Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Partial Re-translation & Restored Extra Unused Dialog v1.0  (Read 343 times)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
\Final Fantasy VIII\Data\lang-en\field.fs

PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... ABOUT 280MB ONCE EXTRACTED...

INSTALL BY EXTRACTING & REPLACING YOUR ORIGINAL FIELD.FS ... BUT BACK IT UP 1ST...
WINRAR SPLIT ARCHIVE ... JUST HAVE THEM ALL TOGETHER IT'LL MERGE FOR YOU UPON EXTRACTION...

modified for enabling some unused dialog + partial Re-translation of parts of the game...
for eg, used up to 5 translations for some parts, cross-referencing to keep it canon...
(JPN, FRE, ITA, GER, SPA... compared to Eng
) being bilingual helped ...

Too many changes to list, but i will say i spent 8-10 hours on this in total so far, and i did bother to fix Doctor Odine's Speech Impediment finally after all these years...

i've tested most of the changes on the Re-Re-Release version... mod is only for English mode...
let me know if you encounter any bugs to fix...

PS: i'm about 80% done upscaling MAGIC + a few GF... it's Looking Great already IMO... i think i'll name the mod: LA MAGICA....
I'm Also Working on RECOLORFY FFVIII... a color saturation tweak to all the other existing mods... i've already shown a few comparison on discord to few people... this one is almost done, but it'll be a big upload... so bare with me and my limited upload rate...

PS: also Wild Mike if you see this, know inspired me to put in twice as many hours, to get my mods done faster, hopefully in time for your #3rd live stream if not at least you'll gradually be able to drop in the mod-packs...

Enjoy

UPDATE:
here is a torrent link alternatively since the previous links have been unreliable thus far...
https://nofile.io/f/ZBaYHKbqevd/FF8+-+Partial+ReTranslation+++Unused+Lines.torrent
« Last Edit: 2018-06-21 06:09:44 by qotsaninsoadkorn »