Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Tool-The Reunion [R06b]  (Read 1582880 times)

DLPB

• No life
  • The ascension of the ordinary man
    • View Profile
Nope.  Although I am looking into creating a tool in the future to be able to easily copy to Steam location and back - and so forth.   

You could always use my tool Ochu  which can save and load states.  From there it would be pretty easy to just load steam up and save properly.

Almost ready for R06b.  Added:

flevel.lgp   N/A   "Ability to skip longer scenes by holding Select and Cancel for 3 seconds. This is only supported when using Beacause (New Translation).  So far, the following can be skipped:

Flashback of the water tower promise (from the Seventh Heaven).
King / Old man and woman scene at the Honeybee Manor.
Flashback at Aerith's house.
Flashback of Cloud's past at Kalm.
Flashback of Corel village burning (from the Ropeway Station).
Mog minigame at the Gold Saucer.
Date / Enchantment night at the Gold Saucer.
Flashback of Barrett and Dyne at Mt Corel (from Corel Prison).
Flashback at Cid's house.
Professor Gusto's videos  at Icicle Lodge.
Cloud and Tifa in the Lifestream.
Cloud and Tifa on the hill."   "AndyPandy
iDerek759
Sega Chief
Lord UrQuan
DLPB"   DLPB   R06b

To do:

1 second Select + Cancel hold to return to Gold Saucer from minigames:

G-Bike
Coaster
Snowboard
Submarine

Snowboard and Submarine already have a pause function to do this, but I'll be consistent.  G-Bike actually has code to do this but never utilized.

« Last Edit: 2020-02-15 03:08:48 by DLPB »

skyhawk

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I think something's wrong with Yuffie's cast/summon animation in 60fps mode 2. The animation takes longer than I remember it taking, like she's moving in slow motion.

Anyone else seeing that?

Standard models, 60fps mode 2.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
check without reunion or 60fps ti verify

skyhawk

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
A very quick unscientific test gives the following average summon times (Measured from start of animation to when the fade-out starts):

60fps off:
3.3 seconds

60fps mode 1:
3.5 seconds

60fps mode 2:
4.8 seconds

I haven't measured any other character, but none of them have seemed off to me, either. I haven't measured the magic casting animation, but it's doing the same thing.

yousie642

• View Profile
Nope.  Although I am looking into creating a tool in the future to be able to easily copy to Steam location and back - and so forth.   

You could always use my tool Ochu  which can save and load states.  From there it would be pretty easy to just load steam up and save properly.

Ah thanks. I'll look into that.

Sorry, but one other thing. Without the Reunion mod, FF7 recognizes my DS4. Once I enable Reunion, the FF7 launcher still recognizes it when I go into the input config, but the game itself doesn't recognize the DS4. I can use DS4Windows, but neither the launcher nor the game recognize the L and R triggers because they're not actual buttons. Is there any way to get FF7+Reunion to recognize a DS4?

skyhawk

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I can't speak for a Dual-Shock, but I've configured the 98 CD release as a Non-Steam application in Steam, and Steam's controller mapping system works wonders with my XBox gamepad.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
A very quick unscientific test gives the following average summon times (Measured from start of animation to when the fade-out starts):

60fps off:
3.3 seconds

60fps mode 1:
3.5 seconds

60fps mode 2:
4.8 seconds

I haven't measured any other character, but none of them have seemed off to me, either. I haven't measured the magic casting animation, but it's doing the same thing.

That doesn't look like anything significant.  Probably the animation files etc loading.  I don't think anything is changing because of code.  Certainly 3.3 to 3.5 is clearly no difference at all.

edit 

please provide a video or picture so I can see clearly which part you mean.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-16 23:43:15 by DLPB »

skyhawk

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
That doesn't look like anything significant.  Probably the animation files etc loading.  I don't think anything is changing because of code.  Certainly 3.3 to 3.5 is clearly no difference at all.
While not well controlled, this is an average of several summons. You're certainly right that 3.3 to 3.5 is probably within margin of error. The 4.8 on the other hand....  If this slowdown was due to loading, I'd be seeing it for other characters, yes? But it's only Yuffie.

Additionally, it's not like she plays her animation and the game stops while loading something. She just moves really slowly, resulting in the animation taking longer than it should.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
R06b is removed because translation files are not being updated.  R06c will be released tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1ECbXCS70&t=1m18s

The Reunion (R06b)

Download link Here

--Note that \The_Reunion\BASE folder is always deleted on install. If you have anything saved there that you need, please backup before running the installer.  Please also note that the default location for music and SFX is now the BASE folder.

Please also read read The Reunion - Help.rtf.  For R06c, I'll have made a better tutorial video and hopefully created a front end for the options.

Code: [Select]
LATEST CHANGES
17-Feb-2020

Please see The Reunion Database for a full list of bug fixes.

Main changes:

1. Installer works with different DPI settings
2. New crash handler, courtesy of Julian Xhokaxhiu.  Additionally, crash.dmp etc will now generate properly in most circumstances.
3. All known major game hangs and game crashes resolved.
4. Music and effects default location is now the BASE folder
5. Steam install is detected correctly.
6. Music and SFX fade function is fixed.
7. Current updates from Charlie Beer's proof check added.
8. Default Run removed and is now unsupported [please see default_run.txt in The_Reunion\Global\Hext to enable it that way instead]
9. More Status option removed.  It was redundant regardless.  More status / new status menu will only work if New Translation is enabled.
10. Minor ini updates.
11. Better logging in app.log for certain options.
12. Magic subfolders are taken into account when using Direct folder.
13. When FF7 is loaded, any Mod_ID folder specified will be added along with all its subfolders (if not already present).
14. Fixed character option will work correctly with RED XIII.
15. Item names will correctly order by alphabetical order when that option is used in the game's menu.
16. Escape magic will not cause a game over
17. FMV PCM audio will correctly decode and play
18. Dialogue will be present during the Temple of the Ancients water pool cutscene.
19. 3D models are not offset during panning.
20. Some more models updated by Kaldarasha - Aerith's younger child model also added.
21. SEFFECT1, SEFFECT2, SEFFECT3, and RAIN7 texture files are now loaded from battle texture folder.
22. Marin will be known as Marlene when selecting Incorrect Character Names.
23. Naming screen avatar for the chocobo has been updated from an official scan
24. The starfield animation on game end (present on PSX version) has been restored.
25. The FF7 logo will hold on screen correctly at the Opening Credits screen.
26. Possibly the FF7 Steam path is properly autodetected in the installer(?).
27. 60fps Battles (Mode 2 - Interpolated) will now display missing visual effects (such as gunfire).
28. Various cutscenes can be skipped by holding Select and X for 2 seconds.

Still to-do

1. The finalization of Beacause with correct window positioning (for R07).
2. Finish new submarine minigame.
3. Soldier Quest (for R07).
4. Resume work on main Weapon code.
5. Chocobo Races needs updated chocobo avatars.
6. Address various bugs - especially the broken camera with 60fps Battles  - Mode 2 (Interpolated).
7. Ability to return to the Gold Saucer from any minigame without having to wait for it to end.
8. A front end for the options
9. Look into a way of dealing with the save location and sharing of save files between 1998 version/The Reunion and Steam.

I would very much appreciate it if people helped me seed and test the current download :)

Full download mirrors are also appreciated. But give time for any critical bugs to be detected.

Please note: This release should be stable and working - Most of the bugs that caused crashes and hangs have been eradicated. It's impossible to know if something has been overlooked, but I don't anticipate anything like the number of problems that affected R06.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 17:51:47 by DLPB »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
Oops.  I forgot a file. Re-upped.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:57:44 by DLPB »

Kuraudo.

• Crazy poster
  • Panta rei
    • View Profile
Time to play.

PS: kindly need a mirror folks, cannot torrent

BahamutSIN

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
I just knew you'd do something special for your 10000th post, DLPB. Congratulations! :wink: Btw, are you still going to do the Goblin's Bar FMV upscaling project that you mentioned some time ago? Thank you for your continued support of this great game.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
I just knew you'd do something special for your 10000th post, DLPB. Congratulations! :wink: Btw, are you still going to do the Goblin's Bar FMV upscaling project that you mentioned some time ago? Thank you for your continued support of this great game.

It's on hold - but I do still have the assets and the intention is to upscale - but there are a few people here who may be able to do better justice if "AI"  upscaling methods are any better?

BahamutSIN

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
It's on hold - but I do still have the assets and the intention is to upscale - but there are a few people here who may be able to do better justice if "AI"  upscaling methods are any better?

Fair enough! Had to ask you specifically because you seem to take into account the Toshiba FMVs existence, which are higher quality (but with their own set of issues). Would be a shame not to have those integrated somehow..

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
Yeah those I do intend to sort out.  But if this AI upscale thing can work... and I dunno if it can with video... then it will work with those better.

megamike15

• View Profile
while it looks like the mod is working for me now i noticed something. ex soldier is still in all caps. and bolt and ice are not blizzard and thunder despite picking series canon in the install.

Ryan76903

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Thank you for the R06b release! I've already installed it and I'm trying it out now.

Quick question: It seems that installing R06b has caused the New Translation to break in my game. Everything is back to the original script of the Steam release (except, for some reason, names of regions on the world map are in Spanish? I'm REALLY confused there). Anyone else seeing this? I tested a couple of saves and saw the same thing across them all. I double-checked options.ini and made sure New_Translation = y. (I also was able to get Default Run to work through the Hext file you included in this one - so thanks a bunch for that!)

I just ran this installer over the previous installation - I didn't uninstall or change anything, except for changing options.ini back to the resolution settings I had before. Did I miss something? I'm should mention that I'm still using Remako as I was before (and strangely enough, I STILL can't get the speed up options to work, with or without vsync enabled. I'm not as concerned about that though - I definitely want to fix my New Translation issue).

usb

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
First thanks for your incredible work.

I've downloaded R06b and tring to port italian translation from Caledor to New Translation mod, but I've a problem decompiling texts from flevel.lgp with touphScript (I'm using the version that is extracted in folder dlpb-mods from your installer). I've got this error and the dump stop at niv_w.txt ... I don't know why (never happened before...).

I know that touphScript is not related to your mod but I hope that there is a solution

Decompiling with touphScript New Translation world.lgp instead I've found that 0_mes.txt is in french (checked after a full reinstallation)

I'm using FF7 Steam version
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:45:28 by usb »

Ryan76903

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Quick question: It seems that installing R06b has caused the New Translation to break in my game. Everything is back to the original script of the Steam release (except, for some reason, names of regions on the world map are in Spanish? I'm REALLY confused there).
Decompiling with touphScript New Translation world.lgp instead I've found that 0_mes.txt is in french (checked after a full reinstallation)

I'm using FF7 Steam version

Did I say Spanish names on the World Map regions? Um, I totally meant French. Definitely got those mixed up there. RIP my foreign language education. But yeah, this seems to match what I noticed in my own installation.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
@usb - the current ts is out of date and won't work with R06 - but obviously I'm using the latest for that installer.  Give me a week and I'll have Luksy's current one rolled out which has been tweaked to fix bugs and work with R06 - and I'll have the Readme updated.  Ts is related to this mod really, since I helped design it specifically to solve the issue of updating text on the fly for my installer.

@Ryan76903  seems like a failed install to me.  Perhaps it couldn't remove the BASE folder.  Please manually delete The_Reunion\BASE  folder and rerun the installer.

@megamike15  have you changed Options.ini? New_Translation = y should be set.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 17:03:50 by DLPB »

Ryan76903

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
@Ryan76903  seems like a failed install to me.  Perhaps it couldn't remove the BASE folder.  Please manually delete The_Reunion\BASE  folder and rerun the installer.

Just tried it out - no change. I did toggle New_Translation between y and n just to see what would happen. With New_Translation=n, all the names and dialogue reflect the original Steam script, of course, and the World Map region names go back to English. With New_Translation=y, the World Map region names are all in French, while nothing else is changed (still original Steam names / dialogue).

megamike15

• View Profile
yes new transaltion is set to y. it's just seems to be ex soldier and the magic not changing.

as everything else seems to be fine as avalanche is not in all caps, shrinra is spelled shin-ra and sector was changed to district.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
OK so it looks like ... SOMEHOW... the translation files are not being updated.  And no error is being generated.  We know the drill now...  The installer will need pulling and R06c will need releasing tonight.

What a nightmare.  That will teach me for trusting logs.  The failure appears to be with touphscript (it looks related to the issue above as well), which isn't updating the files and is then failing silently.

If you don't use the New Translation option, everything else should be good for you.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 18:02:15 by DLPB »

e2zippo

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Great job on getting R06B out!  :D :D

I can't seem to get Reshade working though, are there any changes that should affect Reshade, it was semi working in R06, but I couldn't seem to save a preset.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
Well R06b is in the fire.  But reshade should work - does with me after my install :)  I'll look into it with you when I weather this storm.