Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836673 times)

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8375 on: 2019-08-07 05:01:44 »
Well, my point was that you can't have both Ribbons/Resist and Shield. Now the game might be still trivialized by Shield alone but...hm.

The Bomb Squad can be trivialized by a certain spell,
Spoiler: show
remove
  :mrgreen:

Or you heal them constantly and focus with Spells/Deathblow+Added Cut on the King. Or use the specific status materias to apply Sleep + Confuse.

The black-robed NPC in the Highwind sells Jem Rings, which could solve the Paralyze-problem. Or you use Resist.

I managed the Goldberry fight be removing all of my stat protection gear, getting 1 damage dealer with Deathblow + Added Cut and attacking slowly and very carefully one at a time. I had 2 Dispels as well as 2 Esunas since they apply Resist with their petrifying stab and Reflect with one of their grudges iirc.

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: 2019-08-07 05:18:17 »
That is one thing i never figured out, Dispel says "clear buffs/debuffs" but it never cleared any kind of debuff (i figured dual would be a debuff since esuna doesn't work). And i didn't know you could add cut on deathblow so i just went for 1 star multi-cut. I feel like this game has so many mechanics and combos but since vanilla is extremely easy you just play whatever and win anyway i know almost nothing on how to do things the proper way, that is why i refused i play normal and went straight to arranged.

I'll try hp absorb with 4 cut later to see if it works. Btw, i think i found a bug, Yuffie has such high dex, if she starts the fight with high enough ATB bar, it resets to 0.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-07 07:29:57 by howlerleech »

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: 2019-08-07 16:21:42 »
Yeah, a list would be quite helpful.

Dual, Stop, Slow, Death Sentence, Fury/Sadness and Manipulation (i guess?) should be the most important debuffs that get cleared by Dispel. Sometimes Reflect and Resist.
I never used it once in Vanilla and here i can not live without it. Just crazy.

4-Cut with Absorption does not work but if you link Absorption to a Master Command and then equip a 4-Cut, it absorbs.
If you get several Deathblows you can do: HP Absorption + DB, Added Cut + DB and MP Absorption + DB. 6 Slots, Dualleech for your damage dealer. I used this a while.  8-)

Right now my Mage uses Master Magic + MP Absorb and Planet/Contain + HP Absorb and sometimes Planet/Contain + MP-Turbo as well. Found that also quite useful.

And there is another combo that was enabled in NT - if you link status effect to Barrier in a weapon, you put both Barriers and Shield on your target. Saw it in an NT- speedrun and...yeah, refrained from using that.  :lol:

I have a question: you said that as soon as you got Shield, the game got much easier - what were the difficulties that disappeared this way? How exactly did you struggle up to this point?.

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: 2019-08-07 19:27:24 »
Not really struggle, i only really started using Shield on Disc 3 when even normal mobs were too much. Up until then the game was very clear on what you could and could not fight, great examples are Lost Number and the optional boss on Nibelheim mountains that you get Hp<->Mp. It's impossible to fight them the first time, but they are optional. After that i would die once or twice in most boss fights but mostly due to poor management or overuse of haste, not counting Satan Gate. Demon Gate used to be the hardest fight in FF7 by far and apparently it was scaled the same way but without the cheese, so it ended up being a rng fight, i might've reset the game 20x for each successful attempt because he would instantly kill 1 or 2 with basics before i could act.

My team is all physical with Yuffie and Tifa, everyone with 4x cut and add effect+contain/hades/time, so i can hit the enemies with most possible effects. Magic for me is not that useful late game when 1 basic can deal so much damage and not spend finite mp. Talking about Yuffie again, it seems her Doom of the Living has a damage cap? i can hit for 8k with Conformer but her limit only hits for 850 per hit.

Btw, need help about Dark Cave,
i got Cait Sith and Yuffie, but Aeris is stuck inside Corneo's table and i don't know if it's a bug or she will join later.

« Last Edit: 2019-08-07 19:45:38 by howlerleech »

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: 2019-08-07 19:55:18 »
Yeh, she being stuck is a graphic bug, won't have influence on your playthrough. She joined me at the roof of the church but depending on your CD1 decision that might not be the case for you.

@SegaChief:

Some of FF7 mechanics might be obtuse for too many people - you compiled a cool tutorial in the beginner's hall. Maybe add some infos about the possibility of getting attacked with Resist or "this mod stretches FF7's possibilities to the fullest" or something?
I just watched Caleb's run (he finished it) and in the last fight he used
Synthesis Cells
on Tifa. Nobody figured out why she didn't get killed by Death Sentence afterwards or why Wall wasn't possible anymore - they attributed it to some cryptic background mechanics (like lvl?? Old or getting zombiefied).

Btw, his feedback: "This mod is fecking Champion Status"  :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: 2019-08-07 21:12:05 »
Hmm, i just started FF7 and cast Shield on a normal char, a char with ribbon and a char with Resist. Only the normal char got Shield. I mean - doesn't Shield get balanced by all the other dangerous status effects? If you want to get rid of them permanently (Resist/Ribbon), you also prevent every buff. And restore doesn't work anymore on you. I am not convinced that it should be nerfed.

Although i didn't use it once i my playthrough, apart from Aeris' lvl3 limit sometimes, because i tried to do as much as possible before entering the crater.

Shield is strong, but has some drawbacks:
1) It has a fairly short lifespan and costs a fair amount of MP; reapplying it can become costly, and Haste makes it run off faster.
2) Has no visual cue, so it's difficult to tell when it has worn off (this is something that should probably be changed as all statuses should have some sort of cue to check on)
3) Doesn't affect non-elemental attacks
4) Resist/Ribbon blocks it

Not really struggle, i only really started using Shield on Disc 3 when even normal mobs were too much. Up until then the game was very clear on what you could and could not fight, great examples are Lost Number and the optional boss on Nibelheim mountains that you get Hp<->Mp. It's impossible to fight them the first time, but they are optional. After that i would die once or twice in most boss fights but mostly due to poor management or overuse of haste, not counting Satan Gate. Demon Gate used to be the hardest fight in FF7 by far and apparently it was scaled the same way but without the cheese, so it ended up being a rng fight, i might've reset the game 20x for each successful attempt because he would instantly kill 1 or 2 with basics before i could act.

My team is all physical with Yuffie and Tifa, everyone with 4x cut and add effect+contain/hades/time, so i can hit the enemies with most possible effects. Magic for me is not that useful late game when 1 basic can deal so much damage and not spend finite mp. Talking about Yuffie again, it seems her Doom of the Living has a damage cap? i can hit for 8k with Conformer but her limit only hits for 850 per hit.

Btw, need help about Dark Cave,
i got Cait Sith and Yuffie, but Aeris is stuck inside Corneo's table and i don't know if it's a bug or she will join later.

That's a logic flaw I introduced to that field, best to ignore it until it's fixed. She joins in the Church.

Yeh, she being stuck is a graphic bug, won't have influence on your playthrough. She joined me at the roof of the church but depending on your CD1 decision that might not be the case for you.

@SegaChief:

Some of FF7 mechanics might be obtuse for too many people - you compiled a cool tutorial in the beginner's hall. Maybe add some infos about the possibility of getting attacked with Resist or "this mod stretches FF7's possibilities to the fullest" or something?
I just watched Caleb's run (he finished it) and in the last fight he used
Synthesis Cells
on Tifa. Nobody figured out why she didn't get killed by Death Sentence afterwards or why Wall wasn't possible anymore - they attributed it to some cryptic background mechanics (like lvl?? Old or getting zombiefied).

Btw, his feedback: "This mod is fecking Champion Status"  :-D

I think those cells apply resist or something, which would prevent the toggle of statuses. I didn't think Resist blocked death/death-sentence though.

That's a ringing endorsement  ;D ; I'm glad he likes it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: 2019-08-07 23:02:36 »
So far I've changed the following (patches are not up yet):

//Battle
-) Crater enemies had a general nerf; -30 strength, magic, defence, MDEF in most cases.

-) Goldberry fight reduced to 3x Goldberries instead of 6x.

-) Lot of drain HP attacks removed from end-game bosses; Tyrant, Abyss, some others.

-) All status ignoring attacks were disabled (some may have been missed).

-) The following enemies were adjusted: Satan's Gate, Powersoul Keeper, and Lambda Calcule forms. Attacks were altered, stats adjusted down, and made slower.

-) Gun's formation camera angle was changed

-) Materia bonus/penalties adjusted; more extreme effects were toned down

-) Summons were buffed

-) Armours were adjusted; Warrior Bangle + Fourth Bracelet buffed, slight buffs to other armours like Crystal Bangle

This is just a maintenance patch to adjust some things before going forward. Field script fixes, particularly that dark cave wrong warp problem, are on the way.

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: 2019-08-07 23:30:38 »
Actually, after 4 failed attempts at killing one goldberry by one i decided to go full yolo and comboed knights of the round + mp boost and w+quadra magic ultima. they died in 2 rounds, they don't have much hp so it wasn't that hard. Seriously though, first i tried to W-summon KotR+Bahamut Zero, baha dealt 700 damage, KotR dealt 2.3k (with mp boost) per hit and each Ultima dealt 4k. I also figured in that fight that resist acts as a empowered "Ribbon", which prevents EVERYTHING, including the item Remedy, and Goldberries have resist on their grudges.

And i'm seriously not looking foward at fighting Ruby Weapon, i never defeated it even in vanilla with all the tricks. I managed to beat emerald weapon on first try when i was a kid but never ruby.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-07 23:57:29 by howlerleech »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: 2019-08-08 12:58:43 »
Sega I have the hext to make shield (and lucky girl, peerless), appear in status menu during battle.

Will pass them on to you later.

I think I am going to add those as an option on the enhanced stock UI.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: 2019-08-08 13:32:54 »
Sega I have the hext to make shield (and lucky girl, peerless), appear in status menu during battle.

Will pass them on to you later.

I think I am going to add those as an option on the enhanced stock UI.

That'd be a start; problem I have with the status menu though is that it typically doesn't appear unless certain spells/items are in the targeting stage.

Felix125

• View Profile
« Reply #8385 on: 2019-08-08 15:19:17 »
Hey Sega Chief! Just finished my first run, best mod I've ever played.

However... the moment I kill Sephiroth I get sent to Mr. Smile and end up inside the Nibelheim reactor. I looked around and had no idea what was going on. I did the ending again and this time it was stuck on the Mr. Smile screen.

I'm confused plz help.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: 2019-08-09 12:34:43 »
Hey Sega Chief! Just finished my first run, best mod I've ever played.

However... the moment I kill Sephiroth I get sent to Mr. Smile and end up inside the Nibelheim reactor. I looked around and had no idea what was going on. I did the ending again and this time it was stuck on the Mr. Smile screen.

I'm confused plz help.

The ending was bugged; if finishing the game without using rank ups it was supposed to send you to an alternate screen but a script revision a few months ago broke it. It should have been patched recently as of the latest files, are you using the current ones?

Felix125

• View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: 2019-08-09 16:27:22 »
The ending was bugged; if finishing the game without using rank ups it was supposed to send you to an alternate screen but a script revision a few months ago broke it. It should have been patched recently as of the latest files, are you using the current ones?

Yes! I was using June 14th, I updated and it worked. Thanks!

The last bosses were a little underwhelming still, I always hated the 1 v 1 being just a one hit kill. Was there mean't to be a New Game + or is that still in progress?

Edit: I just watched 4-8's 1.4 run and parts of the last bosses were completely different (like the splitting into 3 groups). Was that taken out or is my game still bugged?
« Last Edit: 2019-08-09 16:43:24 by Felix125 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: 2019-08-10 01:51:31 »
Yes! I was using June 14th, I updated and it worked. Thanks!

The last bosses were a little underwhelming still, I always hated the 1 v 1 being just a one hit kill. Was there mean't to be a New Game + or is that still in progress?

Edit: I just watched 4-8's 1.4 run and parts of the last bosses were completely different (like the splitting into 3 groups). Was that taken out or is my game still bugged?

I shelved the NG+ thing in the end.

1.4 had tougher enemies; the bizarro boss was a 3-party fight locked no matter the mode I think. Now it's 1-party on normal, 3 on arrange? Not sure.

cc12138030

• View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: 2019-08-10 05:59:31 »
I've been looking for a long time, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but have the rewards changed for the Speed Square in Gold Saucer? I absolutely hate/suck at the rollercoaster thing and was wondering if there was something more substantial that I might be missing besides the Umbrella/Flayer (or whatever they're called if the names changed), or if any of the previously useless 3-5k point items were useful.

Also wanted to say that this mod is amaze-balls.

Felix125

• View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: 2019-08-10 08:27:48 »
I shelved the NG+ thing in the end.

1.4 had tougher enemies; the bizarro boss was a 3-party fight locked no matter the mode I think. Now it's 1-party on normal, 3 on arrange? Not sure.

Ah okay. So Arrange is a lot harder? I'll have to do another run after the first part of the remake comes out. Still wondering who that extra ? ? ? character is. My guess would be Sephiroth. You're deffo getting a small donation for this mod.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-10 08:33:14 by Felix125 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: 2019-08-10 18:38:02 »
I've been looking for a long time, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but have the rewards changed for the Speed Square in Gold Saucer? I absolutely hate/suck at the rollercoaster thing and was wondering if there was something more substantial that I might be missing besides the Umbrella/Flayer (or whatever they're called if the names changed), or if any of the previously useless 3-5k point items were useful.

Also wanted to say that this mod is amaze-balls.

The lower tier items are just gimmick items, they have a use in-battle but usually something useless like 'change all your party member row' or something.

There's a glitch (or perhaps some oversight) where shooting the propellors on the yellow zeppelin (after balloon phase, when pink rocket enemies appear) can generate massive amounts of points if it's even brushed slightly with the laser.

The PC version of the coaster is very twitchy compared to the PSX version, I think DLPB had a fix for it though.

Ah okay. So Arrange is a lot harder? I'll have to do another run after the first part of the remake comes out. Still wondering who that extra ? ? ? character is. My guess would be Sephiroth. You're deffo getting a small donation for this mod.

The extra entry for SP was a mistake on my part; sorry to get your hopes up on that front. When some of the new modding frameworks come out, I'm going to put together something on that front though (nothing that affects story though, battles/visual only).

Cheers for the donation, bud  ;D

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: 2019-08-10 19:19:28 »
So, I've reached the end of part 2, crushing what was left of Shinra, and the madman Hojo.
At Midgar I kept trying to steal from every enemy, but had zero success. 2 characters mugging every encounter and always "Couldn't steal anything.." My characters are high level too, Cloud being over 90.

Should I have acquired the Sneak Glove before Midgar?
« Last Edit: 2019-08-10 19:31:00 by Maziac »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: 2019-08-11 00:58:41 »
So, I've reached the end of part 2, crushing what was left of Shinra, and the madman Hojo.
At Midgar I kept trying to steal from every enemy, but had zero success. 2 characters mugging every encounter and always "Couldn't steal anything.." My characters are high level too, Cloud being over 90.

Should I have acquired the Sneak Glove before Midgar?

The stealing thing is an oversight with the level adjustment I added, in order to steal from late-game enemies you'll need a sneak glove. This can be still be acquired by digging up the keycard from bone village and then visiting the weapon shop seller who sold you batteries on Disc 1.

trustedgundam13

• View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: 2019-08-12 02:01:36 »
Hello Sega Chief, so I ran into a glitch at the very beginning of the Dark Cave where as soon as I have the first conversation with Barret the game seems to lock up with Cloud and Barret just staring at each other with their standing idle animations still going. I turned off the field model mods I have to see if they were the cause, but the same thing seems to happen. Any suggestions on what I can do?

P.S. This is my first time playing through FF7 and I really like all the things you've done in the mod. A couple critiques here and there I have (like the abundance of status effect enemies at the beginning or maxing out all the SP levels only half way through the game), but for the most part I think its great.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: 2019-08-12 09:18:38 »
Hello Sega Chief, so I ran into a glitch at the very beginning of the Dark Cave where as soon as I have the first conversation with Barret the game seems to lock up with Cloud and Barret just staring at each other with their standing idle animations still going. I turned off the field model mods I have to see if they were the cause, but the same thing seems to happen. Any suggestions on what I can do?

P.S. This is my first time playing through FF7 and I really like all the things you've done in the mod. A couple critiques here and there I have (like the abundance of status effect enemies at the beginning or maxing out all the SP levels only half way through the game), but for the most part I think its great.

The freeze seems related to other mods (cause unknown); try running NT by itself until you reach the save point, then turn your other mods back on. I suspect it might be the 'animated idles' but unsure.

trustedgundam13

• View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: 2019-08-12 16:34:49 »
The freeze seems related to other mods (cause unknown); try running NT by itself until you reach the save point, then turn your other mods back on. I suspect it might be the 'animated idles' but unsure.

So I did what you said and turned off all the mods except for NT, and managed to get past the beginning dialogue. I decided to start doing some tests turning off/on all the different mods one at a time (including all the ones involving animations & models) to see what could be causing the issue, but I couldn't find out whats the cause besides me thinking that NT freezes up if their is too many mods loaded in when entering Dark Cave. The mods that seem to work along with NT at that part are the Remako HD mods I have.

Unfortunately now I ran into another issue even before I reached the save point. As I am climbing down to the mako reactor, I get stuck in a walking animation going along the pipes as soon as I enter the next screen. This happened to me before during the Midgar raid with the ladder to Shinra HQ, but I managed to get past that one somehow. And keep in mind I basically have all the mods turned off now so I have no idea :/

TeaForMoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: 2019-08-12 22:01:57 »
Hi Sega,

Just wanted to say i downloaded the New Threat about 2 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it, but i've hit a bit of a snag in end game- I don't seem to be able to change Party Leaders on the Highwind. Is this something that has been patched out and is no longer needed for Cid/Tifa's quests? Or have i messed something up.

Also, on an entirely separate note, when looking for the Sector 5 key, I dug up a second Bahamut ZERO. I presume that's not something you had wanted, so just letting you know that it's there!

Thanks for all the great work- really looking forward to FFVIII when it comes out too!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: 2019-08-13 09:02:40 »
So I did what you said and turned off all the mods except for NT, and managed to get past the beginning dialogue. I decided to start doing some tests turning off/on all the different mods one at a time (including all the ones involving animations & models) to see what could be causing the issue, but I couldn't find out whats the cause besides me thinking that NT freezes up if their is too many mods loaded in when entering Dark Cave. The mods that seem to work along with NT at that part are the Remako HD mods I have.

Unfortunately now I ran into another issue even before I reached the save point. As I am climbing down to the mako reactor, I get stuck in a walking animation going along the pipes as soon as I enter the next screen. This happened to me before during the Midgar raid with the ladder to Shinra HQ, but I managed to get past that one somehow. And keep in mind I basically have all the mods turned off now so I have no idea :/

I think if you mash the confirm button while entering or exiting a ladder, there's a chance to get stuck on the thing due to a flaw in the scripts handling them (same with the glass elevator entrances in SHinra HQ, when exiting/entering mashing confirm can get you stuck). It's a problem with the base game, it's definitely fixable but there are a LOT of ladders: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/63132464

Hi Sega,

Just wanted to say i downloaded the New Threat about 2 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it, but i've hit a bit of a snag in end game- I don't seem to be able to change Party Leaders on the Highwind. Is this something that has been patched out and is no longer needed for Cid/Tifa's quests? Or have i messed something up.

Also, on an entirely separate note, when looking for the Sector 5 key, I dug up a second Bahamut ZERO. I presume that's not something you had wanted, so just letting you know that it's there!

Thanks for all the great work- really looking forward to FFVIII when it comes out too!

If you head down to the bottom of the crater (where party reunites) there's a scene and then a notification that everything has been unlocked. Head back up to the surface (you can use the new NPC down there to warp back faster) and in the Operations Room of the Highwind, talk to the NPC on the right to swap.

In Bone Village, a lot of missables can be dug up (albeit at a very low chance in the vanilla game; NT boosts the chances up I think to 100%) if they weren't acquired normally. So if you didn't get all four Huge Materia then you can still get Bahamut ZERO by digging it up. Same used to be true of W-Item but that was moved out of the Midgar Raid and is no longer missable. Phoenix can be dug up there as well if Fort Condor was seized.

TeaForMoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: 2019-08-13 11:25:04 »
Bugger- I must have loaded up a old save in the Highwind then...  oh well, thanks for that!

As for Bahamut Zero, I did get it from the Huge Materia and now have 2, I just didn't realise that getting two was possible in the Vanilla game :)

Thanks