Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] La Magica HD v2.0 - Magic + Limit Breaks + most GF Effects Upscale  (Read 898 times)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
LATEST V2:
https://nofile.io/f/9Pw6wOFtSuy/FF8+-+LaMAGICA+Upscale+-+V2.torrent

Older V1
https://nofile.io/f/Fu7k9kSrKar/FF8+-+LaMagica+HD+MOD.torrent

"LaMagicaHD - v2_hm.csv" copy to :
Final Fantasy VIII\tonberry\hashmap

and copy the "lm" folder to :
Final Fantasy VIII\textures\lm

6000+ textures so far...
some bugs are likely, but i have tested most things...
sometimes it's just too stretched even with this upscale...
but mostly i think all the magic is looking great now with this...

i did notice one GF got an unexpected new look...
i'll try to fix reported bugs (via Qhimm) + Carbuncle in the next version...  :-o

ENJOY

overall i think about 90-95% of magic is done...
Holy, Ultima, Apocalypse
protect, shell... etc...

regarding unique boss abilities: i've just done final boss all phases...
might of missed a few of the textures that are smaller then 256x256 for eg...
need to revisit every fight with unique abilties to capture enemy textures...

started progress with some GFs...
for eg... Tonberry was only about 10 textures so it's complete...
at least partially did Chocobo + Phoenix summons via items too...
eden appears to use hundreds of textures to do moving backgrounds...
it might slow down the game for some people to do the backgrounds for bahamut/eden style GFs... need to experiment a bit maybe...  :evil:

also did a few limit breaks...
duel, angelo cannon, angel wing, renzokuken + extra moves...
ward's harpoon move + kiro's...  :mrgreen:

also regarding items... i think i covered most... potions, hero, pd, pp, gg, remedy... etc...
« Last Edit: 2018-06-23 17:42:50 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] La Magica HD v1.0 - Magic Upscale
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-23 16:20:28 »
https://nofile.io/f/9Pw6wOFtSuy/FF8+-+LaMAGICA+Upscale+-+V2.torrent

Torrent Link for V2... Hopefully it seeds well, it got allot bigger then v1, but i have a plan to try to cut out some duplicate files to reduce size in v3 eventually...
compared to v1... v2 also has many more limit breaks done... almost everything except Zell's Final Heaven and Angelo's moves other then Cannon...
so Renzokuken including finishers = DONE... some of the fire still looks pixelated at 4x upscale + smoothed no matter what i do it's just too small... but rest is :)
Irvine done... Selphie's The End still needs some work...  i think i finished the last of Quistis's Blue Magic aswell now :)

Lionheart's Finisher is a good example to test out...
« Last Edit: 2018-06-23 17:29:04 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

SuperBeast

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Any chance of screenshots?  Would like to know if this is worth downloading as the torrent is very slow.  Any chance this could be uploaded to mega?

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
https://nofile.io/f/XFDjtEyab1m/LaMAGICA+V2+MOD+Screenshots.rar

La MAGICA - V2 Screen-shots only... just a few i had around from rechecking certain things up close...
certain small fire effects are the only thing imo that even with 4x upscale are still a bit pixelated... less noticeable in motion compared to screen-shots though...

regarding the initial seeding speed... i luckily have a friend helping to seed so once it hit 100% it'll be much faster for everyone...
until then, thanks for your patience... will try to keep 100% uptime...

I've since started working on the battlefields/backgrounds...
based on existing mods... Redoing edges mainly + also improved color saturation a little...

jasmer

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Seconding the possibility of uploading to Mega....

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
jasmer & SuperBeast... we're now past 60%... once seeding reaches 100% i welcome one of you with a MEGA account to host a mirror... :)

I've also been working on an update/tweak to the battlefield mod pack... Color Saturation Adjustments + Re-cut Edges on all the pixelated overlayed layers... mountains / buildings etc...
« Last Edit: 2018-06-26 03:28:33 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
jasmer & SuperBeast... we're now past 60%... once seeding reaches 100% i welcome one of you with a MEGA account to host a mirror... :)

I've also been working on an update/tweak to the battlefield mod pack... Color Saturation Adjustments + Re-cut Edges on all the pixelated overlayed layers... mountains / buildings etc...

I've been seeding this for two days lol... hopefully we get to 100%

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
oh nice, your here too :)
i gradually got worse with the filenames as you'll notice...
ps: in case someone wanted to redo this from scratch with more organized filenames, i used...

Tonberry debug mode + FF8 in-game :) to get the .bmp

Renamer Lite = batch renaming to remove space or brackets etc...

Bulk Image Converter v2.0.1.0 by slade73 = to batch convert .bmp to .png (without issues i had with others)

ImBatch = to batch resize 1024x1024... added a little color saturation to some things, slight blur/unfocus to some...
Paint.net = when i wasn't doing batch processing... i'd love to find a batch processing plugin for this one...
not saying they are the best programs... just what i managed to use...

Berrymapper to get the hashmaps... :)

i still wanted to find out about the textures that were smaller then 256x256 for eg, many 128x256 / 256x128 etc that i wasn't sure whether to stretch to 1024x1024 or upscale 4x res...

and was there a way to check the hashmap file for duplicates automatically? with close to 7000 textures...

« Last Edit: 2018-06-26 07:02:47 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, having like 7 or so seeders so for something this big is nice...
i'll try my best to shrink the size of the next release for this mod in particular...
« Last Edit: 2018-06-28 12:00:44 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

principealex1

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
@qotsaninsoadkorn could you please upload your mods on Mega or Google drive?, because torrent it's pretty slow or sometimes unusable. (can't manage to download "LaMagica" and "BattleFieldPack - RECUT EDGES + COLOR BOOST" .

qotsaninsoadkorn

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
@qotsaninsoadkorn could you please upload your mods on Mega or Google drive?, because torrent it's pretty slow or sometimes unusable. (can't manage to download "LaMagica" and "BattleFieldPack - RECUT EDGES + COLOR BOOST" .

oh sorry to hear you've had issues... a friend is helping seed... i guess maybe he stopped...
i have a horrible upload speed but i'll try to get mirrors going asap...
using MEGA... it's gonna take something like 12 for me to upload just the RECUT & Color BattleFields...
once that one is up i'll start trying to do this one... although if someone who already has V2 wants to help upload a mirror, that would be extremely helpful :) or at least help seed if you still can for now...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-12 04:01:40 by qotsaninsoadkorn »