Author Topic: [PC] Unofficial bad UV texture patch [powered by DLPB tools]  (Read 43734 times)

DLPB

• No life
  • For I realized that God's a young man, too.
    • View Profile
Mcindus, RaW is being released soon with Hext built in.  At that time, it be cool if you could update for those using it - it's a lot less hassle than the launcher.

Basically... each lang would just need one file in the global folder.

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hello Mcindus. Global thanks for all your great mods.

Here is the issue I have :
Patcher run as administrator, FF8_FR.exe in the same folder, FF8_UVPatcher_FR.txt in the "HE_in" subfolder, and its 1st line is exactly the one the patcher looks for.. But looks like it can't find it though, and I can't see why.

Hope it will help.

I think I fixed the issue - try downloading the patcher again and let me know if it works for you!

Mcindus, RaW is being released soon with Hext built in.  At that time, it be cool if you could update for those using it - it's a lot less hassle than the launcher.

Basically... each lang would just need one file in the global folder.

Oh yes, I've been waiting for this change :) I will be porting the mods over to the new RaW format - I just have to make sure that things don't get screwed up when I do, and try to figure out the balance between standalone and RaW dependent add-ons.  Will people still be able to use HextLaunch if they don't have RaW?  And if they had hextlaunch with existing mods and upgrade to raw, will they have to re-arrange their folder/file structure when they do so?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-28 20:38:45 by Mcindus »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
RaW doesn't force music on people.  They can opt to disable that also :) So there's no real advantage to not having the dll in the root folder.

Ashyaksan

• View Profile
I think I fixed the issue - try downloading the patcher again and let me know if it works for you!

Worked like a charm, thanks for the fix.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
The black lines (They're invisible in fact, as there's no texture there) in some places is the bug Square tried to fix by doing this crappy texture mess up routine.
I added HextLaunch support for PC 2000 english version.

Is there any way to fix this?  It's a bit grating to have black lines on the road.

In other news - here is the change that will be needed for new RaW version.

When released, simply pop

# Unofficial bad UV texture patch by Maki

+400000
153CC0 = 00
153CCA = 00
153CD8 = 00
153CE2 = 00
153CF2 = 00
153CFC = 00
153D0C = 00
153D16 = 00
153D26 = 00
153D30 = 00
153D38 = 00
153D42 = 00

In a text file and save to [Root]\RaW\GLOBAL\Hext

It's likely +400000 is all that's needed to go from file to memory in all versions.

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
@DLPB - If you've got the UV Injector working and have disabled bilinear filtering (the black lines are texture bleed from the texture adjacent to that one in the atlas), you shouldn't be getting black lines anymore (at least at a very minimum)

the only way to make the PC port 'perfect' is to fix the .5 pixel offset problem inherent in dx9 -- theres code out there you can inject into the pixel/vertex shader, but i don't know how to do it, so we are stuck with a 'less-than' perfect setup - but at least Maki fixed the garbled mess that was the overworld.

Also, I tried to do the +400000 trick to my uv injector and it didn't work with hextlaunch... so am I correct in stating that this new file will work with raw, but not with hextlaunch?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-31 00:06:28 by Mcindus »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
Should work with HextLaunch too. I've verified it working with RaW for sure and the code is copy pasted.

Exact same code if using latest version (although it has a bug where working folder doesn't work - so you have to place files in Hext_in )

Also, thanks for the update!
« Last Edit: 2018-08-31 00:10:30 by DLPB »

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Should work with HextLaunch too. I've verified it working with RaW for sure and the code is copy pasted.

Exact same code if using latest version (although it has a bug where working folder doesn't work - so you have to place files in Hext_in )

Also, thanks for the update!

To be clear, if I don't put the +400000 in my hext file, the game loads the uv injector just fine, but i had to set the timer to 7000 in the settings for HextLaunch.  If I do add the +400000, hextlaunch doesn't inject the uv fix at all.  Also, I've noticed that the UV injector has to be the first mod in the list to run, so I've renamed it with a "1_" prefix to ensure that it loads before all other hext files.

Also, been looking everywhere for that ragnarok save and a concert save at FH for you... no luck yet

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
If you don't use +400000 then it will be patching the completely wrong memory addresses - so the fix shouldn't work.

With RaW there is no delay option - the changes are added on game start - but i cant work out why that would stop your uv injector.