Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7. Not Happy. SPOILERS!  (Read 6569 times)

DLPB

• No life
  • For I realized that God's a young man, too.
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7. Not Happy. SPOILERS!
« Reply #25 on: 2019-04-29 22:27:42 »
Yeah.  It's well and truly over.  We've found out for sure that these two twits can't write themselves out of a wet paper bag.

Another great show that turned into a clusterfuck of bad writing and Hollycrap drivel.  Season 8 Episode 3 is the final nail.  It's beyond belief what's happened to this show really.

I'll be watching the rest only because of the time I've invested in it, but I'd much rather strangle Daniel Weiss and David Benioff to death.

hotdog963al

• Crazy poster
  • Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #26 on: 2019-04-30 22:55:19 »
I was hoping for more of a dark plot twist, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The battle itself had me practically cacking myself throughout, so that's something positive at least.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2019-04-30 23:07:39 »
When no real danger is remotely possible to loads of the main characters, I have the opposite feeling. I was bored.

hotdog963al

• Crazy poster
  • Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #28 on: 2019-05-03 08:20:47 »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2019-05-03 08:57:04 »
lol  He's right.   ;D

The episode is as brainless as writing can ever be.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-03 09:00:08 by DLPB »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • No life
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 2019-05-04 01:14:22 »
I was sooooo disappointed. Clearly the writers aren't on the same page as GRRM  :(

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2019-05-04 01:37:53 »
They're thick as dog strawberries.

DragRopes

• Friendly Neighborhood Batman
  • Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2019-05-04 06:43:50 »
Holy strawberries DLPB, we actually agree on something!  Although I'll admit, I'm not unhappy about this, the show fell the fern apart once they ran out of source material; so I just turn my brain off and enjoy the spectacle; so from that perspective, I've been pretty satisfied, although this season has been spectacularly dumb.

On the bright side though; CLEGANEBOWL IS COMING 100% CONFIRMED GET HYPE

DragRopes

• Freak
    • View Profile

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2019-05-04 12:19:59 »
Shame is... it's no longer the mountain.  It's just a weird mute zombie.

DragRopes

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2019-05-04 21:02:48 »
CLEGANEBOWL

ferning

CONFIRMED

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2019-05-05 00:10:48 »
It's not really a shock that it came to all this though, is it?  The writing has been getting worse season on season since they left the books behind.  And even before that, as I mentioned previously, Dumb & Dumber were making foolish mistakes and deviating from the actual plot for no logical reason. Even when GOT was a 10/10 show, there were clear signs that they would be useless once GRRM's material ran out.

DragRopes

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2019-05-05 20:37:16 »
It's not really a shock that it came to all this though, is it?  The writing has been getting worse season on season since they left the books behind.  And even before that, as I mentioned previously, Dumb & Dumber were making foolish mistakes and deviating from the actual plot for no logical reason. Even when GOT was a 10/10 show, there were clear signs that they would be useless once GRRM's material ran out.

Yeah, I'm one of those that think it took a sharp dive pretty much as soon as they ran out of books.  On the bright side, CLEGANEBOWL 100% CONFIRMED GET HYPE.  Cleganebowl is basically the only thing I actually WANT out of the show still; not even because it'd be awesome writing; just the sheer shitlordery of it is very amusing to me.

EDIT: also, if you thought last week was bad; just wait until you watch this week's.  Lots of stupid.  There was some stupid last week that wound up not being AS stupid in context (IE I thought the dead starks rising in the crypts was going to be dumb; but the way they wound up doing it, in the second siege wasn't too stupid.  It was how that second siege was used that was stupid AF), but this week is just gonna be stupid after stupid after stupid
« Last Edit: 2019-05-05 20:42:08 by DragRopes »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2019-05-05 21:25:57 »
Well, if GoT was a game of chess... the writers made it a triple check and mate.

How can they possibly make Cersei a threat at this point?  They've just dispatched the greatest foe on the planet who also had a zombie dragon. Dany has 2 dragons left that can reduce an entire army to ash in minutes.

We all know how.  They're going to make every illogical piece of magic wand writing under the sun to force the ending they want. Where is Game of Thrones ranking in terms of crazy, useless endings?

1. Battlestar Galactica (new series)
2. Lost
3. GoT?
4. Deep Space Nine

Honourable mention for Big Bang Theory.

Honestly, though... no show has disappointed me with an ending as much as GoT.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-05 21:29:09 by DLPB »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2019-05-06 03:29:01 »
Half the latest episode was logical... half of it was just as we expected it would be... ridiculous.  Contrived.  And Cersei is somehow more powerful than the White Walkers. Lmao.  In order to make this piddly little battle work, they've had to throw out all reason and logic and do whatever they want.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 03:36:47 by DLPB »

hotdog963al

• Crazy poster
  • Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #40 on: 2019-05-06 12:22:13 »
You should watch Dexter next

LordUrQuan

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2019-05-06 13:04:04 »
1. Battlestar Galactica (new series)
Yeah, talk about jumping the shark.  New Caprica, say what???  (but I still think the "Adama maneuver" was pretty sick)

Umm... how about any decent sci-fi series Fox picked up, like Firefly or Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles?

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2019-05-06 13:50:52 »
Firefly had a great last episode and a very good season - and was cancelled due to incompetent producers.  The show itself didn't disappoint me at all.  Looking at how Game of Thrones has turned out... it might be a good thing for all shows to be terminated in season 1.

I never watched Sarah Connor nonsense...  spin offs like that are always going to be poor as hell.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 17:20:42 by DLPB »

LordUrQuan

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2019-05-06 17:20:46 »
Firefly had a great last episode and a very good season - and was cancelled.  The show itself didn't disappoint me at all.
It was cancelled despite doing well in the important categories.  'Nuff said.

I never watched Sarah Connor nonsense...  spin offs like that are always going to be poor as hell.
If you've got DVD Netflix, give it a shot (don't know if it's on streaming or not).  It was reasonably well-written (especially when compared to the likes of Galactica and DS9, both of which Ron Moore was involved with), and was getting into how the players in the future (being SkyNet and the Resistance) were sending back more than just "Kill ___" and "Protect ___" missions, but almost playing a game of chess against not only each other, but even itself (especially SkyNet).  Oh... and Summer Glau is easy on the eyes, and she was also in both series (do I see a pattern?)

Oh, and there aren't any misplaced Starbucks coffee cups in SCC like there are in GOT:  https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/05/06/game-of-throne-season-8-episode-4-coffee-cup-mistake-daenerys/
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 17:25:03 by LordUrQuan »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2019-05-06 17:36:05 »
At least it doesn't feature a special guest appearance of a Starbucks cup due to utter incompetence and laziness.  Right now, I'd be tempted to punch D&D square in the face if I saw them.

--
edit

Haha, you edited your post with the same as me.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 17:43:01 by DLPB »

LordUrQuan

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2019-05-06 17:47:54 »
edit

Haha, you edited your post with the same as me.
Here, have some karma :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2019-05-06 18:37:35 »
You should watch Dexter next
Oh, good heavens. Four excellent seasons, one meh season, two crap seasons, and then season 8 was the single worst season of a television program I have ever seen, capped with the single worst episode of television I've seen, a finale so stupid that it makes the rest of the season look brilliant by comparison.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2019-05-06 19:00:10 »
Yeah, the consensus everywhere is "Don't watch Dexter", so I definitely won't haha!

Is it worth watching season 1 or does it end on a cliffhanger?  I'm not going to invest time for nothing.

LordUrQuan

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2019-05-06 19:04:39 »
I'm not going to invest time for nothing.
Watch Babylon 5 instead.  Netflix reviewer said it best... "Season 1 showed the lack of budget they had, but so much that happens later in the series depends on things inconspicuously laid out previously."

DragRopes

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2019-05-06 19:11:19 »
Yeah, talk about jumping the shark.  New Caprica, say what???  (but I still think the "Adama maneuver" was pretty sick)

Funnily enough, I'm actually re-watching BSG right now.  Say what you will about it (and MY GOD is there a lot to say.  It's not exactly a good show, but I still love it); but the ending does make sense in context of the rest of the series.  They generally hint at something of the sort throughout the whole show.  They just implemented it....poorly, for lack of a better word; blame the Mormons.