Author Topic: FF7 - Where do I find the "Magic Counter" materia?  (Read 60779 times)

Red_Wraith

• View Profile
I read that one should get it at the Chocobo Race in Gold Saucer. I've won already 42 races, that means 33 races in the S-Class. But still I haven't got the "Magic Counter" materia.

Do I have to win even more races, or to do something different to get the materia?

Cya

DarkestDream

• View Profile
FF7 - Where do I find the "Magic Counter" materia?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-13 01:24:41 »
it must be above 40 races to get that materia

Chaotic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-13 05:14:37 »
Try http://www.gamefaqs.com/ they have faqs and board for all games. Dif you want ff7 or ff8, go on the playstation section, it's better then the pc one

Tifa Lockheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-13 12:18:08 »
Go to the Battle Arena. Build up your battle points, then buy it with them....at least I think it's there. Or, you could just buy it from one of the towns...I think it's mideel, but I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-13 15:27:38 »
Nope, Tifa, it in Chocobo Races in Gold Saucer, i got one once.

after 40 races of win, then Magic counter will appear, Magic Counter will be in one of those boxes, and you have to win it to get it

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-03-14 08:02:05 »
Or, you could just get the one in the Northern Crater.

Tifa Lockheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-03-14 11:59:57 »
There's one in the Northern Crater? Where?

Red_Wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-03-14 14:42:42 »
Okay, thanks. Are there even more prizes after the 40th win? If yes, when?

Chaoitc, I looked into some FAQs but didn't find more accurate information than "win it at the chocobo race" there.

Cya

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-03-14 16:20:09 »
Quote from: Terence Fergusson

uhhhh, i play FF7 about 20 times and i know Magic Counter only appeared in Chocobo Race. only materia i know in Crater is Shield and Mega-All

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-03-15 01:07:26 »
Quote from: DarkestDream
Quote from: Terence Fergusson

uhhhh, i play FF7 about 20 times and i know Magic Counter only appeared in Chocobo Race. only materia i know in Crater is Shield and Mega-All

No, there is a Magic Counter in the Northern Crater. It's located somewhere around deep in the crater.... I do remember picking it up there.

EDIT - You can refer to Gamefaqs if you want to know where the materia is... I haven't played FF7 for a year or so already..

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-03-15 04:01:20 »
magic counter can definitely be found in the Norther crater but I can't remember where

Red_Wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-03-15 19:06:06 »
I know there is a "Counter" materia somewhere in the North Crater, but I don't know if there is also a "Magic Counter".

Cya

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-03-16 04:15:41 »
Quote from: Red_Wraith
I know there is a "Counter" materia somewhere in the North Crater, but I don't know if there is also a "Magic Counter".

Cya

that what i thought, i think those guys mean Counter, not Magic Counter, that Counter Materia is in the Crater, not Magic Counter

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-03-16 11:36:35 »
No, we mean Magic Counter.  In the Northern Crater.

Perhaps on your 21st playthrough you should search it more carefully.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-03-16 13:50:55 »
then i will check it out later

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #15 on: 2005-03-17 01:43:08 »
Silly mortals.
Terence Fergusson isn’t wrong.
Remember that.

L. Spiro

CKtalon

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffrc.cjb.net
« Reply #16 on: 2005-03-18 00:37:34 »
The materia in North Crater is Counter
The materia u win at the Chocobo Races is Magic Counter
Either u win it by hitting the correct 'bid' all after winning Teioh(the black chocobo) a few times and Esther will give u lots of prizes which includes it..

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-03-18 00:53:23 »
There are both Counter and Magic Counter in the Northern Crater. It's located at the area where there's bright light coming out from the floor (I think?) deep in the crater .. heck I even missed it when I played FF7 for the first two times... but yes... I have to agree with L.Spiro, Terrence Ferguson isn't wrong.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-03-18 01:52:05 »
Quote from: atzn
There are both It's located at the area where there's bright light coming out from the floor (I think?) deep in the crater ..

You must be talking about Lifestream, there is no location name for that location, i already checked the menu, it said nothing, just "????" but in some faqs. they call it "Place of the Gathering"

Tifa Lockheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005-03-18 15:46:53 »
I think I read somewhere that it was called the Mako Stream.......makes sense I suppose, providing we're all on about the same stream.....glowing light thing......

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-03-18 22:12:29 »
Quote from: Tifa Lockheart
I think I read somewhere that it was called the Mako Stream.......makes sense I suppose, providing we're all on about the same stream.....glowing light thing......

Mako Energy is Lifestream. Mirgar use a Mako Reactor to sucks the Lifestream and convert it into Mako Energy. If you see Red 13's grandfather and Barret talking about it, you will know what it is.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #21 on: 2005-03-19 04:49:27 »
its the stuff inside glow sticks ^^

Tifa Lockheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005-03-19 11:50:00 »
Quote from: DarkestDream

Mako Energy is Lifestream. Mirgar use a Mako Reactor to sucks the Lifestream and convert it into Mako Energy. If you see Red 13's grandfather and Barret talking about it, you will know what it is.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. I did pay attention to all the fine details too you know. My point was that was just what I'd read it was called. I never said they were two different things. That's all, sorry.

hartellage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-03-23 07:18:34 »
In the northern crater in the room just before gathering together to fight the final battles, (a circular room with a glow in the middle) there is a counter materia, and it is magic counter, it just says counter

RekoSaint

Re: FF7 - Where do I find the "Magic Counter" materia?
« Reply #24 on: 2010-03-02 23:52:44 »
OK I will clarify this subjest since there seems to be alot of confusion about the "Magic Counter" Materia. It seems that the group is leaning towards the posted reply from "Fergusson" which is incorrect. Rather, he IS correct about the materia "Counter" located in the Crater on DIsc 3. However, this materia that he is referring to is not "Magic Counter". Let me explain...

In FFVII there are THREE types of countering materia, one of which is the pink "Counter Attack" rather easy to get.

Now the others are "Counter" and "Magic Counter"...

The matiera "Counter" IS located in the crater as pointed out by Fergusson and a few others however is NOT the same as the "Magic Counter" because A) Magic Counter pairs with a Green or MAGIC materia or a Red; SUMMON Materia. The other Materia "Counter" is paired with a Yellow COMMAND materia.

Now, the locations. "Counter" is in fact in the crater, but "Magic Counter" is not. You must get the "Magic Counter" Materia by winning it as an item in Chocobo racing at Gold Saucer. It is not one of the gifts that Esther gives you, basiclly you HAVE TO WIN IT. I know I'm a newb on the site but I can assure you this information is correct. Sorry to bring back an old post but it was never really clarified.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-03 00:31:59 by RekoSaint »