Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)  (Read 253116 times)

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
  • Hate is a weak emotion.
    • View Profile
    • FF9:FF:EMR:TZA
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)
« Reply #1325 on: 2018-07-12 16:16:43 »
Guys I want to disable the menu button when I'm using Cid Frog... it's possible?

You know I noticed this myself. The menu is enabled whilst controlling as Cid_Frog before the red light green light mini game.
Wasn’t like that in psx as far as I know.
Never the matter a simple fix.

CrazynNova

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2018-07-12 23:47:37 »
I really hate to make an example of myself but I'm having some serious difficulties trying to work out how to load files into this tool

I have both the steam and physical copy of the game. I have tried loading the .bin files from the steam version (p0data12 for example) all of which produce the unhandled exception error message. With the PSX version, I am even more lost. There is a "raw cd image" file on the disk. How the hell is that loaded in?

I'm sorry to be a pain

Tirlititi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 2018-07-13 09:17:03 »
Steam version: you must load the FF9_Launcher.exe file.
PSX version: you must rip your CD to an ISO file (there are tools for that on the internet). The output must be a .bin file, not .img.

ToraCarol

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 2018-07-13 13:05:25 »
Hi Tirlititi  :) Have you checked my latest question? You think you can help somehow?

You know I noticed this myself. The menu is enabled whilst controlling as Cid_Frog before the red light green light mini game.
Wasn’t like that in psx as far as I know.
Never the matter a simple fix.

I know right..

Tirlititi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2018-07-13 13:44:15 »
I've not checked, it's strange to me... Who is in the party when you open the menu?
Anyway, there can be 2 reasons for that:
- It was already there in the PSX version,
- There is a special check in the engine's source code that prevents the effect of "DisableMenu" in that field at that point, which is likely to be a mistake.

I am very confident that the Field Scripts themselves are exactly the same in the PSX and Steam versions, and that's the thing usually dealing with menu enabling/disabling (unless the engine oversteps it).

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 2018-07-13 19:39:19 »
- There is a special check in the engine's source code that prevents the effect of "DisableMenu" in that field at that point, which is likely to be a mistake.

I'm going to assume it's this.
Like other engine mistakes, such as being able to land the invincible airship on world map bushes.

brucy

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 2018-07-14 07:12:21 »
well fortunately be able to land in more places is a good thing , infact i am really interested in make the invinicible able to land anywere :D

KekeMcGee

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 2018-07-16 04:07:54 »
Is model importing still broken? or am I doing things wrong?

I've tried importing proper versions of ASCII FBX & Binary FBX, but they either crash the game, or fail to load the scene.

Tirlititi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2018-07-16 09:02:42 »
Yes, it's still broken. I don't know what program you use for creating your FBX files, but you *should* be able to import accessory models.
The character models are a mess... I don't know what fails and why and I gave it up, at least temporarily.
Also, I didn't test replacing only the animations in the latest version, but it was working pretty nicely last time... so you may also do that if I'm not mistaken.

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 2018-07-16 09:10:10 »
Is model importing still broken? or am I doing things wrong?

I've tried importing proper versions of ASCII FBX & Binary FBX, but they either crash the game, or fail to load the scene.

Yes, it's still broken. I don't know what program you use for creating your FBX files, but you *should* be able to import accessory models.
The character models are a mess... I don't know what fails and why and I gave it up, at least temporarily.
Also, I didn't test replacing only the animations in the latest version, but it was working pretty nicely last time... so you may also do that if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah. Still a bit buggy. I've only got as far as model swapping weapons with the importer, but those where invisible in game. I treid test importing the Zodiac SPear weapon, could not import that. I could not model swap Zidane with Quina still. (Vice versa)

Regrading the characters, I tried numerous things to try and progress. At the very least, after properly re-rigging custom models to the output's bone hierarchy, and those animations intact, I was able to import it without crashing the model importer, but in game, it still crashed. something is still missing. I use 3ds Max and Maya. (Usually with the .anim files).
Animations still there, everything, but to no avail, the game will still crash.

KekeMcGee

• View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: 2018-07-16 21:41:09 »
Ah, I mainly use Blender. Thanks for the replies, looking forward to it being fixed no matter how long it takes.

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: Yesterday at 23:09:30 »
Ah, I mainly use Blender. Thanks for the replies, looking forward to it being fixed no matter how long it takes.

What were you trying to import? Accessory, Character?