Author Topic: Final Fantasy IX: David Bowie Edition  (Read 3147 times)

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
Re: Final Fantasy IX: David Bowie Edition
« Reply #25 on: 2020-03-18 03:22:07 »
Clem thank you for talking about the Mene issue. To fix it, try dumping all the field scripts, with comments for readability. Then look for the dialogue that Mene says when there are no chocographs to be found. You'll see a few boolean vars like Chocobo_NoFindChocograph and Chocobo_NoMoreChocograph around there, used to trigger the dialogue.
Those must be coherent with the changes we made.

EDIT: The link below is the modified script for Chocobo Forest that should work with your mod (and mine: i applied the same changes to chocograph avaliability as you did). Since this comes from an italian script, compare it to yours and apply the changes i made. Also, remember to apply the very same changes to Chocobo Lagoon and Air Garden's scripts. That entire portion of code is repeated among all three. If you happen to make some tests, please let me know how it goes.

https://pastebin.com/6z1f4KZM
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 15:11:30 by Caledor »

FFIXFAN

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2020-03-18 18:20:04 »
Last Question hopefully? Do u have to advance the storyline to a certain point to be able to find the last 2 chocograph pieces?

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2020-03-18 21:46:28 »
Finishing up Ipsen's castle should allow you to acquire the last two pieces. After you do that you can complete all of the Chocograph activities outright, outside of the shimmering island treasure of course.

Clem thank you for talking about the Mene issue. To fix it, try dumping all the field scripts, with comments for readability. Then look for the dialogue that Mene says when there are no chocographs to be found. You'll see a few boolean vars like Chocobo_NoFindChocograph and Chocobo_NoMoreChocograph around there, used to trigger the dialogue.
Those must be coherent with the changes we made.

EDIT: The link below is the modified script for Chocobo Forest that should work with your mod (and mine: i applied the same changes to chocograph avaliability as you did). Since this comes from an italian script, compare it to yours and apply the changes i made. Also, remember to apply the very same changes to Chocobo Lagoon and Air Garden's scripts. That entire portion of code is repeated among all three. If you happen to make some tests, please let me know how it goes.

https://pastebin.com/6z1f4KZM

Thanks Caledor, I'll give this a whirl and let you know how it goes.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #28 on: 2020-03-22 17:03:45 »
Tested it myself after reaching that part of the game:
I have a Mountain Chocobo, 4 Chocograph Pieces, 16 Chocograph, missing Green Plains, and Mene tells i can't find anymore.

EDIT: But it keeps telling me i can't find more after getting HG3, even though i actually can (and just did), so gotta fix it.

Paste updated to fix bugs.
https://pastebin.com/mYThL3tF

Also this time i wrote only Main_Loop since it's the only function updated, and wrote comments in the changed parts
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 16:28:09 by Caledor »

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2020-03-25 21:46:33 »
Good stuff, thanks. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, work is a circus right now and I haven't had much time to think about the mod. My hope is that I'll have some time to look at it this weekend.

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2020-04-13 21:28:13 »
After a hiatus I've gone back to working on the mod a little bit, I've thrown together a new update (also updated the link in the OP):

https://mega.nz/file/1toxGDLB#C-zK5PwMoB0QwzcbRX0cNYhLnY00WeORZTB3T7uS_6E

(Note that there was download up for a few hours pointing at a 1.02 version, if you got that and haven't installed the mod before, grab this and install it instead.)

This is a fairly small update, I've fixed the scripts for Chocobo Hot and Cold so that Mene should now properly prompt the player when there aren't currently any available Chocographs to dig up. Thanks to Caledor for the info on how to do that, worked like a charm.

Additionally I've completely redone the scripting for the Quale fight. If I'm being honest, he was totally an afterthought in the first release and I didn't really spend a whole lot of time on him (IE, I literally didn't touch his script at all and just kind of shrugged). He should be a lot tougher now, far more than vanilla, but not impossible or anything. Hades is probably still the hardest optional fight at present barring Ozma.

Going forward my plan is to change up some of the encounters, specifically in Memoria. One thing I've never liked about the area is that almost every fight is against one big tough enemy, which is fine but causes certain attacks and techniques to wind up far more useful than others, so I'd like to add encounters that feature a more diverse array of enemies. Not entirely sure what it's going to wind up looking like, but I've got some ideas that might wind up being fun.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14 03:36:18 by Clem Fandango »