Author Topic: [FFX-2 HD STEAM] Idea: Replace Yuna field model with Rikku field model?  (Read 2294 times)

Tetraspore

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to replace Yuna's field model with Rikku's field model? You run around briefly as Rikku in the beginning of the game, the only thing I could think that would mess this idea up would be if Rikku's field model lacks all of the animations required like jumping, opening chests etc.

neptune00

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I am despereately looking for this for years.

Are there any news regarding this?

neptune00

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Anybody help?

neptune00

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone read this or anything, but I managed to replace Yunas model in FFX-2 with Rikku. But the only problem is, I can move the model, but there is no walking animation or any animation. I don't know what am I missing. Please, if anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Tetraspore

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
The animations are packaged per character, I think. So the game is saying "hey play animation "yuna_walk" " but the Rikku model doesn't have the animation named "yuna_walk", so she doesn't animate. I could be wrong though, this is mostly just a hunch

UpRisen

• Crazy poster
  • Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Im unfamilliar with the way x and x-2 work with their file structure but if you extract the textures for both yuna and riku then rearrange the contents of the images to be in the same spots as the other then their textures will be swapped. This will make yuna look like riku but she will still have yunas animations. This is a crappy way to do it though as the parts of the texutres have to be in the exact same location and size and may actually be impossible based on how they uv mapped the models. I suppose you could always just change the uv map for yuna to fit rikus texture file, again this is a poor option but is a valid way to do it.