Author Topic: [FF8PC Steam] Tonberry Mods not working  (Read 779 times)

DaiNekoIchi

• View Profile
[FF8PC Steam] Tonberry Mods not working
« on: 2018-03-03 17:47:10 »
Hi,

I am currently running the game on Windows 10 64-bit.

I have done the following:

• Installed DirectX and VC++
  • I have installed Tonberry and their mods correctly (assuming they're in the correct locations)
    Screenshots of where my files are placed:
    Spoiler: show

• Installed and run GeDoSaTo
  • Installed RaW (working)

I've also tried disabling GeDoSaTo and using one hashmap at a time, it seems like nothing is working though.

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC Steam] Tonberry Mods not working
« Reply #1 on: 2018-03-05 22:49:53 »
Do you have Net 4.0 Framework installed at least?  Do you have any monitoring programs, etc. running?

Where did you get the direct x 9c install?  You need the June 2010 DirectX Developer Runtimes, not the web-installer 'fix'.
Your folders look good, your .dll's look ok.. etc.

If you have an unofficial version, I'm pretty sure Tonberry won't work (not sure why) and getting one has fixed a few people's issues.
Some others had to reinstall FF8 from Steam and then install Tonberry and -that- worked.

Your OS is on C?  if so, you won't need to change prefs.txt in /tonberry - let me know if any of this helped!

DaiNekoIchi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-10 02:15:10 »
Do you have Net 4.0 Framework installed at least?  Do you have any monitoring programs, etc. running?

Where did you get the direct x 9c install?  You need the June 2010 DirectX Developer Runtimes, not the web-installer 'fix'.
Your folders look good, your .dll's look ok.. etc.

If you have an unofficial version, I'm pretty sure Tonberry won't work (not sure why) and getting one has fixed a few people's issues.
Some others had to reinstall FF8 from Steam and then install Tonberry and -that- worked.

Your OS is on C?  if so, you won't need to change prefs.txt in /tonberry - let me know if any of this helped!

Yes I do have Net 4.0 Framework. Also, what do you mean by monitoring programs? Can you cite a few examples?

For the directX yes I've downloaded the Developer runtimes!

I have an official Steam version, so I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue. Tried reinstalling as well but it didn't seem to work.

My OS is also on C, so I haven't touched prefs.txt in /tonberry as well.

However, I've tried downgrading to Tonberry 1.6, and that seems to make everything work, albeit the world map being a bit laggy.
I'm running an NVidia Graphics card if that would help.

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-10 20:33:48 »
Yes I do have Net 4.0 Framework. Also, what do you mean by monitoring programs? Can you cite a few examples?

For the directX yes I've downloaded the Developer runtimes!

I have an official Steam version, so I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue. Tried reinstalling as well but it didn't seem to work.

My OS is also on C, so I haven't touched prefs.txt in /tonberry as well.

However, I've tried downgrading to Tonberry 1.6, and that seems to make everything work, albeit the world map being a bit laggy.
I'm running an NVidia Graphics card if that would help.

Honestly, with the issue you're describing - it seems like it's still the direct x issues - do NOT use the web installer - it does not install the d3d9, directdraw, or directsound fixes.... can you email me at [email protected] so we can keep working on this?

Monitoring programs include anything that can pop up an overlay or intercept .dll's, etc. like afterburner, certain anti-virus, etc.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-10 21:01:58 by Mcindus »