Author Topic: Accepting applications for people to edit the Wiki  (Read 6212 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • No life
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
The Wiki is Hiring  <--- (Link to wiki)

Hi there, friendly neighborhood moderator here.
I because I've been deluged with requests for wiki access, and because it seems to be a popular thing. I've decided to open applications for people who want access. You do need to have to qualify first.

1) You must be an active part of the community. I usually go by post count, but that isn't a steadfast rule. People who haven't used their account for over a year or those who just signed up need to show a little effort to know your peers and just hang out. Keep in mind, I went away for a four year hiatus and came back. You can too!

2) You must have contributed to the community. Have you cracked some file format that's been bugging us for the last decade? Cool! Have you told us about some strange new thing about how Final fantasy Engines work? Awesome! Have you made a program that helps edit/improve/understand/modify the engines? That's great! I need your skill to tell us how it works. If you a whiner who can't find that AC mod for your own use and wonder why we don't talk about things like that here, sorry. Try again.

That's pretty much it. If you want access just post below what you have done to contribute and I'll go and verify it when I'm not being a lazy bastard busy with my hectic schedule. If I think you are good contributor and not the type of person to go pee all over my Wiki, I'll let you in.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-08 00:05:02 by Obesebear »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • No life
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
You should put the file reconstruction project in there somewhere.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I haven't MADE anything per se, or discovered anything, but I put together a tutorial for FF7Music. That counts, right?

Then again, clear, concise, accurate, and up-to-date writing is exactly what some of the pages on the wiki need.

sithlord48

• No life
  • Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
i think most important for the wiki is people who can take info from us sloppy hackers and put that info in to an hume understandable format.. that way we can do our hacking and give them the info to put up, or if we put it up then we can at least have them make sense of what we put up, in terms of edits for grammer or layout to make it more readable so people. and it seams like the people working on projects tend to get pretty involved w/ em so having someone to just send my info to who has the time to update the wiki is also a plus. i do think all the people w/ wiki access should be somewhat a bit more incontact with each other so the wiki can progress more as a whole. maybe a sub forum w/ suggestestion of edits to the wiki open to all might help us get corrects and edits changed quickly too.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
  • No life
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
If you a whiner who can't find that AC mod for your own use and wonder why we don't talk about things like that here, sorry. Try again.

13:22 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: hi guys can u give me vincen model for ff7 rip from Durge of Cerbreruss???????
13:23 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: help plz guys plz
13:24 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: guyz help plz!!!!!!
13.25 {Proper forum member} wrote: No, because that would mean circulating copyrighted material.
13:25 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: wher are vincen mods???!!!!
13:26 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: ok so can u put it up 4 downlod????
13:27 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: guys plz help!!!!!!!!!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • No life
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
If you a whiner who can't find that AC mod for your own use and wonder why we don't talk about things like that here, sorry. Try again.

13:22 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: hi guys can u give me vincen model for ff7 rip from Durge of Cerbreruss???????
13:23 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: help plz guys plz
13:24 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: guyz help plz!!!!!!
13.25 {Proper forum member} wrote: No, because that would mean circulating copyrighted material.
13:25 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: wher are vincen mods???!!!!
13:26 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: ok so can u put it up 4 downlod????
13:27 xXxVINCENTFORVERxXx wrote: guys plz help!!!!!!!!!

Aggravating isn't it?

NFITC1

• No life
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
i think most important for the wiki is people who can take info from us sloppy hackers and put that info in to an hume understandable format..

Are you calling us inhuman? (or, non-hume if you mean in the FFXII sense)

titeguy3

• No life
  • A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
non-hume if you mean in the FFXII sense

[facepalm]

sithlord48

• No life
  • Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
i think most important for the wiki is people who can take info from us sloppy hackers and put that info in to an hume understandable format..

Are you calling us inhuman? (or, non-hume if you mean in the FFXII sense)

no were not inhuman , just unhuman :)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • No life
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Applications are closed for now. If you need access, PM me.