Author Topic: Is it possible to disable crit flash in FFVII?  (Read 1324 times)

Giud

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Is it possible to disable crit flash in FFVII?
« on: 2016-01-15 13:51:58 »
Hey there, I was just wondering if it's possible to remove the screen flash that happens when you score a critical hit in Final Fantasy VII( Omnislash as well)? Always found it to be a bit hard on the eyes. Oh, and I'm referring to the PS1 version.

walkinghawking

• Fast newbie
  • Weapon killer
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to disable crit flash in FFVII?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-15 18:07:02 »
Hey there, I was just wondering if it's possible to remove the screen flash that happens when you score a critical hit in Final Fantasy VII( Omnislash as well)? Always found it to be a bit hard on the eyes. Oh, and I'm referring to the PS1 version.

I had an old tube TV when I played through FF7 for the first time.  Crit flash actually destroyed it, no joke.  Each time I used it, the image on the display would fizzle and start to fold over about 2" near the top.  It was an Omnislash in Battle Square that dealt the final blow.  Three crits in a row right in the middle of the combo left me with a black fizzling screen.  I went two months before my parents got me a new TV on Christmas and I was able to pick up my game again.   :-o

Kaldarasha

• No life
  • Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-15 18:48:40 »
I guess these full screen effects doesn't even exist on PC. :cry:

Giud

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-16 05:23:27 »
Holy crap @walkinghawking, but yeah, I think the effect is way too overdone and removing it would increase my enjoyment of the game considerably.