Author Topic: Game Converter Error: No registry key found, please reinstall FF7  (Read 5223 times)

Astralogic

• View Profile
Hi, after running the game converter (I have the steam version of FF7) I get two new shortcuts on my desktop. However when I try to run them I get an error saying "No registry key found. Please reinstall the game".

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Edit: The config file gives that error. Running the game itself it asks for either disc 1, 2, or 3, after displaying the above mentioned error.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-11 16:49:04 by Astralogic »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I just ran the GC v10b on a fresh Steam install, and I don't get the same errors. Find the FF7_GC.log file in your game folder and post it here. Please surround it with the [ code] [ /code] tags.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Before using FF7 Game Converter you need a volume labeled "FF7DISC1", "FF7DISC2" or "FF7DISC3" (for the Re- or Steam-Release it is enough to relabel a USB stick)

Have you done this?

Kompass63

• View Profile
Hi, after running the game converter (I have the steam version of FF7) I get two new shortcuts on my desktop. However when I try to run them I get an error saying "No registry key found. Please reinstall the game".

I've fixed the error with the Icons. Please use GC_0.11.

Astralogic

• View Profile
Yes that fixed it, it works perfectly now!