Author Topic: [FF8PC-2000/Steam] Roses and Wine (W07)  (Read 499635 times)

Replicators

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Roses and Wine (for FF8)
« Reply #200 on: 2013-12-19 21:04:01 »
I am currently building a 1080p FMV pack for final fantasy 8, and i'd like to know how you made the exe installer for roses and wine, because i would like a similar system for the videos. Also, these videos are in .bik and compatible with both the steam and original, problem with original is it would have to be injected in files. Is it possible for a exe to be made which allows you to choose original version or steam version and if choose the original version it can rename the files to be whats in the ff8 archives and then injected to them?

I am not good at making installers, and i am asking you cause obviously you do. If anything i can just give you link to the files and you make installer for them?

For a preview, if you have RAD tools you can view a example video here.

P.S. I was gonna PM you but you don't allow them, but i will understand if you don't want to do it.

DLPB

• No life
  • The ascension of the ordinary man
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2013-12-19 21:18:29 »
I don't have time to help you with it, but look for inno and see some online tutorials :)  It's fairly simple.

Replicators

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2013-12-19 21:24:35 »
I don't have time to help you with it, but look for inno and see some online tutorials :)  It's fairly simple.

Thank you for the suggestions and replying.

Lita

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2013-12-20 16:30:58 »
I'm having a little issue with applying the mod with HexT,
When I install the mod using the steam version, and apply the dll with FF8Launcher as the game tells me to do, it says Final Fantasy 8 is not Detected, FF8 Roses & Wine will now exit. :(

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2013-12-20 16:33:47 »
You shouldn't be applying this mod with hext. See the readme.  The 2013 version uses the launcher, and 2000 version uses aalis driver with config.  You need to give me far more information than you have done as well.  I need to know what language your game is, and what year it is from.  Did you run the installer from this forum?
« Last Edit: 2013-12-20 16:35:34 by DLPB »

Lita

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2013-12-21 17:08:18 »
I'm using the 2013 Steam version, installed the Roses & Wine mod pretty much as it's said to do here, but still got the poor music released with the steam version. I go the RaW torrent and downloaded it, was an exe file which prompted the setup of course, didn't see a readme there.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2013-12-21 17:57:22 »
One of the pages of the setup has a readme. You may have thought it was a license agreement and skipped past it.

Again, what language version are you using? The Steam release came in a few different languages.

Lita

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2013-12-21 18:37:51 »
One of the pages of the setup has a readme. You may have thought it was a license agreement and skipped past it.

Again, what language version are you using? The Steam release came in a few different languages.

Using the English one.

TinySarabia

• Fast newbie
  • “Daddy!” - Sephiroth on Vincent Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2013-12-22 06:55:13 »
Hi DLPB. I don't know what I did wrong but after I installed the steam version, I downloaded the latest RaW and the separate updated .dll. I installed RaW and then pasted the .dll in the root directory. Started the game but no sound on the intro credits. Entrance music video seems to be fine. Also no sound when Squall and Quistis first walk out of the infirmary so I quit the game and uninstalled and installed again RaW. I also tried the ingame menu everyone has been talking about, but when I press F1, nothing is appearing. This is frustrating because almost everyone in the steam community seem to get this working. I played without RaW but the sound was horrible so I turned to your mod. Now no sound seems to be coming out. :(
« Last Edit: 2013-12-22 07:33:45 by TinySarabia »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2013-12-22 07:29:22 »
Use that steam feature to recover all files to where they should be and rerun the latest installer (from this thread).  Then place latest raw over it.  Also make sure you read the readme on the license page of the installer.  I have no clue what you have done and there's no way to know from what you have told me.  Basically get ff8 back to its default file structure and rerun the installer.

The F1 menu will not work with Steam in full screen mode, and in window mode will still be behind the window, so you'll have to move it.  In steam version, forget using F1 menu basically.  You don't need it anyway.  If you need to set the volume, find the file it installed called vol=100 and change it to something like Vol=80.

As the installer makes clear, use run as admin, and disable antivirus software before using the installer.

TinySarabia

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2013-12-22 07:34:14 »
UPDATE: I made it work by just installing the original psf. Are there problems when you tick "ALL"?

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2013-12-22 08:14:09 »
UPDATE: I made it work by just installing the original psf. Are there problems when you tick "ALL"?

You mean OST?  Original OST should be automatically ticked in the latest installer.  As for ticking all, again the readme explains those options.  The musics will be added in place of the originals.

TinySarabia

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2013-12-22 15:27:47 »
You mean OST?  Original OST should be automatically ticked in the latest installer.  As for ticking all, again the readme explains those options.  The musics will be added in place of the originals.

yes the OST. BG is playing fine when I reinstalled with just the OST.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2013-12-23 09:24:34 »
Retro Edge [rendelkezik ezzel: FINAL FANTASY VIII] 10 órája
Anyone here have a OCH (one click hoster) link? We have 2013, i dont use torrents anymore, whats wrong with the uploader?

We've done 99% of the work for you. Get off your arse and get a torrent client. I am not sure how you mean the above post, but it sounds very inconsiderate.  Uploading a file as large as this one is not a good idea, because it will quickly become unavailable after being downloaded so many times.
« Last Edit: 2013-12-23 12:04:28 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2013-12-23 16:00:41 »
The only major, proven host where it'd stand a chance is Mediafire, and it's too big to host on Mediafire.

On the other hand, it might do well at modding and gaming specific sites, such as GameFront and FileTrip.

Dragmire

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2014-01-02 11:24:33 »
Hi. Thanks so much for the amazing job.
I have a problem: RaW only seems to work with the EN exe (2013 steam multi language ver.), i'm from Spain so i want to play the game in spanish, but the music doesn't play at all, only the sound effects (i've also tried with the other languages, and it happens the same). I don't have any problems when i play the game in english. What can i do?
Kind regards.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2014-01-02 13:02:16 »
Hi. Thanks so much for the amazing job.
I have a problem: RaW only seems to work with the EN exe (2013 steam multi language ver.), i'm from Spain so i want to play the game in spanish, but the music doesn't play at all, only the sound effects (i've also tried with the other languages, and it happens the same). I don't have any problems when i play the game in english. What can i do?
Kind regards.

It does work with other languages.   :)

eXistenZe

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2014-01-11 21:19:28 »
Does this work with the new version of aali driver?

Best regards,
xz

ashiun

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2014-01-12 05:37:02 »
Hello friends, there seems to be a problem with some of the files (I haven't gotten out of Balamb Garden yet, but the Balamb Garden OST is playing normally for ~40 seconds then freezing and looping the same 1 second cut of the audio file over and over again. If I spam the pause button sometimes it resolves itself, but at other times the playing speed gets all jumpy.
Edit: Okay track no.27 "Fear" has done the same thing. The continuous loops of the same second of the audio file.

It sounds like a very long series of stuttering, just like how it would sound if your computer froze and an audio file is stuttering and looping the same sound for a long time.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-12 09:34:04 by ashiun »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2014-01-12 12:31:24 »
This doesn't happen to me or anyone else.  And that's a problem. It could be your audio drivers, or sound card.  Can you upload a sound file, or better yet, get me a video?

ashiun

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2014-01-12 22:23:04 »
Never mind, I have isolated and fixed the problem. It was indeed the audio driver provided by corsair, they made a special beta driver to fix the problem.
Bit of an odd problem it is, as the looping issue only happened in one case out of all my games/programs/music. Guess it doesn't particularly like the RaW mod for FF8 :p

Darkside007

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2014-01-22 16:26:46 »
W03b is Here

After installing, replace existing raw.dll with this one Here

HISTORY

W03b 13.Dec.2013
Tweaks and fixes to the installer.
F1 menu fixed.
Loss of focus bug fixed.
Covarr fixes to FF8_Launcher.

This is finalized.  Any other bugs should be corrected in the Raw.dll that will be uploaded separately if needs be.

Special thanks to Covarr for his dll loader for Steam version.

I registered account for this one purpose:

Thanks for doing this.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2014-01-22 19:31:13 »
You are welcome!

Nightmare799

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2014-01-22 19:37:54 »
Best mod ever. Seriosly, you are awesome for creating this.

SilverSpades

• Fast newbie
  • Love the FF games. Not the fanbase.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2014-01-26 04:00:19 »
[deleted post]

Nvm
« Last Edit: 2014-01-26 19:09:20 by Silver_Spades »