Author Topic: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)  (Read 204091 times)

Trunks

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)
« Reply #275 on: 2019-08-30 15:11:04 »
Hi, I want to ask one thing: why is not possible to change amarant with blank, eiko with marcus and quina with cinna? which is the meaning of "display as ...", if it doesn't make anything?

edale

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2019-09-15 03:44:34 »
Feature request:
Friendly Monster encounters (Steam version).

Don't even need the ability to edit them just to see which we've encountered, and which we haven't.

I found this info on a different forum, not sure if this will help you find the bits to edit or not:
The data is stored in your save files, which is usually in your "Documents/Square Enix/Final Fantasy IX" folder (it's not the game's folder). It's a .sav file.

But it's not very easy to grasp that information...
The file is compressed. Once uncompressed, it's a Json file with different fields. The field "gEventGlobal" is a snapshot of the different important variables (those that are saved in save files at least). "gEventGlobal" consists of 2048 bytes. The Friendly Monster flags are the 194th byte.

The Summon flags are the 207th byte, so if you know where it is (through "on the fly" RAM viewer, like CheatEngine), the Friendly Monster flags are a bit before that.

I would be you, I would try to find the others first. 100% certainty is hardly a thing unfortunatly ^^'
On my game, my save is a .dat file, and I don't know how to uncompress it to json form to try and check manually...
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 08:40:52 by edale »

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #277 on: 2019-09-15 19:27:05 »
Hi, I want to ask one thing: why is not possible to change amarant with blank, eiko with marcus and quina with cinna? which is the meaning of "display as ...", if it doesn't make anything?

There were plans to make them changeable, ie actually make Quina -> Cinna, but I never found the data for it. As a placeholder I had the "display as..." which does exactly what it says. The thing is that these characters share the same slots, the same data, within the saves.

@edable Hopefully, someday, I can actually work on this again. It's not that I don't want to, but I work all week 8+ hours a day with programming, so the 1st thing I do when I'm off work is not more programming haha. But I do the occasional update. </excuse>

edale

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2019-09-15 19:39:53 »
@edable Hopefully, someday, I can actually work on this again. It's not that I don't want to, but I work all week 8+ hours a day with programming, so the 1st thing I do when I'm off work is not more programming haha. But I do the occasional update. </excuse>
Oh, no worries; personal lives come before personal projects. ;) I'm still gonna be trying to figure something out myself though, as my current playthrough's at kinda a standstill until I find what one I'm missing...

Do you know how I can decrypt the .dat file to it's .json form? There was a steam version save decrypter earlier in the thread, but it didn't exactly give me .json formatted results... Just getting it to json form should be enough for me to find the info I need, given the info in the quote I posted.
https://mega.nz/#!jJRyySjB!gXlvRpc3NMy9tgVhguNxtdxiLrifUwYSqy5MfB5VmkI
That's a zip with both my save file and what the decrypter gave me.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 21:47:40 by edale »

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #279 on: 2019-09-15 22:03:15 »
You can export/import decrypted formats with memoria too. As exactly how it's done, or if the data is compressed as well, I have to take a look.

Edit: That is, you get the same decrypted file as the one you linked too by right clicking a save and export it.

edale

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2019-09-15 23:04:25 »
You can export/import decrypted formats with memoria too. As exactly how it's done, or if the data is compressed as well, I have to take a look.

Edit: That is, you get the same decrypted file as the one you linked too by right clicking a save and export it.
That... doesn't look like json to me.... and that online json editor you linked to a few pasts back agrees...

Crap.

Guess it's time for a second run of an hour at each location the friendly monsters show up at, only to have none of them show up, and Yan tell me I need to find the others....

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #281 on: 2019-09-16 00:12:17 »
No it's not json in those files. I just specified that you can extract the decrypted file directly from memoria. I know they use json format somewhere in the process, if I'm not mistaken, but, as I said, I'll have to look into it.

Trunks

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2019-09-16 13:59:55 »
There were plans to make them changeable, ie actually make Quina -> Cinna, but I never found the data for it. As a placeholder I had the "display as..." which does exactly what it says. The thing is that these characters share the same slots, the same data, within the saves.

so, there is no solution, right? too bad...