Author Topic: General Question  (Read 3789 times)

hOORST1

General Question
« on: 2007-04-01 22:25:08 »
Hello there,

I have just discovered your site, tried to read as much as possible, but do now have a question. Are you making an Emulator? An emulator just for FF-VII? Well therefor I could kiss you ;) [Couse I'm a great fan of Final Fantasy VII. Have got PSX and PC Version. And have Windows only for this great game] But otherwise, will it be only an emulator, or will it go deeper? Detailed graphic, new quests (MAYBE playing Sephiroth :)) etc etc?

Sincerely Yours,
hOORST

Brynet

Re: General Question
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-02 00:29:38 »
It's apparently NOT an emulator.. They won't be emulating the Sony Playstation..

From my understanding.. They are making a portable "Engine" compatible with the datafiles/resources on the Final Fantasy Sony Playstation CD-ROM.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-02 01:19:30 »
Read this article first, then read this article next, they should answer all of your questions.

hOORST1

« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-02 07:32:12 »
Hi there again,

thanks for the reply. I didn't want to blame the project with calling it "emulator" but always reading about "'Engine'", wasn't that kinda helpful. Cause I've no experience with programming, it was simply the first idea, of how PSX FFVII could be played.
Also thanks for the links, I've already read them but somehow missed the meaning^^

Have a fine day,
hOORST

PS: Guess I've got to test it by myself ;)