Author Topic: [FF8PC - Steam] New Threat Mod (v0.3)  (Read 6582 times)

Goth

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: [FF8PC - Steam] New Threat Mod (v0.3)
« Reply #50 on: 2019-07-04 10:09:13 »
Limits have had the RNG removed from their check, meaning that milling turns will no longer have an effect. If a Limit does not proc when the character's ATB gauge fills, it means they cannot get a Limit until the battle conditions change (HP is lost, status is inflicted). This works both ways, and means that if a Limit does proc it will be available even if you swap control to another character and back again.
This has probably got to be one of if not the most important feature to prevent endless Limit spamming
Yes, it's one of the most important feature IMHO.
To be fair, spamming the circle button waiting for Renzo was part of the fun back in the days, especially when playing with a friend and trying to beat a hard boss or Omega, it was a fun (unforeseen) mechanic, it created tension.
But when replaying the game we want balance, and I've always thought of this feature as one of the most important or at least the first step towards a better balance of the Limits, so it's good to finally see it implemented.

Sega Chief

• No life
  • These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2019-07-04 13:03:33 »
Hey there, just wondering if the % on squalls hit was reverted back to 255 or if I've managed to somehow mess up the install? Everything else is working as intended from the looks of it though.

I reverted it because the game seems to ignore the hit% and the attack will always land regardless.

Eliscia

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2019-07-05 17:24:33 »
I reverted it because the game seems to ignore the hit% and the attack will always land regardless.

Thanks!

Topken

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2019-07-09 18:57:23 »
Glad to see you working on New Threat for FF8 as I love the one for FF7