Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam2013] HorizonPack: Remastered - Custom World Texture Overhaul  (Read 150325 times)

rartart

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
It's kinda as soon as we can. Some of them are easy because the remaster has the files and we just replace them. But some of them are harder. Thing with all 2013 mods have Tonberry to work with, and tonberry doesn't work in the remaster. So it'll take more time for the community to find workarounds. Once the community finds a way to load the textures it's a simple matter of porting the textures from one game to the other. Just need that new tool/hack to come along.

no problem, i always wanted to inject the modded textures directly in to the game,  so if it take more time to get that result in this remaster then is ok , i never liked the solution of tonberry , while i am enjoying very much the triple triad modded textures and the seed reborn modded textures quite because we can finally inject them in to the game , so the game doesn't have any choice but to load them correctly since after all those are the very only thing at disposal for that specific part of the game , but were are located the textures of the world map elements in the remastered version ? i am taking a look right now
« Last Edit: 2019-09-20 04:31:59 by rartart »

biestbars

• View Profile
Hello,
archive brings error while unpacking. Please reload!

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Is it normal for vehicles in towns to still be in low res version? Do they use different textures than the ones in the world map?
yes, some are pixelated blobs that are a part of the background images pretty much...
lotsa photoshop etc work to do for the ones that can be hidden via hidden certain layers before the initial export + file conversion... "Remastered" is still using stock field.fs for now...

rrgaming28

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
is this for remastered now or in 2013 version?

iDerek759

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Read main post.

rartart

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile

for now it is only for the 2013 version , not the remastered, but don't worry , it is in everyone's interest to port it in the remastered version since the texture there can be injected directly in to the game :D

Nyril

• View Profile
This legit is better looking than SE "remaster" they didnt even bother to really work on the over world... GJ mate!

rartart

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
This legit is better looking than SE "remaster" they didnt even bother to really work on the over world... GJ mate!

exactly , and after listening to a small interview , here is one reason why they are so careless with their better game for this series: because according to them the "fantasy" genre should be about the ferning medieval period and the classic fairy tales , but that's quite the point about be creative and original, it is also about do something really fantasious , infact the good thing about final fantasy 8 is quite the fact that is show a world based on the classic fantasy genre ported in a futuristic time , i mean god ferning damn it , for final fantasy 9 they put real passion and interest for the steam version , while for this version they don't even care about make the game compatible with the 16:9 o.O , fern , still , the modders here are making a better work even compared to the remastered version of final fantasy 9 :D

gunner_1207

• Cool newbie
  • If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile

Yo mcindus  my man strolling around esthar , came across this, any idea what it is ?

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora

Yo mcindus  my man strolling around esthar , came across this, any idea what it is ?

It's a missing texture coordinate for a UV texture that the PC version screwed up. It's part of the original PC port -_-

rartart

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile

It's a missing texture coordinate for a UV texture that the PC version screwed up. It's part of the original PC port -_-
[/quote]

those ferning idiots really got careless with this game , to think that it is the best of the final fantasy saga, as i said in another post, they basically got careless because final fantasy 8 isn't the classic rpg game based on the medieval period, so yeah , that's the reason for all the technical flaws , and it is the reason why the steam version of final fantasy 9 don't need any graphical modification , because you know, final fantasy 9 is essentially the interactive version of a damn classic fairy tale, so they considered it worthy of their passion o.O

rartart

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
@Mcindus talking about technical flaws of the pc version, remember the transition effect that you get in the psx version when a boss fight begin? if so , can you port it in the remastered pc version ? as you noticed in any pc version you barely see two frames that transit in the screen , but the rest of the transition effect is missing , sorry if i am vague but english is my second language and i don't know how do you call that effect in english

rrgaming28

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
How's the mod progress? any updates? :)

Ponisito

• Fast newbie
  • https://66.media.tumblr.com/297b2494d8466fc945d70a
    • View Profile
How's the mod progress? any updates? :)
Yeah, it sucks that this mod isn't compatible with the Remaster because we can't unpack-rebuild the new files format. It would be the perfect combination. :'(