Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7. Not Happy. SPOILERS!  (Read 7372 times)

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7. Not Happy. SPOILERS!
« Reply #100 on: 2019-05-23 04:02:32 »
It's OK, it's over now! I loved it. Have fun waiting for your books :D

Good that you liked it, not trying to take that away, but what do you think about the writing for the last 2-3 seasons? I mean, it's possible to enjoy a show but still acknowledge the writing is bad, lacking, etc. One of my favorite movies is The Room. That movie is bad at a level beyond human comprehension. It was made by an alien after all.

DLPB

• No life
  • For I realized that God's a young man, too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2019-05-23 12:58:01 »
@destroyedweapon

I am not sure there was any falling out.  The bottom line is they ran out of the author's books and were found out as crap writers.  And then they got sick of the show and wanted to move on.  It takes a lot of effort to write a good story.  They didn't want to put in that level of effort and it shows.

Maybe if they'd stuck to Martin's novels it would have been easier, but the hardest part of a complicated story is ending it properly and making sure it all comes together in an organic way.  D&D aren't very good writers.  They couldn't do it, didn't want to do it, and clearly had too much ego to get more people involved to help.

destroyedweapon

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2019-05-23 16:38:47 »
It seems so, they are the ones who started inventing things and then they r too lazy to wrap it up. No wonder Sansa always felt off for me, it was their move. I guess their excuse was "thats not good TV George, we know whats good TV".

In fact, even the actress herself has made comment about how silly that is.
Yes, in the back of the scenes of the slaughter episode she says something like "they want me to appear dead for second and then recover, but the audience is too smart for that..." she also appears with a very insecure posture.
The writers also actually say they wanted her there only so you would care more for that scene, not for plot. They just thought of "cool scenes" not the story as a whole, leaving this mess behind.

I mean, it's possible to enjoy a show but still acknowledge the writing is bad, lacking, etc. One of my favorite movies is The Room. That movie is bad at a level beyond human comprehension. It was made by an alien after all.
The thing is we spected something deep but we got something empty just for easy entertaiment and laziness, I guess I also blame cocain for their inflated ego.
One thing is if you start watching something you know is bad just out of curiosity or fun or because some aspects of it you like, another is to have quality that turns to emptiness in the end.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 17:45:59 by destroyedweapon »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2019-05-23 21:23:16 »
 :-D

"Danny kinda forgot the Iron fleet"..... Really? But really?.....
rcsc716 May 2019
Warning: Spoilers
Every time I heard this sentence from one of the two donkeys, I just feel to downgrade the rating of this episode. Poor Daenerys! The two donkeys just transformed Danny in a silly and ingenuous girl, with no competent military advisers, behaving in a very dummy way (same as D&D) in her journey to Dragonstone riding Drogon.

I'm not going to talk about the other silly things in this episode, but "Danny forgot the Iron Fleet"... Danny forgot to scout the skies with her dragons... Danny lost the flying Rhaegal hit by three consecutive high precision GPS guided scorpion arrows... BRAVO!! Terrific writing skills!... George RR Martin couldn't have done better... I'm so disappointed and Mad with the weak, lazy, brainless writing of these two donkeys... I just used to love GoT. I watched all the seasons, I was completely addicted to it, read the books, had my expectations on the top, was counting the days, the minutes for the start of Season 8. And then this... "Danny kinda forgot the Iron fleet"... unfortunately, this sentence, like what happened in the previous episode, tells everything about what is going to be Season 8 of GoT, courtesy of Donkey and Donkey.

destroyedweapon

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2019-05-23 21:34:58 »
I can only imagine what they said for the final episode because for some reason there is no back of the scenes for that one, no wonder after the "kinda forgot.." fiasco.

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2019-05-23 21:37:15 »
Imagine having that lack of logic as a writer hahahahaha

destroyedweapon

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2019-05-23 22:18:43 »
At least the comments on the videos are halarius. "Pu$$y game so bad it made him cross a whole continent for his sister's cooch", "Jamie had post-nut clarity".

Also here another massive plot fail I haven't thought of yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yf7QtvjtEI

White Walkers can't touch you or they'll freeze you... he grabs Arya by the neck.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 22:52:59 by destroyedweapon »

DLPB

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2019-05-23 22:55:11 »
lmao!

destroyedweapon

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2019-05-24 03:12:03 »
Also here Daenerys Storms King's Landing, but to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHlCiB98N4

Just tryin' to make the best out of this, is right on sync, well done.