Author Topic: [FF7PC] [7H] Enhanced Stock UI (2.0)  (Read 38863 times)

Fireflew

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] [7H] Enhanced Stock UI (2.0)
« Reply #150 on: 2020-05-02 23:37:40 »
Is it possible to keep all of the original UI but just change the battle menu placement?

Basically I want to keep everything exactly how it looked in the original but move the battle UI to the bottom of the screen (over the black bar) like it is in the enhanced version.

Like this:
https://i.imgur.com/iPFtZ2i.jpg

It would probably need to be moved up a tiny bit just to allow for the pop up menus to fit however.

If this isn't possible is it at least possible to keep the same positioning of the original but allow for the games graphics to appear beneath it (instead of the black bar)?

Chrysalis

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2020-05-03 21:52:03 »
Fireflew If you want the original menu textures, spacing etc. but with full screen battle rendering, The FFNX driver by trueodin now has that as a built in feature.

Information here, it has a flag to move the battle UI to bottom.

https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx#how-to-install

Fireflew

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2020-05-05 01:15:44 »
Thanks Chrysalis.

Tried it out but couldn't get it to start in fullscreen despite setting it as fullscreen in the config.

Also couldn't get it to work with 7th Heaven. I was probably doing something wrong though.

CrichtonKicks

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2020-05-14 00:32:02 »
I've had a couple of occasions where the text boxes disappear immediately as soon as they appear but the game is still waiting for a control prompt for me to proceed.  The box pops up so fast that it can't be read.  It happened in the mansion basemen flashback at Nibelheim and happened during the train chase in Corel.  Disabling the mod fixed the issue. 

Chrysalis

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2020-05-14 01:44:31 »
Re download it from the catalog, I pushed an update which should stop that.

I didnt announce or get the catalog version updated yet.

If it does still happen after you re download please let me know where it occurred

CrichtonKicks

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2020-05-14 01:56:42 »
Thanks!  That seemed to fix it. 

CrichtonKicks

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2020-05-14 02:12:12 »
Spoke to soon- while the re-download fixed the issue at Mt Nibel/Corel I just had it happen when speaking to the two NPCs standing outside the clinic at Mideel.  '

This is using ESUI -rel 2, dated 5/12 downloaded from the catalog. 

Chrysalis

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2020-05-14 02:55:15 »
Download again, I just put the old parameters back in from last week, the changes I did for NT mansion have had too many unintended side affects so those have been rolled back.

I will version bump this tomorrow so everyone gets an new version in 7h.

SeveronSylvanas

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2020-05-14 03:28:03 »
Hey there.

New Threat recently made it compatible to show controller icons with ESUI which works with the 2.27 version. However if I use the FF7 Remake ESUI it doesn't show the icons. Not sure if Im missing something or if the mod doesn't support it yet?

Chrysalis

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2020-05-14 04:26:50 »
just need to wait on that one, fewtch is working on it.

hatori

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2020-05-15 20:27:00 »
Having a problem when enabling the enhanced stock option in the mod, i can use every other option however i like, but once this option is turned on, i get a crash when loading the game due to an access violation. i had the same crash when using the same option in the user interface mod. both ff7.exe (which is the original patched exe from the 1998 version of the game) and 7th heaven programs are set to run as administrator and made sure i had anti virus turned off while testing the issue. this was also the only mod running when i started to test to see if another mod caused the crash.

Chrysalis

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2020-05-17 20:49:49 »
This is due to the hext modification of the code, in your OS you need to disable DEP protection for ff7.exe.

By default this is "not" enabled, so you or a program has changed it on your system.

Darxide

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: Today at 03:15:23 »
Got a bug here. It's pretty self explanatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKJ_nmvq08

tl;dr: Using thinner or thinnest UI bars causes some dialog boxes to vanish. Setting it to "No Change" has no such bug.

Also, the download link in the first post here goes to 404.

Chrysalis

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Today at 04:33:20 »
You using build 2.27 which was broken, please update to the latest in MOTR catalog, I will fix the link in the first post.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:41:46 by Chrysalis »