Author Topic: FICEDULA.DLL  (Read 4397 times)

nyny1010

• View Profile
FICEDULA.DLL
« on: 2013-03-01 00:59:11 »
Cant find a ficedula.dll that works on a 64-bit computer.. are there any out there?

Lazy Bastard

• Insane poster
  • I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Re: FICEDULA.DLL
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-18 19:18:08 »
He may not have written the DLL to force 32-bit (in fact, he likely didn't given the time when he developed it), so your 64-bit OS is trying 64-bit mode and crashing. Try using CorFlags.exe, from Microsoft, and setting the DLL to run in 32-bit forced mode.

In case you don't want to go download the entire .NET Framework SDK and dig around for CorFlags.exe, I've included it with my mirror of hotdog963al's MNU-TIMjector, along with instructions as to how to use it (and a short batch script to do so automatically). Just tailor these for whatever app you're using ficedula.dll with, apply the fix to that executable, and run it. Here: GameHacking.org PSX Utils

If you're trying to write your own software that will utilize ficedula.dll, and you don't want users to have to bother with CorFlags.exe, you could probably add a modified version of the batch script I included to your software package, and have it run during installation or setup...or just tell the users to run it, as I did.

Hope that helps...

NFITC1

• No life
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-18 20:02:08 »
What OS are you using that doesn't auto-switch to 32bit mode?

Lazy Bastard

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-18 21:02:44 »
What OS are you using that doesn't auto-switch to 32bit mode?

Any of the Windows 64-bit OS's will attempt to run executables in 64-bit mode first. If the OS isn't gracefully told that the app failed to run in 64-bit mode (ie, if the app crashed instead of throwing the expected error message), the OS never tries 32-bit mode. This is the case with MagickNet.dll, the DLL used in MNU-TIMjector, for example.

NFITC1

• No life
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-18 21:10:39 »
Any of the Windows 64-bit OS's will attempt to run executables in 64-bit mode first. If the OS isn't gracefully told that the app failed to run in 64-bit mode (ie, if the app crashed instead of throwing the expected error message), the OS never tries 32-bit mode. This is the case with MagickNet.dll, the DLL used in MNU-TIMjector, for example.

... That's not the way it works on my 64-bit win7. WM and PrC are targeted for x86 processors (32-bit), yet they work just fine on 64-bit machines. Maybe this is actually the explicit setting. I had always thought it was "flag as 64-bit if it must be 64-bit and the absence of that flag means 32-bit".

Lazy Bastard

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-18 21:16:39 »
... That's not the way it works on my 64-bit win7. WM and PrC are targeted for x86 processors (32-bit), yet they work just fine on 64-bit machines. Maybe this is actually the explicit setting. I had always thought it was "flag as 64-bit if it must be 64-bit and the absence of that flag means 32-bit".

Actually, I neglected to be more specific; if an app is not explicitly set to use either 32 or 64-bit mode, but was not written to handle 64-bit mode, the above will occur.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-18 21:57:27 »
I have used ficedula.dll on my 64-bit computer without issue, at least in ff7music.

Rundas

• Freak
  • What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-18 21:58:20 »
^ As have I.

Lazy Bastard

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-18 22:01:39 »
Ah. Then, this may not be a case of the same issue as MNU-TIMjector.