Author Topic: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)  (Read 203517 times)

Trunks

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)
« Reply #275 on: 2019-08-30 15:11:04 »
Hi, I want to ask one thing: why is not possible to change amarant with blank, eiko with marcus and quina with cinna? which is the meaning of "display as ...", if it doesn't make anything?

edale

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)
« Reply #276 on: Today at 03:44:34 »
Feature request:
Friendly Monster encounters (Steam version).

Don't even need the ability to edit them just to see which we've encountered, and which we haven't.

I found this info on a different forum, not sure if this will help you find the bits to edit or not:
The data is stored in your save files, which is usually in your "Documents/Square Enix/Final Fantasy IX" folder (it's not the game's folder). It's a .sav file.

But it's not very easy to grasp that information...
The file is compressed. Once uncompressed, it's a Json file with different fields. The field "gEventGlobal" is a snapshot of the different important variables (those that are saved in save files at least). "gEventGlobal" consists of 2048 bytes. The Friendly Monster flags are the 194th byte.

The Summon flags are the 207th byte, so if you know where it is (through "on the fly" RAM viewer, like CheatEngine), the Friendly Monster flags are a bit before that.

I would be you, I would try to find the others first. 100% certainty is hardly a thing unfortunatly ^^'
On my game, my save is a .dat file, and I don't know how to uncompress it to json form to try and check manually...
« Last Edit: Today at 08:40:52 by edale »