Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)  (Read 2820780 times)

Money Lisa

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10450 on: 2020-10-15 00:36:27 »
Hello, in Mt Nibel, when Nibel Dragon uses flamethrower on my Caith Sith with E-skill materia he doesn't learn it, is that normal? I also can't seem to manipulate Nibel Dragon, I tried around 20 times.
Thanks !

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: 2020-10-15 20:31:38 »
Hello, in Mt Nibel, when Nibel Dragon uses flamethrower on my Caith Sith with E-skill materia he doesn't learn it, is that normal? I also can't seem to manipulate Nibel Dragon, I tried around 20 times.
Thanks !

flame thrower is not a learnable skill for new threat.  think antipode was its replacement for that one. which can be leared from the dragons in mythril mines.  on that note angel whisperer is another skill which can not be learned anymore.  regards manip, dont think its possible to manip same for gaes cliff dragons.  good way to tell if can manip something is to watch the txt when u try to do so, if it says miss before can't manip then u can :) if no miss message just prior then u can not

Money Lisa

• View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: 2020-10-15 20:45:35 »
flame thrower is not a learnable skill for new threat.  think antipode was its replacement for that one. which can be leared from the dragons in mythril mines.  on that note angel whisperer is another skill which can not be learned anymore.  regards manip, dont think its possible to manip same for gaes cliff dragons.  good way to tell if can manip something is to watch the txt when u try to do so, if it says miss before can't manip then u can :) if no miss message just prior then u can not

Aah thanks I thought it was the opposite for the "miss" thing ^^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: 2020-10-17 20:10:38 »
Excellent thanks for the information! Yeah I will just overlook it and play with both, really looking forward to playing through this mod, but I also can't ignore the enhanced 'kaldarasha' models, they just look so much better.

A suggestion, if there are only a few new field models, maybe an option to disable them would be nice to have and allow consistency with other mods (if none of them are critical for your reimagined scenarios that is). Or perhaps ideally, there could be 'kaldarasha' versions of your new field models.

Thanks again.

That's not really an option.

softlock with any other party leader at gold saucer hotel (tried disabling all other mods)
maybe at north crater have it force cloud as party leader, result with tifa as party leader u warp directly to the choco stable room on the highwind, need to nip to the lelft can't interact with anything on that screen.

The 2nd thing sounds like some temporary measure that didn't get a proper solution. I'll add both to my list.

Does this mean your main priority at the moment is FF8 NT? I'd absolutely love that. I played the demo and only wished the whole game was like this. You can fix this broken game that's FF8 and make it fun again.

Also, regarding the Hard Mode, in my opinion, i'd rather have the same game as the original, but with harder enemies and less gil. Something like 50% stronger enemies (with some specific tweaks to some), 33% less gil and 33% less exp. Any more than that and it feels like a punishment. Should feel like a challenge that makes you have to use all the tools and alternative tactics. I think a little less hard than the 1.5 Arranged is the perfect spot, for me, but I cannot speak for everyone.

Priority is FF8 NT, but I want to put a 2.1 patch out for FF7 NT in the meantime as unsure how long the former will take. I want to try and get FF8 NT finished for the end of the year though.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: 2020-10-17 22:22:25 »
I want to try and get FF8 NT finished for the end of the year though.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #10455 on: 2020-10-18 17:27:58 »
Priority is FF8 NT, but I want to put a 2.1 patch out for FF7 NT in the meantime as unsure how long the former will take. I want to try and get FF8 NT finished for the end of the year though.

This is great news! Thanks for that :)

8bitSuspicious

• View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: 2020-10-21 08:20:03 »
First of all, well done on NT v1.5 I'm in the end-game and its been very good so far.

Feature request for v2: Allow players to collect all miss-able items in the end-game, and move any weapon/armor/important item from morph/steals to drops. I hate using morph/steal because I always forget or am concentrating on not dying so much :D.

One thing I really don't like about the OG is that you can miss items forever. And it seems in NT v1.5 you could forget to morph/steal an item you need for later that is really important. I'd love to be able to play the game without worrying about miss-able items, and then in the end-game be able to go around and collect everything I need to get the best weapons and armor in the game.

Also is the source code for v1.5 available? I'd have a go at doing this myself If I could learn how to do with some documentation and access to the source code.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-21 08:21:35 by 8bitSuspicious »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: 2020-10-23 13:46:29 »
First of all, well done on NT v1.5 I'm in the end-game and its been very good so far.

Feature request for v2: Allow players to collect all miss-able items in the end-game, and move any weapon/armor/important item from morph/steals to drops. I hate using morph/steal because I always forget or am concentrating on not dying so much :D.

One thing I really don't like about the OG is that you can miss items forever. And it seems in NT v1.5 you could forget to morph/steal an item you need for later that is really important. I'd love to be able to play the game without worrying about miss-able items, and then in the end-game be able to go around and collect everything I need to get the best weapons and armor in the game.

Also is the source code for v1.5 available? I'd have a go at doing this myself If I could learn how to do with some documentation and access to the source code.

1.5 shouldn't have anything missable, though it does rely on Morph/Steal for some of the end-game weapons in the Crater. The files for NT 1.5 can be acquired either by:

A) Using the Regular Installer and then going into the Data folder to get the patched files.

B) Downloading the IRO via 7th Heaven and then using its unpack IRO function to get the files that way.

The file in this case is the scene.bin which contains the enemy data (Data/Battle for 1998/7th Heaven IRO or Data/Lang-En/Battle for Steam/2012). It's modified using the Proud Clod tool (PrC): http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8481.0
When open, select Enemy Management > Enemy Stats:

The chance is from 1-63, with 63 being guaranteed. If setting a Steal, then Level factors into the success rate so a base chance of 63 may still result in failed steal attempts.

One thing to note with FF7 enemies is that they can only drop one item at a time, and it checks its four item slots consecutively. So if you had, say, 2 drops it'll check the chance on the first drop before checking the 2nd drop and so on. The 1st drop check needs to fail for the 2nd drop check to be evaluated.

Also just to clarify, the mod doesn't have source code as it's altering compiled files through hex edits (mostly done via tools).

8bitSuspicious

• View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: 2020-10-24 15:12:04 »
1.5 shouldn't have anything missable, though it does rely on Morph/Steal for some of the end-game weapons in the Crater.

So I can effectively play the game as normal and not worry about morphing/stealing anything from enemies. Then in the end-game I can go around and morph/steal enemies to get all of those items I didn't morph/steal earlier? This is excellent thanks for clarifying.

And thanks for the explanation on modifying the enemies morph/steal/drop mechanics, I'll go and play around with the tools you mentioned.

Is NT v2 game type A basically the same as NT v1.5? I'm trying to decide if I should play through again on NT v2.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: 2020-10-24 15:20:15 »
So I can effectively play the game as normal and not worry about morphing/stealing anything from enemies. Then in the end-game I can go around and morph/steal enemies to get all of those items I didn't morph/steal earlier? This is excellent thanks for clarifying.

And thanks for the explanation on modifying the enemies morph/steal/drop mechanics, I'll go and play around with the tools you mentioned.

Is NT v2 game type A basically the same as NT v1.5? I'm trying to decide if I should play through again on NT v2.

2.0 Type A is similar to 1.5 but has the following differences:
1) Full rebalance based on new formula adjustments
2) All bosses returned to default names/colours, AI & Attacks modified
3) New item placements
4) Some new event scripts, refined some pre-existing ones

But there's some stuff that was cut from 1.5 to 2.0; some characters don't have sidequests anymore for their Lv.4 Limit and sidequests like Dark Cave were also cut.