Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.7.2)  (Read 263411 times)

Jairus

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.7.2)
« Reply #800 on: 2020-01-31 20:18:29 »
How do you switch between cameras in a field? The field I'm working with has two - the original one and a second one that I added for a different view. But I don't know how to tell the game to switch from one camera to the other. I can't find anything under the "Fades and Camera" options in the dropdown for adding stuff to scripts, but maybe I'm missing something.

Also, when doing a map jump back to a normal field from one of the blackbg fields, the game's timing seems messed up because the game doesn't play certain scenes when it should after such a jump. For example, I have a jump set from the Sector 7 pillar base to a blackbg screen (for a mod I'm working on) before you enter Sector 7 for the first time. Going in normally, everything works fine - the trio running in, Barret scaring the patrons out, that sort of thing. But when I try it after jumping back from the blackbg screen, the scene doesn't play. The trio's gone, Barret's just standing there, and Johhny's mom also just stands there and doesn't go into her house like she should. How do I fix this?

DLPB

• No life
  • The ascension of the ordinary man
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2020-01-31 22:31:17 »
This isn't a question for this thread.  Open a new one.

Jairus

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2020-01-31 23:18:52 »
I asked it here because it's about Makou Reactor as that's the tool I'm using. So why wouldn't it be appropriate here?

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2020-02-01 00:00:51 »
You're not asking about the tool or problems the tool has.  You're asking about scripting problems and YOUR ability to code.  That isn't for the author of a tool to answer you on.  Take it to another thread.  It's not nice to use a tool thread as a general help-me thread. Moreover, there are a ton of examples in field code to do what you need without pestering the author.  How do I know?  I didn't need to.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-01 00:02:24 by DLPB »

myst6re

• Freak
  • Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #804 on: 2020-02-01 00:10:55 »
That's fine Dan.

@Jairus I think the forum you're looking for is "Troubleshooting"

For multiple cameras, I don't remember why it is possible to have two cameras. Search for fields who actually uses this, if there are, the answer is there.

Jairus

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2020-02-01 00:50:12 »
I've tried that. There's nothing that stands out as controlling the cameras that I could see. And many fields that have two cameras use the exact same values in both cameras.

DLPB, you don't have to be rude. When someone has a question regarding a program and there's a thread about that program, that's naturally going to be the first place a person looks and asks. You might try taking some lessons in basic civility and politeness. It's no wonder you have like 2/3 of the board blocked, according to Sega Chief. The scripting is in regards to Makou Reactor because that's what I'm doing it in and any answer would have to relate to the program and how to use it to get done what I'm trying to do. You might try actually helping people for once instead of blowing them off.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2020-02-01 01:17:45 »
I wasn't being rude.  Your response to me telling you your comment was off topic was.  Had you put it in the right area, I'd have helped.  The problem is your self entitlement gets in the way. And this is also off topic. I should have just ignored your post, but it's incredibly annoying when people seek general support from the tool creator.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-01 01:20:31 by DLPB »

Jairus

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2020-02-01 02:09:29 »
No, you were rude. You could have phrased your reply in a less confrontational and abrupt way. The question specifically related to solving a problem within Makou Reactor, the specific tool, which is why I asked it here. If it was something not related to MR, I wouldn't have asked it here.