Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII original renders  (Read 3250 times)

mikevincent

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII original renders
« on: 2016-05-22 19:38:49 »
I don't know if this has been discussed before. But I found this, and it seems like they are in higher resolution than from the game. Of course not to high, since they were probably made 1994-95 .. well, is this background renders in higher resolution?

If so, who is  MattPannella and does he have more?

http://imgur.com/a/shRaP

mikevincent

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII original renders
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-22 19:45:39 »
Maybe it is in original resolution I don't know. Sorry if I made anyone happy first.

Fischkopf

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-22 20:43:20 »
These look like original resolution to me.

BesideTheVoid

• Fast newbie
  • formerly known as ProtoArmor
    • View Profile
    • Official BesideTheVoid Productions Website
« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-07 16:00:10 »
They look higher res but really they are just zoomed out. Whenever you see the original 1997 game assets extracted from the game you see them that way. However, only a small portion of each field image is shown on the screen at one time (where you are walking) so the result is far more pixelated than looking at the whole thing on the screen at one time. For better resolution, you'll have to install mods such as ones that up-res backgrounds (perhaps http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12260.0 ). Some backgrounds have been recreated (see Team Avalanche category of the forum) but there are so many backgrounds in the game that recreating the models can take years with a small team even if they work on it consistently.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-07 16:03:19 by BesideTheVoid »