Author Topic: (ff7) Looking for a Global FAQ  (Read 1294 times)

Walter253

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
(ff7) Looking for a Global FAQ
« on: 2015-04-05 11:27:18 »
Hello people, first i apologize for this pointless thread but i'd to know if there is any global FAQ ? I tried the search function, I could not find it. I found the wiki but to be honest it's not so friendly user : I've no idea what search in wiki.
Also found this thread : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0 but it's for a specific mod.

By Global FAQ, I mean that get Question/Answer about modding and the game in general.
I would be sure my questions are not already answered somewhere. Still i made this thread for know that's unfortunate.
I'd prefer to find out the FAQ myself :X

More details: If I m looking for a FAQ it's mostly cause i don't know how to search correctly about a question.
English is not my first language, when an interrogation come in my mind like "what is the use of random number section in wall market ?" I just find nothing with the search function.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-05 11:55:01 by Walter253 »

NFITC1

• No life
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: (ff7) Looking for a Global FAQ
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-05 17:21:42 »
WM comes with a help file that explains what the RNGLUT (Random Number Generator Look-Up Table) is for. It is used for all the battle mechanics-related randomness like accuracy, damage modifiers and randomly picked targets.

As for a Universal FAQ (which is what I think the English term is for what you're wanting), it doesn't exist and likely won't. Best way to figure out what you want is to ask questions. Some of the users here are multilingual (either with French or Spanish) and might be able to communicate in your native language. What is your native language?

Walter253

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: (ff7) Looking for a Global FAQ
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-05 19:58:29 »
WM comes with a help file that explains what the RNGLUT (Random Number Generator Look-Up Table) is for. It is used for all the battle mechanics-related randomness like accuracy, damage modifiers and randomly picked targets.

Ok I got it, if I understand well I should not try to trick these numbers. I edited all the curve it was funny to see how it works, i'd like play with numbers. I'll read more the help file, it look like there is some information I still don't know!

As for a Universal FAQ (which is what I think the English term is for what you're wanting), it doesn't exist and likely won't. Best way to figure out what you want is to ask questions.

Well should I post any question on this thread or better to ask on specific aera?
Right now in my mind :
I've noticed something weird about stealing rate, when It is set to 63 (for boss) the first steal will always fail and then the second try will get the item as it should do before. It happened against Rufus and his dog.
This happen because the value 63 is to high and somehow that make an overflow? I was thinking I should make 32 instead to 63.

Some of the users here are multilingual (either with French or Spanish) and might be able to communicate in your native language. What is your native language?

I'm french, I would thanks you for you understanding. Anyway, I'd prefer talk in english, mostly for practice.

« Last Edit: 2015-04-05 20:02:09 by Walter253 »