Author Topic: [FF7PC] Remako HD Graphics Mod (AI enhanced field backgrounds) - release thread  (Read 4654 times)

Dark_Ansem

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
I'm absolutely impressed.

Eresus

• View Profile
I've been playing the game with Remako installed to see how the upscaled backgrounds would look in-game, and I have to say, while some backgrounds may not look as good as they could, most of them look very very cool, especially surfaces made out of metal or wood, those are jaw-dropping.

I wanted to mention that I don't know if this is just me, or if it is a problem that you are already aware of, but some effects are not displayed correctly, like the waterfall in Aerith's house, god rays in North Corel, the lifestream fountain in mount Nibel or the fires in the fire cavern in Wutai, just to name a few.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It truly looks amazing.

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
This is the most exciting work in years! - Is there any chance you could release a PNG version? I have extensively modded FF7 using Bootleg and I don't want to lose all the work that went into it by fresh installing with 7th Heaven. I know that the file sizes are probably pretty large, but I can't enjoy this gem without direct access to the PNG's. I may not be the only person whose uncomfortable making the switch to 7th Heaven and a PNG release would be so appreciated, I can't even express it with words. Even if it had to be a multi-part download that would be fantastic! Either way, thank you for this work, it is incredible!

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Okay Captain, I see that you uploaded all the images to drive as JPEGs. I downloaded them all, but I can't do anything with them on my Bootleg install since my field folder contains all PNG's that need that strange cut up image format with different naming for each folder and image. Is there any work around for using this amazing mod with bootleg? Also are the JPEGs you posted to drive of lesser quality than the background images in your mod? All 3,500+ images that I downloaded off your drive only take up approximately 750MB and your .iro file for the mod is almost 4 Gigs. I have some competence with modding games, but I need some tips from you or anyone else on how to maybe get this working with bootlegs file format.   

CaptRobau

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I've been playing the game with Remako installed to see how the upscaled backgrounds would look in-game, and I have to say, while some backgrounds may not look as good as they could, most of them look very very cool, especially surfaces made out of metal or wood, those are jaw-dropping.

I wanted to mention that I don't know if this is just me, or if it is a problem that you are already aware of, but some effects are not displayed correctly, like the waterfall in Aerith's house, god rays in North Corel, the lifestream fountain in mount Nibel or the fires in the fire cavern in Wutai, just to name a few.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It truly looks amazing.

Glad you like it. Thanks for mentioning the effects bugs. I'll run by them myself and see what is the matter.

Okay Captain, I see that you uploaded all the images to drive as JPEGs. I downloaded them all, but I can't do anything with them on my Bootleg install since my field folder contains all PNG's that need that strange cut up image format with different naming for each folder and image. Is there any work around for using this amazing mod with bootleg? Also are the JPEGs you posted to drive of lesser quality than the background images in your mod? All 3,500+ images that I downloaded off your drive only take up approximately 750MB and your .iro file for the mod is almost 4 Gigs. I have some competence with modding games, but I need some tips from you or anyone else on how to maybe get this working with bootlegs file format.   

I'm not familiar with how Bootleg does things, but you can use 7th Heaven to unpack iro files. Those contain all the raw png image files, which you could then load up in Bootleg (if I understand correctly what you want). You don't need to use 7th heaven for any mod managing, just for unpacking the iro files as it is a feature of that program as well.

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Glad you like it. Thanks for mentioning the effects bugs. I'll run by them myself and see what is the matter.

I'm not familiar with how Bootleg does things, but you can use 7th Heaven to unpack iro files. Those contain all the raw png image files, which you could then load up in Bootleg (if I understand correctly what you want). You don't need to use 7th heaven for any mod managing, just for unpacking the iro files as it is a feature of that program as well.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I didn't know you could use 7th Heaven just to unpack the iro without having it touch your game files. After unpacking with 7th Heaven it's easily usable with Bootleg. Thanks so much!