Author Topic: [SOLVED] Cannot Install Final Fantasy VII PC on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  (Read 6931 times)

benzilla

Hello, I am having trouble trying to install Final Fantasy VII PC on my computer. I have the original game with all 4 isos at 2.2GB and I use Daemon Tools lite 4.45 as my main virtual drive but what keeps happening is when I mount the installer iso it works fine the screen with the Midgar background picture, prelude theme with 4 options comes up and I click install, the page disappears and the mouse pointer shows loading and after 5 seconds nothing at all appears, when I try to run ff7inst.exe as admin the same thing happens but I know the installer is there because under Task Manager on Processes the setup*32.exe is there. Could somebody please reply if they know what has happened or how to solve it please.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-22 20:34:49 by benzilla »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I remember someone figuring out that an open application can cause this issue. Unfortunately, I can't remember WHAT application, but I think it was a web browser. Try closing Chrome and/or Firefox, and see if that helps.

Barring that, I know the install goes just fine in safe mode.

benzilla

Closing chrome made it work thanks :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
No problem!

I'm gonna go ahead and and move this thread to Frequently Asked Questions, since this one seems to come up every few weeks or so.

barbour31

What? Chrome really causes this problem? I register here to take about the same problem. didn't notice this here til I went to ask it. Thanks for the info. Will be back if it still doesn't install.

EDIT: I be darned. Soon as I closed chrome 80+ windows opened from trying multiple times to install it. Thanks again for the heads up.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-04 15:57:45 by barbour31 »