Author Topic: [WIP] FF7 Menu Reconstruction Mod (SPANISH Release)  (Read 6829 times)

apio

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Credits
Original mod (linked below):
DLPB
Kranmer

Others:
AlbusJC for submitting his language files
K. Megura for his faq (linked below)
NFITC1 for Wallmarket, it's certainly making the work a lot easier

Hi, this is my first post.
Personally, I use a FF7 english version with spanish flevel.lgp so I can test stuff with no problems

I know there's a "1.03a" spanish exe but since it was not as polished as the DLPB, Kranmer & Co one. I googled and found a file with orignal japenese names for everything and their translations so I decided to do the work by my own.

[REL]Menu Reconstruction Mod 004
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10604.0

What I used as guide
http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/textfiles/ff7import1.txt
http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/textfiles/ff7import2.txt

So I installed this mod and translated almost 100% of the exe through Hex edition and then 80%-90% of the kernel files using WallMarket.

It was working (almost) fine until a few days ago because it now crashes after battles no matter what.

Maybe i made some mistakes but now I also realize that wallmarket seem to corrupt kernel files maybe because I saved it once and once again during testing. Sometimes when loaded files again a few characters were missing from names and descriptions and even a variable were corrupted.

NOW, I will try to dump someway the work I've made so far and apply it again to the original Menu reconstruction mod files so this time I'll know where the problem is.

I made this thread looking for any tip the comunity can spare, suggestions are well received obviously and, last but not least, because I need someone teach me how to rearrange elements at the menues Example:

Greetings and keep moding
« Last Edit: 2011-03-31 07:11:18 by apio »

DLPB

• No life
  • For I realized that God's a young man, too.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] FF7 Menu Reconstruction Mod (SPANISH Release)
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-31 05:57:39 »
Since most of this work is a 1:1 copy of mine and kranmer's work, I hope you have credited us both sufficiently.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-31 05:59:44 by DLPB »

apio

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-31 07:04:44 »
of course, you made an awesome work
« Last Edit: 2011-03-31 17:03:09 by apio »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-31 20:49:09 »
cheers :)  The next release won't help you though unless you plan on using the font and updating it...  lot of work.  But at least 004 is real good with the original font and size.

apio

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-01 20:23:46 »
Meanwhile, I have 2 questions about your mod

1. What did you change in the kernel? just "next level" from the status menu or something else?
2. Can you explain me how do I find and rearrange numeric variables ie: level number, exp points, stats

Because in the materia menu I have no enought room for a few words (ie: Luck=Suerte) and there are also stat values aligned in the ability list row.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-01 20:50:24 »
Meanwhile, I have 2 questions about your mod

1. What did you change in the kernel? just "next level" from the status menu or something else?

See the readme, I think was just next level

2. Can you explain me how do I find and rearrange numeric variables ie: level number, exp points, stats

Because in the materia menu I have no enought room for a few words (ie: Luck=Suerte) and there are also stat values aligned in the ability list row.

The best way is to use cheat engine, an application and tell it to search for a particular value, if u use first scan and next scan you can minimise the values down to a few, and then you can use some of its tools to locate the correct areas.  Ask kranmer, if he is not busy, I have too much to do.  At a later time I may upload the values we found, but it is all over the place, so u may have issues finding what you need.

95% of the stuff in FF7 is a simple hex change.

AlbusJC

• Crazy poster
  • If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-06 18:20:11 »
great job apio! I really want to help you but I don't know anything about hex changes yet. If you need someone to test this before the release, I can do it. It's the only thing I can do. thanks in advance for your effort  :-)

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-09 09:13:05 »
also yes, as far as I remember I only changed next level to Next level

apio

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-11 05:20:02 »
Sadly I'm issues with my current graphic card and even my unmoded version ramdomly crashes. AlbusJC, pm me your msn so you can test what I have done until now. And then upload a stable alpha release

saludos!