Author Topic: [FF7PC] Remako HD Graphics Mod (AI enhanced field backgrounds) - 1.0 is out now!  (Read 20152 times)

Cloud’s Stripe

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
A dotmask is much better. :P

The mask in mds7_w2 is messed up and parts lattice fence are not correctly visible when a 3D object is behind it.

Hello,

What do y’all use (and in what configuration) for scanlines or a dot mask in combination with the upscaled backgrounds (remako/satsuki’s/manakaiser’s)? Seems like an excellent combination indeed!
I only know of Reshade’s scanline option; i have no idea where to find a dot mask, searched mds7_w2 for clues but didn’t find anything.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-05-29 09:01:43 by Cloud’s Stripe »

tracido

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Alright for everyone and the whole community who want to mix and match stuff, I did something..

First, I made the Remako Field mod have the Minigames and Char folders as secondary on off options.

(Link) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FUmTtwDi1Ny7U0asLtc05PBaLJSZT89b

Second, I added the minigame stuffs to all the separate mingame folders in the community iro file..

(Link) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RUpDuaypWP_S5dunUTWv5gKBGV7vzn5C

Links all set..

Kaldarasha

• No life
  • Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Hello,

What do y’all use (and in what configuration) for scanlines or a dot mask in combination with the upscaled backgrounds (remako/satsuki’s/manakaiser’s)? Seems like an excellent combination indeed!
I only know of Reshade’s scanline option; i have no idea where to find a dot mask, searched mds7_w2 for clues but didn’t find anything.

Thanks

Sadly I could play the game with dotmask only on epsexe with Pete's opengl plugin. For pc I haven't seen this feature.

CaptRobau

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Your movies are generally great quality. Even better than satsuki's.

But some movies like funeral, boogdemo, boogdown, boogstar, boogup, sqlogo are arguably worse than satsuki's.

phoenix movie has sound issues that you should fix
gold1 has chipping sound around 00:07- 00:09

Great work though and I'm using a mix of yours and satsuki movies.

Thank you. I looked through the fmvs for issues, but it's easy to miss the forest for the trees with bugs. You kinda stop hearing what everything is supposed to sound sometimes.

Alright for everyone and the whole community who want to mix and match stuff, I did something..

First, I made the Remako Field mod have the Minigames and Char folders as secondary on off options.

(Link) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FUmTtwDi1Ny7U0asLtc05PBaLJSZT89b

Second, I added the minigame stuffs to all the separate mingame folders in the community iro file..

(Link) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RUpDuaypWP_S5dunUTWv5gKBGV7vzn5C

That's a great idea that I had not thought off. Will make them on/off options in the next update.

Kuraudo.

• Cool newbie
  • Panta rei
    • View Profile
Hi CaptRobau,

What about animations? Is it possible to fix it?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-29 21:44:03 by Kuraudo. »

daghda

• View Profile
On the png error issue I think I found the problem.  When you are installing the prerender background mod, it may seem like 7thheaven is locking up and froze.  Leave it alone for a good 20 seconds and it will install the prerender patch.  If you force quit it while its frozen, the mod won't install correctly and you will get that png missing error.  Try uninstalling it and reinstalling but waiting this time for it to unfreeze on its on.  Hopefully this works!

CaptRobau

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Hi CaptRobau,

What about animations? Is it possible to fix it?

As I wrote in my release post on my site:

Some effects on some screens aren't filtered to avoid in-game animation bugs. Examples include the glow in Mt. Nibel and the waterfall behind Aeris' house. Still, the bump in resolution outweighs the loss of some of the game's background animations, don't you think?

So no. Not right now at least, with the current tool set.

On the png error issue I think I found the problem.  When you are installing the prerender background mod, it may seem like 7thheaven is locking up and froze.  Leave it alone for a good 20 seconds and it will install the prerender patch.  If you force quit it while its frozen, the mod won't install correctly and you will get that png missing error.  Try uninstalling it and reinstalling but waiting this time for it to unfreeze on its on.  Hopefully this works!

Thanks for the info