Author Topic: [Request] FF7 MIDI music  (Read 4784 times)

sorinash95

• View Profile
[Request] FF7 MIDI music
« on: 2011-11-16 18:54:51 »
Hello.

As you can see I'm new in this forum. I did all the effort of registering to this site just to request something...
Can somebody please upload the MIDI version of the soundtracks of FF7? I mean all of them. The reason I'm asking this is because... I like 'em, cuz I played all the game listening to this version of the soundtracks and I like it more than all the other "improved" or mp3 versions. Now don't hate me just because I like this old and crappy version of the ost's :D This is how I played FF7 unfortunately. I didn't even know there was a better version for the music.
In case you wonder if I searched for them someplace else first- yes I did, spent like 3-4 hours searching, till I found a post on this forum of a dude named jeffdamann who said in his post that his ost's of ff7 have flaws. I listened to the video he uploaded with the flawed ost's on youtube and guess what- they sounded the same as mine! D:

So I'm asking again: Please somebody give me the MIDI version of the ost's of FF7 like jeff's ost's. It's pointless to ask me to change my tastes and just switch to the higher quality version of the ost's, I won't do it :D I just love my version too much (that's why I searched several hours for them, duhh :D).

sithlord48

• No life
  • Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [Request] FF7 MIDI music
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-16 19:25:38 »
its very easy to get them from you pc copy.. after you have installed it look in the <ff7 install dir>/data/midi/ you will see several .lgp files. you can then use aali's lgp/unlgp tools you can get them from Here install the tools. and then hit window+R to open a run dialog. and run 'cmd' in then use

Code: [Select]
cd <ff7install_dir>/data/midi/
unlgp midi.lgp

that will unlgp your midi files and you can then get the extracted files from the <ff7install_data>/data/midi/
« Last Edit: 2012-11-06 13:38:31 by sithlord48 »

Tekkie.X

• Freak
  • Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-17 05:03:23 »
(that's why I searched several hours for them, duhh :D).

Somehow, I doubt that, 10 seconds in Google produces the original MIDI files.

sorinash95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-17 07:50:26 »
@sithlord48
OMFG IT WORKED!!! thanks a million man  ;D
They sound exactly as in the game!!!

@DragonNinja
Indeed I found some midi's on the internet but they sounded different and weren't even full songs. That was the best thing I could find unfortunately.

I'm so happy right now, I can at last listen to my fav ost's. Thanks for the quick answer again sithlord48  ;)

Gabriel535667

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-21 21:55:14 »
Can someone upload de PS1/PSX Version of the OST's, cause i didn't like the pc version :/

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • No life
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-11-21 23:06:34 »
Download the minimal installer of Covarr's FF7Music.

Gabriel535667

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-11-26 23:12:05 »
Dou you have the download link or the thread? I'm trying to find it but can't find :/

PitBrat

• No life
  • Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-11-26 23:52:37 »

ff7music_install_15112.exe                      Covarr          FinalFanTim tracks looped as OGG & PSF  Qhimm FILE

Gabriel535667

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-11-27 00:12:28 »
Thank you so very much PitBrat o////