upcoming Bootleg 0039 will correctly rename the textures for the Fort Condor, Snowboarding and Submarine minigames.
This should correctly convert international versions to use the US FF7.exe thereby allowing them to use all of the mods.
Now I just need to French and Italian text from the FF7.exe file.

jinrok

• View Profile
Re: Snowboard crash
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-24 09:52:20 »
how can i give them to you?(for french version)

Does somebody can give me the originals  minigames US files from the CD game?  cause i've try few things for make it work, but it doesn't.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-24 17:43:28 by jinrok »