Author Topic: I don't know if this is useful, but... (possible way of increasing FMV quality?)  (Read 334 times)

RecklessPrudence

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
So I was grabbing the translation file for the Japanese version of Ace Combat 3 (AC3's English version was gutted compared to the Japanese version), and I remembered something. Before the project released its current version, one of the team made this blog post, which included a higher-resolution version of the opening cinematic and some screenshot comparisons. I followed the link in the blog to where they said they ran across the technique, and found this post from 2016, which had the instructions on how to perform this witchcraft and a link to their test cinematic.

I honestly have no idea if this would be effective on Final Fantasy cinematics, given the vastly differing styles, but on the off chance it is and none of you have seen this already, I thought I'd share.

Hope someone can make it work!

satsuki

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Thanks but it's useless.
Anime style vidéo are realy easy to upgrade with modern avisynth scripts (i've done it a lot myself for old jap anime).
Those techniques are useless because of ff7 is nothing like drawed animation and is realy low quality because of eavy temporal noise and palette colors

RecklessPrudence

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Damn. Oh well, in lieu of either Square Enix finding a backup drive after all these years (seriously, Square's archival strategies during the PS1 era must have been useless), someone redoing them frame-by-frame from scratch, or some graphical thing that may as well be straight-up magic, I guess we're stuck with what we've got and what improvements have already been made, along with maybe iterative improvements on those, huh?
« Last Edit: 2019-03-01 05:30:32 by RecklessPrudence »