Author Topic: [FF7] Strife's Mods of the Round - 7th Heaven Supplementary Catalog  (Read 5279 times)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Crazy poster
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Latest Update: July 15, 2019

Mods of the Round

Before we get started make sure you fully read, and follow the instructions on EQ2Alyza's 7th Heaven Modding Tutorial. This is a suppliment to the current catalog (V2.3) to add more upgraded mods to the list. I'll do my best to set it up to fit along with the already existing mods. Make sure you follow the load order. As the tutorial says LOAD ORDER MATTERS!

I don't care, where's the catalog? Wow rude, you get this color because of your rudeness :( : iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QBGsgGK6

What is it, and what do I do?

As stated above, this is a supplemental catalog to 7th Heaven's v2.3 Catalog. It has has some mods that may already exist in the catalog, but some of them are outdated. This catalog adds the most up to date versions of some mods. Mods of the Round [MotR] downloads directly from the creators download link, so once an update is made it should be there for you almost immediately. To add the MotR catalog to 7th Heaven, click on the Workshop tab at the top, and click General Settings. Then paste the link to the Subscription box just under EQ2Alyza's link.

Visual Aid

Updating the Catalog

This doesn't have much to do with updating the mods. The mod should update themselves when they are updated from the creators end. This is more for if I alter any existing information or add/remove something to the catalog. Clicking Update Catalog under Workshop will give you all that you really need. It'll add any new mods added. However I will often change other things with an update, so you will have to get a bit involved to try to update.

• 7th Heaven Version 1.56: Shut down 7th Heaven, open your 7th Heaven installation folder, then the 7th Workshop folder and delete the catalog.xml file. Restart 7th Heaven, and click Update Catalog. That will fully update the MotR catalog.
  • 7th Heaven Version 1.55 and below: Shut down 7th Heaven, open your %appdata% folder then open 7th Workshop. Delete the catalog.xml file, restart 7th Heaven, and click Update Catalog. That will fully update the MotR catalog.

What mods are included?

Currently there aren't a lot. I haven't done all of them, but since this is only supposed to go alongside the existing catalog it shouldn't need all of them. I've only put mods in from creators that have given me permission. More will be added once I get permission to add them to the list.

• Sega Chief's New Threat V1.5
  • cmh175's Avatars and HQ FMV Pack
  • Tsunamods Team - Avalanche Arisen 1k Battle Scenes by Uprisen
  • Tsunamods Team - Avalanche Arisen 2k Battle Scenes by Uprisen
  • Tsunamods Team - OGFields Complete Field Replacement by OpenGrip
  • Tsunamods Team - Arranged Soundtrack by Tsunamix and Dracula9AntiChapel
  • Tsunamods Team - Echo-S Beta by the Tsunamods Team
  • Ninostyle's Models
  • ProtomanZxAdvent's Mod Compliation
  • Arks Fields
  • Echo-S Beta

To the Mod Artists

If you have an IRO for your mod that is more updated than what is in the V2.3 catalog or a new one that you would like to add to my catalog please DM me either here or on Discord.

Congratulations!

You made it to the end and deserve your reward. You get this cool color and the catalog link to paste into your subscriptions! Just remember, LOAD ORDER MATTERS iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QBGsgGK6

Credits:

• All the mod artists both featured and not featured mods in this catalog
  • The members of the Tsunamods Team that helped me figure out how to get this to even work: Tsunamix and UpRisen
  • Iros and everyone of the 7th Heaven Crew
  • EQ2Alyza for making the first catalog and up keeping 7th Heaven for so long, and because I essentially used the same format of the 7th Heaven Modding Tutorial post with some slight changes >.>
  • Everyone on the Semi-Official Qhimm Discord (Link is on the front page)
  • Everyone else who's interest, playtesting, and support has kept all of this going on for so long, thank you all.

Changelog:

I'll do my best to remember to keep this updated: https://pastebin.com/dZf7aNAi

Donate
« Last Edit: 2019-07-17 18:55:08 by strife98 »

Khrone

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Great news!

But for the love of me I can't get it to work! Here it is:

Code: [Select]
Failed to load subscription iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QBGsgGK6: System.InvalidOperationException: Errore nel documento XML (13, 10). ---> System.FormatException: Formato della stringa di input non corretto.
   in System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   in System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   in Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCatalog.Read3_ModVersion(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   in Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCatalog.Read6_Mod(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   in Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCatalog.Read7_Catalog(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   in Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCatalog.Read8_Catalog()
   --- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
   in System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   in System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   in Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:riga 15
   in Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:riga 19
   in Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.BackgroundCatCheck(Object state) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:riga 319

Yuffie1983

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
So just to get something clear, this is not an official update, but a stop gap of sorts before the official release of the new version. Also is there a way I can donate for all the hard work effort gone into this, thanks.  :D :D

Just to say I am getting the same issue as Khrone, seems like it is a MS XML issue. I have tried deleting the files from the 7th Heaven workshop folder that has the settings, Library and catalogue XML files but still getting a error message in junction with the new pastebin link.

P.S can a mod remove my post below not needed and best to keep threads tidy thank you.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 2019-02-16 22:22:12 by Yuffie1983 »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Crazy poster
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Great news!

But for the love of me I can't get it to work! Here it is:

Just to say I am getting the same issue as Khrone, seems like it is a MS XML issue. I have tried deleting the files from the 7th Heaven workshop folder that has the settings, Library and catalogue XML files but still getting a error message in junction with the new pastebin link.

Eeeeyuuup. That was my fault. In the process of trying to make it look fancy, and a bit more organized,  I tried adding [MotR] into the version section and just assuming that it would work didn't test it. Apparently the version section doesn't allow for anything but numbers. It should work fine now! My fault for not testing after every little change I make.

So just to get something clear, this is not an official update, but a stop gap of sorts before the official release of the new version. Also is there a way I can donate for all the hard work effort gone into this, thanks.  :D :D

Yeah this isn't an official update, I'll add Unofficial to the title just to make sure people know that.
I guess I can add a donate section...never really thought it warranted one haha.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-17 02:07:52 by strife98 »

JackMonty

• View Profile
I just wanted to say thanks for the extra IRO links - I found this very handy. One thing I found though was I am unable to download New Threat by Sega Chief, I just keep getting an error - I'm not sure if it is just me or if anyone else has had this issue?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Crazy poster
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
I honestly have no clue. You're not the only one having the issue, I've had two other people test it and it's giving them the same error. Strange thing is that it's downloading perfectly fine for me.  :-\ Only thing I can suggest is give it a few days, I'm hoping this is something on the download websites end. Couple of things you can do is download it from Sega's official thread here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0;topicseen or use the link in the description of New Threat in 7th heaven, download the IRO from there, and use 7th Heaven to import it.

Chrysalis

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
this is outstanding thank you, I didnt realise people could make their own catalog's.

Also I appreciate that the mods listed have a link to the mod so one can check screenshots etc. on the other catalog they just point to the main 7thheaven thread.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Crazy poster
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Thank you! One thing I thought was really important when making this was that each artist got credit, and links to the correct areas. It's also why there isn't any combined mods like a single model IRO that has models from multiple different artists. I wanted each one to be represented by themselves so each person gets recognized.

It's not the hardest thing in the world to make your own catalog. 1.56 has a Catalog maker built in, and you use the code from it and use paste bin to store the code there. As long as the mods are downloaded from Gdrive and Mega then 7th Heaven can pull it. It  doesn't work with any other download website from what I've tried.