Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)  (Read 307982 times)

ToraCarol

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)
« Reply #1525 on: 2019-05-21 10:44:38 »
Thanks for the help Tirlititi, it works!

ps: while we're in argument of "battle trance model"...there is, so, a way to let temporary characters use trance mode, right?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-21 15:15:42 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2019-05-21 15:59:58 »
@Incinerator: I don't think that splines are imported correctly!
Triangularize the mesh before importing it. I think splines are not supported because there is none in the non-modded game and I didn't know how to handle them. If someone is expert in Unity serialized 3D models, he could explain how to handle splines.

There is no hard-coded polygon limit so I guess the problem doesn't come from there. There is no reason for the engine to discard big models if they are valid.

@ToraCarol: Yes, that's the main point of my previous message.

ToraCarol

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2019-05-21 17:48:42 »
@ToraCarol: Yes, that's the main point of my previous message.

Okay, great! I'll check closer the post later  ;)

ToraCarol

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2019-05-22 00:26:32 »
Sorry I have another little problem, tomorrow I try to check again but if someone can help me for now, I'll be glad. So on Burmecia I'm in the "Zorn and Thorn event", but I don't know why for some reason it's freezing at the start, when Zidane comes in the Region for the event. I've tried to set the VAR_GlobBool_247=0 because if I don't put the variable in it freezing anyway, and if set to 1 Freya keeps walking randomly for some reason, but..it seems to not work. Have I to set "if" or something on the loop? I really don't understand :| The only thing I know is that before to put the variable the script worked! So it may be the reason..i'm not sure.

I'm sorry if i'm coming with silly problems like this but...sometimes I don't really know how to come through x"D

Ok guys, I've checked and solved...thank you anyway!!! 8)

I also want to say sorry for my oversight, yesterday I was on my phone and I haven't seen that TheHobgoblin asked about the temporary character-trance thing..and Tirlititi explained very well. So I'm very sorry for having asked a so obvious question.  :oops:

Just a thing, it's necessary to use DnSpy? And if so, where I have to go exactly? (I didn't used DnSpy so much, the only time I've used it was just for change the font  :roll:)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 13:35:42 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2019-05-22 15:56:26 »
Yes, it is necessary to use dnSpy (or mod the source code using Memoria, but that's C# all the same).

When I write about editing C# code (or CIL code), I write about classes and method with the format "class::method". That means that you need to find the class in the list shown by dnSpy and then find the method inside that class. Namely, the classes of interest here are "btl_init" and "BattlePlayerCharacter".

ToraCarol

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 2019-05-22 21:01:54 »

I'm so so sorry to bother you again but this time I seriously don't know where's the problem. So in the end of the Zorn and Thorn loop, when Zidane move is enabled again, it looks like Freya doesn't want to follow him and stay in her place...so..why? I've tried everything but I guess i'm missing something..

Anyway when I change from one field to another, everything it's ok, so this just happen at the end on the loop, before to leave the field!

UPDATE: Another thing, on Memoria I want to make appear on the Field the first character of the Party, to control instead of Zidane..so I've tried to entry a new character for test, set InitObject (251) (TeamCharacter 1),  but it doesn't seem to work..Zidane still appears? Why?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 16:54:56 by ToraCarol »

ToraCarol

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: Yesterday at 16:56:00 »
I'm really sorry if I bother...now I'm trying to solve by myself the Burmecia thing..I think I can solve somehow...

Still no Idea about Memoria..can someone help? :(
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 17:12:44 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

• Crazy poster
  • I’d rather have 1 real friend than a thousand fake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: Yesterday at 18:41:20 »
@Incinerator: I don't think that splines are imported correctly!
Triangularize the mesh before importing it. I think splines are not supported because there is none in the non-modded game and I didn't know how to handle them. If someone is expert in Unity serialized 3D models, he could explain how to handle splines.

I figured this may have been it!.
I've become triangulating the mesh, will need re-working, as I see spline are really not supported. I'm also researching the use of splines in Unity serialized models.

Tirlititi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: Today at 15:26:03 »
@ToraCarol: It's not really possible to do that because not all the characters have the correct animations (like opening a chest or climbing a ladder).
"InitObject( 251 )" works only if there are script functions for the character. For instance, if Eiko is the first character, then the script must have a "Eiko_Init" function attached to Eiko's entry for "InitObject( 251 )" to work.
You can see in the "Edit Entries" window that there is always an entry for the player characters. It's just that they usually don't have any function linked to them.

In order for the player to control a character, it's something different: you need to use "DefinePlayerCharacter()" in the entry that you want the player to take control of (usually, it's in the "Init" function but it can be in another function if, for instance, the control is not given as soon as the characters are placed).

You don't bother me; it's just that I stopped modding so I don't answer right away anymore.

ToraCarol

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: Today at 16:12:42 »
@ToraCarol: It's not really possible to do that because not all the characters have the correct animations (like opening a chest or climbing a ladder).
"InitObject( 251 )" works only if there are script functions for the character. For instance, if Eiko is the first character, then the script must have a "Eiko_Init" function attached to Eiko's entry for "InitObject( 251 )" to work.
You can see in the "Edit Entries" window that there is always an entry for the player characters. It's just that they usually don't have any function linked to them.

In order for the player to control a character, it's something different: you need to use "DefinePlayerCharacter()" in the entry that you want the player to take control of (usually, it's in the "Init" function but it can be in another function if, for instance, the control is not given as soon as the characters are placed).

You don't bother me; it's just that I stopped modding so I don't answer right away anymore.

Mhmhmh..maybe I'm missing something. So what I actually did for a test it was to "InitBlank", so I created this Init for him and then I've tried to put on the Main Init the "InitObject (251)"  ???
But it doesn't work anyway.. I've also added the  "DefinePlayerCharacter()"  thing.

I had to mention this before, forgive me!

Anyway, I was thinking about memoria because is the place where it needs less animation (like Hiza and stuff that are in common with all the characters, almost). And since is the last part of the game I thought it would be nice to create something like this!

And don't worry, you've been very helpful and I appreciate it! I want to say thank you for the help you gave me, also Incinerator too! Without you I guess this Mod (even if is not perfect) would never have been created!