Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Materia Equip-Effects Editor - MateriaKeeper (1.2)  (Read 481 times)

Sega Chief

• No life
  • These guys is sick
    • View Profile
This is a tool written in C# for modifying the stat bonuses/penalties given by Materia. It can modify an ff7.exe, ff7_en.exe, or a ff7.iso/bin/img from the PAL/NTSC regions.

Materia Keeper v1.2

Source: Github Repository

Requires:
-) PC with .NET (most PCs with a modern OS will have this)

Features:
-) Can modify ff7.exe, ff7_en.exe, or a .bin, .img, .iso file
-) Option to revert an opened file's values back to the default
-) Print a hext-edit ready .txt document listing all offsets + hex values (PC & PSX)

Potential Issues
-) The file validation is fairly basic; avoid using this tool on files it wasn't designed to be used on.

I put this together as a coding project to get more familiar with making tools and moving onto more complex projects (plus it helps with my programming). Any feedback on how the tool functions and the code itself would be welcome; I stuck with a method I was familiar with from college but there's likely better ways to go about it. I definitely need some pointers on file verification because the way the tool currently checks for a valid file isn't strong enough (especially for PSX files).

Thanks to RedXIV & DLPB on the Discord for testing the tool out and providing feedback.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-12 02:48:31 by Sega Chief »