Author Topic: [CC:FF7 PSP] Crisis Core UI Upscale Project  (Read 15803 times)

LeonhartGR

• No life
  • ~Whatever...~ Finally married to my "Rinoa"!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [CC:FF7 PSP] Crisis Core UI Upscale Project
« Reply #25 on: 2019-10-02 19:10:09 »
Well done D! This is awesome. Please share some screens along!

Devina

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2019-10-31 09:58:51 »
I just realized it's DMW, not DMV (derp, has nothing to do with cars).

I've decided to try painting over the DMW portraits since they are the most important thing that needs to redone in HD, imo.

Here's a little sample of a before and after:

It's been quite a difficult job as I'm not a digital painter.
I figure some people might be displeased with the results, so I plan to release them all in a month, and anyone who wishes to change certain things can paint over them and post them here for improvement. I don't want to hear any ragey disrespectful stuff like (ARGHH, YOU ADDED TOO MUCH COLOR TO AERITH'S EYES, GO DIE IN A FIRE!!!!!11) and stuff like that, I'm doing what I can.

I want to do them and finish them by 2020 to give people 3 months to finish Crisis Core before FF7make.

I haven't been able to do Genesis (I don't have his portrait yet) or the summons, so if anyone wants to rip them and send them to me, that would be nice. But as far as my understanding goes, his portrait rarely appears in the DMW (it's been years since I last properly played through Crisis Core). At the very least, I want to do the six basic main chars (Aerith, Cissnei, Angeal, Tseng, Cloud, Sephiroth) because that's what people will see the most.

LeonhartGR

• No life
  • ~Whatever...~ Finally married to my "Rinoa"!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #27 on: 2019-10-31 18:20:02 »
You are awesome Devina!!!

KaosuReido

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2019-11-04 02:12:01 »
Everything you've done looks great to me. I'm happy there's even more stuff being done on this; I feel like my UI stuff isn't perfect, but seeing people try to improve it is great.

Devina

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2019-11-13 05:57:57 »
Thanks guys, I decided to post these a little early and you can see all six comparisons:

http://www.framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/DYLPPNNX

http://www.framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/J1B2CNNU

Feel free to suggest improvements and, if anyone wants, try painting over them yourself.

I had to improvise a bit so it's not completely accurate to the original, so I tried my best to make it look more natural.

I'll upload them again in game-ready form once feedback is complete.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-13 06:06:12 by Devina »

KaosuReido

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2019-11-16 08:37:08 »
I've been thinking at some point I might come back and actually redo the UI itself. The basic UI the game has is kind of cluttered and designed to be seen on a PSP screen, so it takes up a bunch of space. I've been thinking I might try to trim down the effects and stuff a little, streamline it. Not making any promises, of course. I haven't touched this in literally over a year, I'm pretty rusty, and I have fifty other minor projects too.

obesebear

• Administrator
  • No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2019-11-17 18:22:37 »
I think you've done a really good job!  My one suggestion would be to add some noise or a blur filter over the eyes.  The eyes really stand out as crisp and clear while the rest looks more blurred or fuzzy.

Thank you both for your work on this

Devina

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2019-11-18 16:10:19 »
I finished for now, made a small tweaks and did a blur filter to make everything look consistent.
Also found Genesis+Summons+Numbers and did a basic filter for them so they aren't pixelated.

You can compare using tabs here:

http://www.framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/J19FJNNU

Download is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pvwj3i211hswnyi/DMW_-_dump_in_ULUS10336_folder.rar/file