Author Topic: [PC] Text editor - touphScript (v1.4.0)  (Read 156337 times)

usb

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Text editor - touphScript (v1.4.0)
« Reply #425 on: 2020-04-21 11:22:07 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are inspired from Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8-bom, named Chars.txt and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/D4SkFSN1 (this is vanilla chars table)
Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8, named touphScript.ini and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/XQ7UAHbd

Put both file where is touphScript.exe

In touphScript.ini the part under:
# Override common spacing values
#override window.bin  - spacing table
are disabled (the values are from my italian reunion port and not vanilla game, don't know what appen in vanilla game so better leave disabled... to enable delete #)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 09:58:30 by usb »

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2020-04-21 13:43:02 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are form Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8-bom, named Chars.txt and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/D4SkFSN1 (this is vanilla chars table)
Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8, named touphScript.ini and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/XQ7UAHbd

are disabled (the values are from reunion and not vanilla game, to enable delete #)

I've tried with this solution. Something changed, but still it doesn't work.
This is the log now:
Code: [Select]
Registry values found:SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Error creating spacing table
Cannot read / error reading flevel
Couldn't dump world_us: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump scene: converting to scene failed, basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump kernel: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump kernel2: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump exe: basic_ios::clear: iostream error

The problem seems to be a missing spacing table. I've tried re-enabling the one under #override window.bin - spacing table, but it doesn't work and says:

FF7.exe not found, using spacing values in config file.

And that's probably because I'm trying to use it on the 7H FF7.exe while the string, as you said, is thought for use with Reunion.
Well, I actually don't know, I'm just guessing.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 13:49:19 by Khrone »

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2020-04-21 19:13:19 »
I've tried with this solution. Something changed, but still it doesn't work.
This is the log now:
Error creating spacing table
Couldn't dump world_us: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump scene: converting to scene failed, basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump kernel: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump kernel2: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump exe: basic_ios::clear: iostream error

The problem seems to be a missing spacing table. I've tried re-enabling the one under #override window.bin - spacing table, but it doesn't work and says:

FF7.exe not found, using spacing values in config file.

And that's probably because I'm trying to use it on the 7H FF7.exe while the string, as you said, is thought for use with Reunion.
Well, I actually don't know, I'm just guessing.

never tried 7th exe but try in #Override paths to write the full path of every files, like
flevel = C:\Users\touphScript 1.4\flevel.lgp
and so on for the other

if you don't want to dump text from a specific file in # Dump Text set it to 0

basic_ios::clear: iostream error     

in my test they appear when it's missing the file (dump enabled but not path set)

don't use override spacing
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 19:20:41 by usb »

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2020-04-21 20:35:47 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are form Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

are disabled (the values are from reunion and not vanilla game, don't know what appen in vanilla game... to enable delete #)

Before, thanks for helping, really appreciate :)

With your tips now dump and encode work good. thanks again ;)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 10:05:11 by Loki_ »

Spellshade

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2020-04-28 04:25:06 »
Is there updated documentation for this tool?

I am looking to edit in-game dialogue, but touphScript doesn't seem to accept different line counts.
I know it's possible because Beacause does it, but...

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2020-05-04 10:00:44 »
Is there updated documentation for this tool?

I am looking to edit in-game dialogue, but touphScript doesn't seem to accept different line counts.
I know it's possible because Beacause does it, but...

touphScript doesn't accept different line counts. If you want to add new text you need to use makou reactor to add new text entries (and change field script)

AwesomeHairo

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2020-07-24 21:36:21 »
Hi. Can anyone walk me through, step by step, on how to rename Spell names (and maybe Monster names)?

I want to rename some things from the Reunion's New Translation, namely Poison Null (Poisona) and Status Null (Esuna). If I can rename them, I'd be happy.

When I open the .exe, I'm not sure what else to do other than type 'd' and press Enter, in which case it doesn't do anything.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2020-07-24 23:15:43 »
Hi. Can anyone walk me through, step by step, on how to rename Spell names (and maybe Monster names)?

I want to rename some things from the Reunion's New Translation, namely Poison Null (Poisona) and Status Null (Esuna). If I can rename them, I'd be happy.

When I open the .exe, I'm not sure what else to do other than type 'd' and press Enter, in which case it doesn't do anything.
I think spell names are stored in the kernel.  You'll need the kernel editor to do that.

AwesomeHairo

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2020-07-30 02:16:22 »
I think spell names are stored in the kernel.  You'll need the kernel editor to do that.

Thanks. Now I want to be able to rename item names that come out from treasure chests. I'm guessing those come from the flevel.lgp file, and editing kernel.bin doesn't update the flevel.

Harleyquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2020-09-15 02:35:08 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are inspired from Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

are disabled (the values are from my italian reunion port and not vanilla game, don't know what appen in vanilla game so better leave disabled... to enable delete #)
Thank you very much for that, I was not sure what to do because version 1.4.0 did not have any readme. This was a great help, as I am trying to port a Portuguese translation to 7th Heaven and I needed to extract the text files.