I've been bouncing around both these forums and google for the better part of 2 hours and still can not get this thing to run.
Here is what I've done so far:
1. Maximum install of all files to "C:\Program Files(x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII"
2. Install official 1.02 patch files (ff7.exe and FF7Config.exe)
3. Ensure the file "ff7input.cfg" exists in the root install directory (not sure if this is still needed in this version, but I've come across this in multiple troubleshooting reports)
4. Copy all 0.8.1.b files to the root install directory
5. Ran "ff7_opengl.reg" to apply registry changes
When I double click on ff7.exe to launch the game, a black screen appears for about 2 seconds and then disappears. The game won't even start! I've performed multiple re-installs with no success. Furthermore, I am not getting an APP.log generated when I try to run the .exe, so I won't be able to include that.
Is there a way to verify the driver is working correctly? Is this even a problem with the driver at all? In older versions, you had to run FF7Config.exe and click the graphics tab, at which point a dialog would appear letting you know you passed the 'self test' and could then use the custom driver. I'm not getting that anymore in this version. Has this been replaced by the registry modifications?
Here are my graphics card and processor, both have the latest drivers:
Graphics: Radeon R7360
Processor: AMD A6-7400K Radeon R5