Author Topic: I want to change clouds standing battle animation  (Read 1408 times)

PapSnatchBrim [SwornEnemy] (DMR)

• Fast newbie
  • RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
I want to change clouds 1st animation to the same as to SOLDIERs

to this                                                               from this

is there a way i can grab the first animation from the soldiers and replace clouds animation with it

NFITC1

• No life
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: I want to change clouds standing battle animation
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-19 14:56:28 »
While I don't think it would be a big deal to change his first animation, there are a few things to consider.

1) The Soldier:1st's weapons are part of their model and Cloud's weapon is...not. I'm not sure how this translates into animations exactly, but I know that weapon bones are different animals.

2) The Soldier is holding his weapon on the other side from Cloud. Most of Cloud's "leave idle" and "return to idle" animations are assuming he's starting out in his current handedness.

3) While more aesthetic than an obstacle, the cameras in battle are generally favoring Characters' left sides so the sword is shown more often. Up to you if you care about that, though. :)

chasedark

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: I want to change clouds standing battle animation
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-19 20:58:49 »
I've been working on a similar project and here's some advice.  The propogate tool is our best friend, but can be your worst enemy.  Animation editing is more time consuming ad frustrating than anything else I've taken on so far.