Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Tonberry Master List - FF8 Mods Progress  (Read 31144 times)

spoonyrogdrumps

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Tonberry Master List - FF8 Mods Progress
« Reply #25 on: 2017-12-01 06:17:47 »
Great collection of mods and I did purchase the Pandora mod pack. Playing through the game when I came across the part where squall is carrying Rinoa on the train tracks to Esthar their bodies disappear behind a block whenever they pass a light pole.  I did a fresh install leaving out Project Eden and Rebirth Flame

I thought by chance that might fix what I saw plus some other odd glitches or blimps/misplaced lines in the background.  I think using Edens textures with Angelwings hashmaps has some hiccups.  Unfortunately, I didn't save anywhere around the train tracks so I'll have to track down a save at that point to see if this fixes it.  I also notice that the characters blink their eyes with the original textures.  I actually would like a character mod that upscales the current pixels much like Angelwings backgrounds.  The characters are a little too plastic in Rebirth Flame if you know what I mean.

Otherwise great set of mods!  I look forward to more and hopefully a Final Fantasy VIII remake before I die.  One can hope.

Spoony
Proud owner of Asus ROG gaming products

Falkenauge123

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-12-21 13:54:33 »
I have a problem. I start the game there is no change. can someone tell me exactly what to do?
is it normal that at the beginning of the installation an error occurs which one must skip?
the error is https://picload.org/view/ddrwlolr/unbenannt.png.html

i use the installer
« Last Edit: 2017-12-25 18:13:25 by Falkenauge123 »

ekma

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017-12-26 14:14:32 »
Thanks McIndus. I've been lurking the forums around here since 2005-ish and it's incredible to see how far the FF8 mods have come. Needless to say I paid for the modpack straight up!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!
« Last Edit: 2017-12-26 14:16:03 by ekma »

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #28 on: 2018-01-05 16:49:30 »
Thanks McIndus. I've been lurking the forums around here since 2005-ish and it's incredible to see how far the FF8 mods have come. Needless to say I paid for the modpack straight up!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and drop those kind words on us!  I hope you love the mods!

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #29 on: 2018-02-09 01:36:10 »
Just updated the original post with a link to the Tonberry Modding Tutorial - I figured I should have everything in the same place.
Here's the link to that tutorial for those that are interested!
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17263.msg245575#msg245575

jubs1982

• View Profile
Installer not working
« Reply #30 on: 2018-02-21 14:19:32 »
Hello I donated the suggested amount and got the installer.  Everything seemed to install fine, but when I run Lunatic Pandora I get as follows

FF8_Launcher.EXE deos not exsist

Attempting to load by Process Name (FF8_EN.EXE)...
Still Wating... click "PLAY!"

I have no play button to click how ever and I cannot seem to get any further then this.  Any help?

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #31 on: 2018-02-21 20:30:00 »
If you installed it and it created a duplicate folder FINAL FANTASY VIII/FINAL FANTASY VIII/ - then make sure you dump the contents of the duplicate folder into the main FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder.  It looks like that might be your issue, jubs.  If this doesn't solve the problem, please email me at [email protected] so that we can resolve your issues :)

pairos

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2018-03-10 11:33:29 »
i have the hope to play FF VIII with mods that add new magics, GFs ,etc i know its difficult but i want it xD, thx for all this mods on this post
« Last Edit: 2018-03-10 11:41:39 by pairos »

wilsonl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2018-05-18 07:13:15 »
Hello, Mcindus.

I want to make a big progress with FF8's background fields, they are 4x than original(new custom fields use my custom photos and datas.)

but I don't know how to output and arrange like project Eden and project Angelwing.

Can you contact me with personal message?