Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 151327 times)

FatedCourage

• Insane poster
  • I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Thank you so much for the upscaled models! thats exactly what I was looking for!

You're welcome. :) Some people like to still have that "vanilla" feel. So this update was for them.

greator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Look at all 3 Quistis in each mod, they are like different persons!
I hope someone can mix the upscaled faces and edited body textures together. This can make the character looks more original instead of completely different "actors".

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
Look at all 3 Quistis in each mod, they are like different persons!
I hope someone can mix the upscaled faces and edited body textures together. This can make the character looks more original instead of completely different "actors".

I was thinking this same thing.  I might give my own artistic skills a go at this one and update all of the faces and 'redraw' them based 100% on the original textures.. more like a re-creation than an upscale, but with the 'feel' of an upscale.

SuperWolf

• View Profile
Edit: The author of this mod released a fix for this. You can dl it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PL7Zl83hvcfbhQVI6OOZjnJA63upCWHQ/view

----------------------------------------

I found a bug. During the opening intro, there is a texture that appears off to the side. Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/82vdx5tejjd0yac/FF8-bug.bmp

How can I fix this?
« Last Edit: 2018-03-04 18:22:00 by SuperWolf »

Fendera

• Fast newbie
  • Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
I would love to see the original faces but with the updated textures for the clothes, I really like the original face look like you did with the "upscaled" version, but the clothes are not detailed like in the other versions. Any chance you could do that?

FatedCourage

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I would love to see the original faces but with the updated textures for the clothes, I really like the original face look like you did with the "upscaled" version, but the clothes are not detailed like in the other versions. Any chance you could do that?

I could always give it a shot. My only fear is it not looking natural or it might clash. But who knows? Have to fix Selphie in the upscales anyway... So I'll look while doing that.

Fendera

• Fast newbie
  • Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
I could always give it a shot. My only fear is it not looking natural or it might clash. But who knows? Have to fix Selphie in the upscales anyway... So I'll look while doing that.

That's nice to hear! Looking forward to it, thanks!

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
That's nice to hear! Looking forward to it, thanks!

I can definitely help out with this.  I have several texturing programs, and if I could get my hands on a good obj of the characters, then I could easily retexture them... however - the obj's available out there all have UV's that are offset. (outside of the normal UVW range) - and if the UVs are off, then my texturing process is borderline useless.  That being said, I can always help whip up a 'mix'

FatedCourage

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I can definitely help out with this.  I have several texturing programs, and if I could get my hands on a good obj of the characters, then I could easily retexture them... however - the obj's available out there all have UV's that are offset. (outside of the normal UVW range) - and if the UVs are off, then my texturing process is borderline useless.  That being said, I can always help whip up a 'mix'

That would be greatly appreciated. :)

CYRU5

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Will be looking forward for that release too