Author Topic: Final Fantasy IX Battle UI Fix  (Read 426 times)

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
  • Hate is a weak emotion.
    • View Profile
    • FF9:FF:EMR:TZA
Final Fantasy IX Battle UI Fix
« on: 2018-06-15 09:16:52 »
*Updated to Vr.1.2; see readme for details.*

I have managed to get a workable BattleUI shrink, as promised. Now, it is not 1:1 with PSX (e.g. Defend/Change commanded with left/right, that's still a grey area), but, it's excessive largeness is cleared, that's a start.

There are some things to note:
The Ability and Item Panel are unchanged. At the moment, if scaled down, it causes the Ability and Item scroll lists to bug out when scrolling further down the ability or item panel. (It looks good for about the first 5 items displayed on screen, but the rest fade away).
The Info (Help) panel is also left unchanged as I am unsure where that panel is found.

Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHAsJK6Qxm8

In the archive there are a series of folders:

Original UI Fix
Alternate Fantasy UI
Alternate Fantasy UI HD
HD Backgrounds UI

These folders contain this BattleUI fix for the vanilla game (no mods) and each of the current mods out right now.

*Link updated with readme.

Download
« Last Edit: 2018-07-03 00:18:53 by Incinerator »

resinate

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IX Battle UI Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-18 19:05:57 »
yea that shrink was thanks to me BOY, even have it on live stream when i designed it too.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273348101 time split at 1h54m mins give credits or be banned up to u, it even shows u in chat on me teaching you
« Last Edit: 2018-06-18 19:11:47 by resinate »

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-18 20:43:41 »
seriously, don't come here derailing this thread.

resinate

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-18 22:29:49 »
dont come here releasing stuff that aint yours and not giving credits.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-18 22:31:35 by resinate »

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-06-19 01:05:04 »
I'll let the mods deal with you; I do not have time for your presence.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-06-19 01:11:47 »
Yes, let the mods deal. I'm a little confused by the Twitch video; resinate, you are saying you designed this code, yes?

Incinerator, did you design this yourself, or did you copy code that someone else made and fail to credit them?

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-06-19 02:08:36 »
Yes, let the mods deal. I'm a little confused by the Twitch video; resinate, you are saying you designed this code, yes?

Incinerator, did you design this yourself, or did you copy code that someone else made and fail to credit them?

I did this myself; I used this code:

1:
Code: [Select]
this.CommandPanel.GetComponent<UIWidget>();
float newX = 164f;
base.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(newX, base.transform.localPosition.y, base.transform.localPosition.z);
base.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(newX, base.transform.localPosition.y, base.transform.localPosition.z);
float newY = 0f;
base.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(newY, base.transform.localPosition.x, base.transform.localPosition.z);
base.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(newY, base.transform.localPosition.x, base.transform.localPosition.z);
this.CommandPanel.GetComponent<UIWidget>().width = -180;
this.CommandPanel.GetComponent<UIWidget>().height = -150;

2:
Code: [Select]
ButtonGroupState.SetPointerOffsetToGroup(new Vector2(96f, 0f), BattleHUD.TargetGroupButton);
ButtonGroupState.SetPointerOffsetToGroup(new Vector2(60f, 0f), BattleHUD.CommandGroupButton);
this.CommandPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
this.TargetPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
                        this.PartyDetailPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
this.hpStatusPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
this.mpStatusPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
this.goodStatusPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
                        this.AbilityPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
                        this.ItemPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
this.badStatusPanel.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.65f, 0.65f, 0.65f);

To apply this to not only the PartyDetailPanel, but also the relative CommandPanel, Good/Bad Status Panels and the Ability and Item Panels.
I also had to use my own code to fix the cursor position as initially shrinking it made the cursor pointer off in the X-axis.

Also, this code works only for those who do not use Memoria. This thread is compatible for mods like Tirilititi's Alternate Fantasy, my mod, and HD backgrounds by Fraggoso.
It's also for the vanilla game without use of Memoria.

In resinate's Memoria code is strictly use for Memoria; is a compeltely different code ina different method and it only edits the PartyDetailPanel, nothing else. It is different from the code I used above.

Also, you hear resinate state that he, himself ripped his code he uses with Memoria from someone else. Such contradiction.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-19 02:17:48 by Incinerator »

resinate

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-06-19 07:58:47 »
that second part of his code was based on mine. and used it to apply it all other menus. 1st part is his, but the vector scaling was mine, it was mine cuz i tweaked the code that alrdy existed. old code would rescale menu repeatly mine does not.

my patches i made can also be re-applied to vanilla game also i chose not to

but its fine tho, i made several more fixes that no one has been able to fix so far, and i do live stream it every night.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-19 08:02:20 by resinate »

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-06-19 09:02:52 »
@Covarr, if we're finished;
May he leave the thread and end the derail.
I'm certainly not here to play 'point the finger/tag you did it; no you did'.

resinate

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-06-19 11:50:06 »
why do u refuse to mention my name anywhere on credits? thats what we all wanna know. u clearly admitted to stealing the base code from my stream??

w/e once a thief always a thief. your 100% on ur own now when it comes to modding. cuz me and tril wont help u anymore
« Last Edit: 2018-06-19 11:51:55 by resinate »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-06-19 16:02:43 »
Okay, so let me get this straight:

1. You are both working from an original, already-existing game and its original, already-existing codebase.
2. I only see a single line of code in common between what Incinerator posted and what's visible in resinate's twitch stream.
3. From what I can tell, this is the only way to achieve UI scaling that works correctly while dealing with aforementioned already-existing codebase.
4. Any coder to successfully accomplish the same thing without seeing this stream would still end up with the same code.

It doesn't seem reasonable to me to claim code theft when there's literally no other way to do it within the framework provided by the game's existing code.

THAT BEING SAID, Incinerator, you really should include a readme with your download, that includes things like installation instructions and changelog and, yes, credits. While I don't think this constitutes code theft by any reasonable definition, a single line in a readme that says "thanks to resinate for helping to find how to do this" would be the decent thing to do, since it is overwhelmingly clear that he DID help you find it.

But seriously, you're both being extraordinarily petty. Stop it.

Incinerator

• Zodiac Knight
  • Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2018-06-19 21:33:50 »
I'm not being petty, fact I'm done with this bull crap, modding everything. I've done what I've what done with game in modding; I'm done now.
@resinate
I don't give a damn if you don't want to help; I'm done. This is just extra now; go on about your life, or sit here and cry about it throughout; I don't care, I'm done.
Seriously, grow outta this.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-06 22:10:20 by Incinerator »