Author Topic: .OGG looping help?  (Read 1437 times)

seijuro

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
.OGG looping help?
« on: 2016-02-08 15:35:44 »
Hey I have a few new of BitSymphony's remixed FF7 tracks and need some help making a looping OGG. His songs sound great and would love to implement them, however I'm having a really hard time looping them correctly.

Does anyone have any free time to lend a hand?

Here's his new playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMuzFojU54xbsu24a_cnWziu0qR7_HJR2

midgarsfinest

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: .OGG looping help?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-06 20:21:26 »
Seijuro,

I know it has been a while since your OP, but I replaced every .ogg file in FF7 (Steam Version) with versions of each song that I enjoyed the most. I created these files by first downloading the soundtrack (with the creator's permission mind you), opening them up in a program called Audacity, then with a few tutorials, I learned how to create a loop begin and end segment. With a little musical knowledge, and a good ear, you can make the loop transition seamless. The trickiest part for me was learning how to convert and export the file as an .OGG file (you have to type in the Loop start and end times). I cannot find the video tutorial I watched on making .OGG with  Audacity, but I am sure there are plenty of them available. Please remember to rename the files identical to the original .OGG (i.e mako.ogg), or the game will not recognize the file. I have a few of the .OGG files I created if you want to punch them in to the game and get an idea of the results. Just let me know. Good luck.

Edit: Here is a link to when I had just begun working on creating and adding the .ogg's. Forgive the poor video capture. It was a cheap laptop, not capable of keeping up with the mods. https://www.facebook.com/100008279956860/videos/1672380979714551/
« Last Edit: 2016-06-06 21:36:53 by midgarsfinest »